Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
They shouldn't do that even if you weren't currently a Diamond...
But they did. Just spent an hour on the phone. They're sold out of suites. Never got an email, nothing. Rebooked to the Hyatt Place on straight points, as I don't see the point in paying the same price for a room that isn't what I originally booked and was confirmed in.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Frindle
But they did. Just spent an hour on the phone. They're sold out of suites. Never got an email, nothing. Rebooked to the Hyatt Place on straight points, as I don't see the point in paying the same price for a room that isn't what I originally booked and was confirmed in.
That's unacceptable. You booked a suite, and I am positive that they have a suite somewhere to give you.

Wish I had the mail address of Hannah's replacement to give you...
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
That's unacceptable. You booked a suite, and I am positive that they have a suite somewhere to give you.

Wish I had the mail address of Hannah's replacement to give you...
This is the second reservation Hyatt hotels (not the corp, but the hotels themselves) have screwed up in a row. Park Hyatt Sydney denied me Diamond benefits because I used points. They stated that directly in front of me. I was coming out of my Girlfriend's/ex/It's Compicated's birthday, so this is not ok.

Who is/was Hannah? I have the email of the SVP of Asia/Pacific (Sara) but not completely sure Hawaii would fall under that, as it may be Americas. Either way they can get it to the right person.

Last edited by Frindle; Dec 5, 2015 at 1:18 am
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
RUMOR: Resort fees returning for Diamonds

We just finished our Thanksgiving stay at this hotel last week and at check out one of the Front Desk Agents (that I usually always check-in/out with) told me that they've heard that in 2016 the hotel would no longer waive resort fees or Diamond members. She said they will grandfather reservations made before the announcement so I should book anything/everything even if I'll cancel later to avoid the fee.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by SF1K
We just finished our Thanksgiving stay at this hotel last week and at check out one of the Front Desk Agents (that I usually always check-in/out with) told me that they've heard that in 2016 the hotel would no longer waive resort fees or Diamond members. She said they will grandfather reservations made before the announcement so I should book anything/everything even if I'll cancel later to avoid the fee.
Just another fatally of VE firms owning hotel properties ! A client of mine was meeting me in SEA, they got in early so went to check in at the SETAC Hilton who wanted to charge them a $25.00 to check in at 10am ( his flight was early) to which he said cancel my reservation I will go next door to the Marriott, the agent dropped the fee!

SO, more to come folks in 2016 as these VE firms tighten down !
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
Park Hyatt Sydney denied me Diamond benefits because I used points. They stated that directly in front of me. I was coming out of my Girlfriend's/ex/It's Compicated's birthday, so this is not ok.
A little more information, please, about the PH Sydney denying you Diamond benefits.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway
A little more information, please, about the PH Sydney denying you Diamond benefits.
They had Opera View Deluxe rooms available and when asked about that, the front desk guy confirmed they had one, asked a blonde lady down the desk who replied I was a "redemption booking" and suddenly the room was no longer available.

Heard back from the HR Waikiki as well. They went a long way to making it right, but I'm still not in a suite. All things considered I think this was a very reasonable/borderline generous offer on their part to make it right. The only thing that I'm still waiting for an answer for is what happened. Hotel says Hyatt Res cancelled it, Hyatt Res says hotel cancelled it, and I want to know what happened, hopefully when people come back to work Monday I can get an answer.

Last edited by Frindle; Dec 6, 2015 at 12:31 am
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just completed a one-night stay on our way in from the north shore.

Upgrade was to ocean front on 7th floor Diamond Head Tower. Nice view but way too much traffic noise and the air conditioning was very weak. There was a debris chute running through the middle of the tower right across from elevator lobby. Plastic sheeting and unpainted drywall. Not so classy. Especially since the maids left their carts and big piles of dirty laundry lying in the hallway most of the day.

I liked the room updates, especially the Toto toilet, abundant power outlets, and much nicer (and thankfully muted) carpeting.

The Regency Club is in its usual location on 3rd floor. They put out a nice breakfast here, but the coffee machine was not working properly.

I have very mixed feelings about this property. The traffic noise from Kalakaua and lack of direct beach access are a real drag, as are the extremely dated and worn public spaces (please please please replace the carpeting in the elevator lobbies!!!) Will likely switch back to HHV if HR drops the resort fee waiver.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
7th floor is way too low and I'm not surprised you had an issue with traffic noise.

They had to redo a chunk of the lobby side of the diamond head tower because of a flood and pipe break from last summer. I'm surprised they're not done yet, but the damage was pretty extensive. They had removed most of the ceilings when I was there in Sept.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mary2e
7th floor is way too low and I'm not surprised you had an issue with traffic noise.
It is. But my GF doesn't like it when I complain about room assignment. And it seems with Hyatt lately that the first room they assign is pretty much always a loser.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:18 am

Tell your girlfriend to go play with the parrots while you check in
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica

They had to redo a chunk of the lobby side of the diamond head tower because of a flood and pipe break from last summer. I'm surprised they're not done yet, but the damage was pretty extensive. They had removed most of the ceilings when I was there in Sept.
I was there about 4 weeks ago, and the front desk agent told me they were replacing all of the ceilings on the lobby and 3rd floor levels due to the flooding.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:00 am

Those ceilings were gone when I was there. It was weird seeing just the light fixtures hanging.

They had to get rid of any sheetrock the got wet and make sure no mold formed. I'm surprised they're still working on it.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:59 am

Tell your girlfriend to go play with the parrots while you check in
Good idea

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I was there about 4 weeks ago, and the front desk agent told me they were replacing all of the ceilings on the lobby and 3rd floor levels due to the flooding.
Since there was a massive debris chute cutting through the 7th floor, it would seem they are doing some relatively heavy construction higher up as well.

I did not see signs of major construction on 2 or 3. But wow those carpets in the elevator lobbies are tired.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:35 am

Hi Mary2e, does HR Waikiki still waive the resort fee for Diamond members? I just called in-house reservations and they said that they no longer waive the resort fee for Diamond members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.