Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forward

HR Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forward

Old Oct 5, 15, 3:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by synnyster View Post
"She" is the booking agent from Hyatt that took my call when I had to extend my booking one night.
"She" has no credibility with me.
Old Oct 5, 15, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
"She" has no credibility with me.
Do you deny that a Hyatt CSR would say something like that? Not with malice or intent to deceive, but I have received my share of misinformation from reps in the past.
Old Oct 5, 15, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
Do you deny that a Hyatt CSR would say something like that? Not with malice or intent to deceive, but I have received my share of misinformation from reps in the past.
And i have too, lately some real disappointing attitudes. Not from the "my Hyatt concierge group" but the Diamond desk whoa really disappointed.

Oh well

I just came back from the PH DC (24th Street) great as usual !!!
Old Oct 5, 15, 7:52 pm

Well get this and you know I am a huge Hyatt supporter. 8 months ago I worked with Hyatt for my son's honeymoon at the Andaz in Maui. I had made reservations 8 months in advance. Made them with points and cash, was willing to pay cash to make sure they got a great room. Made it "Diamond Guest Program"

What did they get, well first thing a Happy First Anniversary welcome NO DIAMOND GUEST no nothing. marginally ocean view.

You know I am loyal travel many miles a year and for once I expect Hyatt to come through and they did this to me. Tomorrow I am calling the Ritz down the road.

Thank you Hyatt
Old Oct 5, 15, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Straight from the horses mouth..

There is no discount for Platinums and the fee is $30 per night plus tax coming to $31.24 per night.

I am certain this is accurate information.
Old Oct 5, 15, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Well get this and you know I am a huge Hyatt supporter. 8 months ago I worked with Hyatt for my son's honeymoon at the Andaz in Maui. I had made reservations 8 months in advance. Made them with points and cash, was willing to pay cash to make sure they got a great room. Made it "Diamond Guest Program"

What did they get, well first thing a Happy First Anniversary welcome NO DIAMOND GUEST no nothing. marginally ocean view.
Guest of Honor is only for pure point reservations. It is not valid on Points + Cash rate.
Old Oct 6, 15, 6:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Guest of Honor is only for pure point reservations. It is not valid on Points + Cash rate.
I did not know that cash and points reservation can be made for others. Would anyone want a night on me for a category 1 hotel? I'll pay the points and receive stay credit and you pay the cash portion. lmk!
Old Oct 6, 15, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qmiles321 View Post
I did not know that cash and points reservation can be made for others. Would anyone want a night on me for a category 1 hotel? I'll pay the points and receive stay credit and you pay the cash portion. lmk!
I'll do that, then change the GP Number on the reservation when I get there.
Old Oct 6, 15, 8:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

No, it's better now than it was but reps used to get even the basic information wrong - the base 5 points / $.

In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if the rep was trying to get the op to open the credit card so that she meets her goals.
Old Oct 6, 15, 9:46 am

Not true I made them and I paid cash/points. Problem is the hotel blew six months of notice and planning. Seriously considering moving them next door to the Marriott, they have room. Am waiting to see what the Andaz Maui does when the manager gets in. To say my son was a bit underwhelmed is putting it mildly. And Dad is really #[email protected]%[email protected] !!!! Oh well "hello Marriott "
Old Oct 6, 15, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Not true I made them and I paid cash/points.
Curiously, there is no mention at all in the Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions of the Guest of Honor program, so I had to go to the specific page that talks about it:

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...-of-honor.html

And there's not even anything that describes the type of stay necessary in the Guest of Honor Terms and Conditions. The only thing that addresses this is the first paragraph of marketing catch copy:

Now when you redeem your points for a free night for your friends and family, they’ll receive the exclusive in-hotel perks of your Diamond membership.
It would seem that the highlighted phrase would imply a full points reservation that doesn't use any money...but if it's talking about "free" from the guest's standpoint, then I suppose that any reservation that uses points might work?

But, of course, there's always this:

Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
Which they seem to be relying on quite a bit these days...
Old Oct 6, 15, 7:19 pm

Curiously, there is no mention at all in the Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions of the Guest of Honor program, so I had to go to the specific page that talks about it:

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...-of-honor.html

And there's not even anything that describes the type of stay necessary in the Guest of Honor Terms and Conditions. The only thing that addresses this is the first paragraph of marketing catch copy:

It would seem that the highlighted phrase would imply a full points reservation that doesn't use any money...but if it's talking about "free" from the guest's standpoint, then I suppose that any reservation that uses points might work?

But, of course, there's always this:

Which they seem to be relying on quite a bit these days...

OK, they did finally recognize my son and his bride as "Diamond Guest of Honor" Next day and after repeated emails and talking to Omaha. But they dd not offer them an upgrade to full ocean view, I paid cash and points for "parcel " six months ago with updates from Omaha

All the manger would do was offer them the welcome gifts that they were suppose to do and a cabana for the day REALLY she went on to tell me that they were one of the top redemption hotels world wide to which I answered her and I am a Diamond and frankly earned them AND I am paying cash also and Omaha had been in touch several times.

At the end of the day she was not going to do anything, for me I have begun to cancel future reservations since my loyalty has not gotten anything or at least the one time I wanted it done right By the by she did have an attitude even the reservation agent in Omaha echoed that one !!

Ta TA
Old Oct 13, 15, 11:23 pm

Can anyone confirm what suite a DSU books into here? I'm booked with C+P, and Diamond Line is saying I can't use a DSU but could if I paid Hyatt Daily rate.

Finally got the DSU applied, booked into the Ocean Front Suite "Parlor" which I'm assuming is the Family Suite on their website. Now that it's all done I'm debating HP with BRG for $150 a night, which would be cheaper than HR, but no suite. I can never make up my mind on where I want to stay....

Last edited by Frindle; Oct 14, 15 at 3:05 am
Old Oct 14, 15, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You are correct, it books into the family suite.
Old Oct 14, 15, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Originally Posted by Frindle View Post
Can anyone confirm what suite a DSU books into here? I'm booked with C+P, and Diamond Line is saying I can't use a DSU but could if I paid Hyatt Daily rate.

Finally got the DSU applied, booked into the Ocean Front Suite "Parlor" which I'm assuming is the Family Suite on their website. Now that it's all done I'm debating HP with BRG for $150 a night, which would be cheaper than HR, but no suite. I can never make up my mind on where I want to stay....
Since you are a diamond, I would definitely recommend staying at the HR. HP is not bad, but the location of HR (DSU confirms you into ocean front with a GREAT view) is way better than HP. Regency club offers pretty good breakfast and alcohol is complimentary for diamonds during cocktail hours.

Search this Thread