Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forward

HR Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forward

Old Apr 16, 15, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
It was $35 when I used it last year.
http://charleystaxi.com

Maybe the driver was "nice" and included tips for you since you're from Japan?
Old Apr 16, 15, 12:54 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
Bad news for those of us who have come to know and love Hannah.. She has received a pretty sweet job offer from Hyatt and will be leaving Waikiki shortly. I didn't think she'd last long in that position - she had "promotion" written all over her.

Good for her , bad for us
Bummer for us: first James and now Hannah. Hope the next one, assuming there is one, fits the mold. James and Hannah were both excellent, and I too thought she probably wasn't going to be there for very long.

Hearty congratulations to Hannah though. Hope Hyatt doesn't end up losing her like they did James.
Old Apr 16, 15, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yeah, when I saw it on a facebook page I was surprised, and not surprised. The service she provided over my last 2 trips was above and beyond. She already started working on our next trip.

She will go very far with Hyatt.
Old Apr 16, 15, 2:41 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life View Post
Bummer for us: first James and now Hannah. Hope the next one, assuming there is one, fits the mold. James and Hannah were both excellent, and I too thought she probably wasn't going to be there for very long.

Hearty congratulations to Hannah though. Hope Hyatt doesn't end up losing her like they did James.
Good thing about James is he helps me in Chicago where I usually stay at the Park but he 'crosses" over and now with Hyatt's "My Concierge" booking is even better
Old Apr 16, 15, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by qmiles321 View Post
http://charleystaxi.com

Maybe the driver was "nice" and included tips for you since you're from Japan?
Busted! Guess it was $29 and I'm remembering it wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!

Aloha oe to Hannah, and mahalo plenty for the unforgettable final night in a Penthouse Suite!

Last edited by hailstorm; Apr 16, 15 at 3:21 pm
Old Apr 23, 15, 1:23 pm

Hannah was teriffic and will be missed big time. She could not do enough for us on our last visit. Hope she soars in her next job.

Old Apr 23, 15, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
I love that dude photobombing your picture in the background!
Old Apr 24, 15, 2:39 pm

Plat Benefits at the Club?

Hi! I will be traveling with my family to celebrate our anniversary. We are using points to stay and I am a Plat level guest. I also have the credit card. What are the chances I will be upgraded? Is it worth the 7000 pts to get to the club level (is the food still good under the new ownership?). What is the most spacious basic room I should request?

All in all, how do they treat their Plat level guests? Many thanks!!!
Old Apr 24, 15, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can't respond because I've never been a plat, but if you want club level, I suggest you spring for it. it will not be included. As well, depending upon the time of year, you may or may not get an upgrade.

Rooms are all about the same size. It's view and floor that make the difference. If you're going at a busy time I would not count on anything more than a city view room on a low floor. If it's slow you will probably get something more.

The club is still very good and they've expanded their offerings.
Old Apr 24, 15, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ChicagoKat View Post
Hi! I will be traveling with my family to celebrate our anniversary. We are using points to stay and I am a Plat level guest. I also have the credit card. What are the chances I will be upgraded? Is it worth the 7000 pts to get to the club level (is the food still good under the new ownership?). What is the most spacious basic room I should request?

All in all, how do they treat their Plat level guests? Many thanks!!!
I think if the club level is that important then I agree book it. You might call the PLT desk and talk to them, they can send a message to the hotel for you. Caution if you have not been here before you are totally at the mercy of "load factor" when you check in. This hotel is extremely popular with the Asian travelers as well the Australians due to their marketing efforts. Remember the "club" is on the pool deck area much much better than before.

Enjoy Mahalo
Old Apr 24, 15, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
I love that dude photobombing your picture in the background!
LOL, didn't see it til I read this post.
Old Apr 25, 15, 5:19 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
If you want Regency access as a Plat you must book it as it won't be comped. It's well worth it. The breakfast and evening offerings were very good and soft drinks, coffee , juice , water and cookies are available all day. We used the lounge for our dinner on 3 of our 5 nights and saved a bundle
Old Apr 25, 15, 8:34 am

Plat Benefits?

Thanks! It sounds like the Club is a great option and worth the points. Do they give any other benefits to Plats? anything along the line of the Diamond benefits? (fingers crossed )
Old Apr 25, 15, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by ChicagoKat View Post
Thanks! It sounds like the Club is a great option and worth the points. Do they give any other benefits to Plats? anything along the line of the Diamond benefits? (fingers crossed )
Not really this place is like the HHV it's crawling with Silver Golds etc trying to get a morsel of bennies !

Even as a Diamond sometimes I have had to ask, and I have been staying here for over 25 years.
Old Apr 25, 15, 12:42 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
This hotel has always treated me well, including a POV room (even though I reserved the cheapest possible room) and club access ... years ago when I was still a Platinum. Still, I absolutely would _not_ expect anything above the paid-for room. This is usually a very busy hotel.

Search this Thread