Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forward

HR Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forward

Old Mar 29, 15, 5:28 am

Programs: Singapore Air, Delta, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood
Parking

Does anyone have up to date information about weekly parking options near the hotel in order to avoid the rediculous fee that Hyatt charges?
Old Mar 29, 15, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I was just there and all that's available is at the Banyan, about 3-4 blocks away. I think the price is $80 per week.

Besides that, you can park at the Pacific Monarch, where I parked for $25 a day.
Old Mar 29, 15, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by DCP913 View Post
Does anyone have up to date information about weekly parking options near the hotel in order to avoid the rediculous fee that Hyatt charges?
Unless your there for business I would take a cab in and rent from the local office saves some money
Old Mar 29, 15, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Unless your there for business I would take a cab in and rent from the local office saves some money
This. If I stay in Waikiki and need a car, I rent one day at a time from one of the local stations. It's crazy to pay for overnight parking in Waikiki.

Note that the cheapest overnight location is probably the Zoo parking lot on Kapahulu at $1 per hour.
Old Mar 29, 15, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
This. If I stay in Waikiki and need a car, I rent one day at a time from one of the local stations. It's crazy to pay for overnight parking in Waikiki.

Note that the cheapest overnight location is probably the Zoo parking lot on Kapahulu at $1 per hour.
whatever suits you. I have rented for years and put up with the price and other times when on vacation cab from airport then rent local if needed turn back in. Parking is no different than NYC, Seattle LA etc.
Old Mar 29, 15, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
whatever suits you. I have rented for years and put up with the price and other times when on vacation cab from airport then rent local if needed turn back in. Parking is no different than NYC, Seattle LA etc.
Then I misread your post. Why would you not rent at the airport and save the $35+ each way for the taxi? The only reason I'm paying for a taxi in is because I'm not renting a car.
Old Mar 30, 15, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Then I misread your post. Why would you not rent at the airport and save the $35+ each way for the taxi? The only reason I'm paying for a taxi in is because I'm not renting a car.
I found it was cheaper to take a taxi to the hotel, rent from a nearby center, and drive the car back to the airport to return it there than renting from the airport location.
Old Mar 30, 15, 7:40 am

NP ! have done it both ways and now prefer cab direct to hotel and avoid that mess at the rental car center
Old Apr 8, 15, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Room Type Diagram

I originally missed this diagram when booking on their site, but have since found it to be very helpful:

http://waikiki.hyatt.com/content/dam...p_hnlrwmaptest
Old Apr 16, 15, 3:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Call Charleys Taxi (808)233-3333 and ask for an airport flat rate for $29
Old Apr 16, 15, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by qmiles321 View Post
Call Charleys Taxi (808)233-3333 and ask for an airport flat rate for $29
It was $35 when I used it last year.
Old Apr 16, 15, 8:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM
I do cab has the $29 rate. Coupons available in Oahu Gold book.
Old Apr 16, 15, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Bad news for those of us who have come to know and love Hannah.. She has received a pretty sweet job offer from Hyatt and will be leaving Waikiki shortly. I didn't think she'd last long in that position - she had "promotion" written all over her.

Good for her , bad for us
Old Apr 16, 15, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
Bad news for those of us who have come to know and love Hannah.. She has received a pretty sweet job offer from Hyatt and will be leaving Waikiki shortly. I didn't think she'd last long in that position - she had "promotion" written all over her.

Good for her , bad for us
You know that seems to be more the norm these days. The last Guest Service Manager let for Chicago a few years ago. Geez I hope Paul at the PHV doesn't leave he's really good.
Old Apr 16, 15, 11:31 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Good for Hannah and great for us all as she moves onto a promotion at Hyatt Gold Passport in Chicago. She will start to travel the world of Hyatt making it better for all! Congrats to Hannah. We will miss her.

Search this Thread