Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. That is all good info. We will be on Island again later this month for extended period looking for tourists things to do.

Might try Shore this time. But it does look very crowded.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Policy change for RC. I consider this big.

Was advised you can nolonger take a tray with food to your room from the Club lounge. That is a pretty big change in my book.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
welcome to the "new" Hyatt WK
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:34 am

Thank you. We are living the new WK! Just changed our late October res from Hyatt to Royal Hawaiian using SPG FRNs. Changing some between reservations to Sheraton Waikiki. I need to try some options and know what they are.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I had it yesterday, and would probably skip it. It is way overcrowded. The food selection is more extensive, but the offerings in the RC is more than sufficient.
If you do sit by the terrace, do watch out for birds that may snipe at your food.

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We are on property very soon. Anyone done the breakfast buffet since the renovation? Thoughts? Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Thank you. We are living the new WK! Just changed our late October res from Hyatt to Royal Hawaiian using SPG FRNs. Changing some between reservations to Sheraton Waikiki. I need to try some options and know what they are.
It's very hard for a hotel that's not on the beach to compete with the beach hotels that offer free umbrellas & chairs and nice restaurants by the sea side, especially the Westin that has live music in evenings. On the other hand, there's only a busy road in front of the Hyatt and the Hyatt on the beach shack which serves less than average food.

But hey, at least it's a lot better than the Marriott to which I couldn't even find the entrance the other day and has a pool the size of a paddling pool!
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:54 pm

Was advised you can nolonger take a tray with food to your room from the Club lounge. That is a pretty big change in my book.
I love the hotels which encourage you taking food by either providing trays or sometimes paper bags for nibbles (like Century City Hyatt^).
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
We are on property very soon. Anyone done the breakfast buffet since the renovation? Thoughts? Thanks.
Originally Posted by ws8n
I had it yesterday, and would probably skip it. It is way overcrowded. The food selection is more extensive, but the offerings in the RC is more than sufficient.
If you do sit by the terrace, do watch out for birds that may snipe at your food.
Stayed a week in July and dined several times at Shores and RC Lounge.
Agree Shores is very crowded at peak times from 7:30a-8:30a with 20 minute avg wait; but usually 5-10 min wait if dine before 7:30a and after 9a.

RC Lounge has the usual continental breakfast items + some cold cuts and fruit. But for something different, Shores offer about 50 cold + hot items, including Asian-style porridge and pickels, chow mein, custom-ordered omlet station, and bigger selection of tasty fruits & juices.

Last edited by npei; Sep 4, 2011 at 8:46 pm
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:17 am

There are reasons why the R C lounge is/will be getting more busy. I hope this Resort does not ruin a good thing. That is all I can say.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
There are reasons why the R C lounge is/will be getting more busy. I hope this Resort does not ruin a good thing. That is all I can say.
What do you mean? Are they providing R/C access more freely at this particular property or are you speaking to just all Hyatts in general?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:23 pm

I'm currently staying here now and stayed here a few months ago -- doesn't seem that bad.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:55 pm

Kids are back in school esp in Japan. It was more crowded in the RC at the end of July.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Kids are back in school esp in Japan. It was more crowded in the RC at the end of July.
There's room to expand it on the left side. There's currently a fake wall in place.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: UA GS 1K MM, Hyatt GP Diamond, basic level in many more..
Originally Posted by crystak
There's room to expand it on the left side. There's currently a fake wall in place.
Property is doing more work behind the wall. They are creating an escape route if there is a fire in the kitchen and blocks the only entry/exit point. It will be completed some time in the future, how long in the future is subject to debate
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Just returned from home after a 9/2-9/5 stay at the hotel upgraded to ocean view suite with a suite upgrade. Enjoyed every minute of it. Nice property, typical Hyatt service, 4:00 p.m. checkout. Enjoyed the Regency Club. All in all, as I say from time to time on FT, ^^

Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.