Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Originally Posted by mmgm
Apparently in response to guest complaints smoked salmon and individual yogurts have returned to the RC breakfast.
Just a large bowl of yogurt. No individual yogurts.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by azepine00
LOL Apparently when I posted the last time I was inflight and had put my lp down for a second. UGH
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Public transport in. ?

We are in for a short period so thinking about no rental car and hence no parking fee. Yeah! I see numerous buses at HNL. Can someone please comment on taking the bus from HNL to a stop near the Hyatt? Thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We are in for a short period so thinking about no rental car and hence no parking fee. Yeah! I see numerous buses at HNL. Can someone please comment on taking the bus from HNL to a stop near the Hyatt? Thank you.
Good question. After 35 years of travel to HNL we have taken to the bus in and cab return to airport. Works well. As for the Hyatt it is toward the end of the run, so depending on how many "off beach" hotel stops it's not too bad.

At the end of the day it does save a lot of money in car and parking fees. you can walk almost anywhere from the Hyatt other than Alan Wongs and your better taking a cab anyway
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I recommend taking this shuttle - http://robertshawaii.com/ it's frequent leaving from the airport and drops you off right in front of the Hyatt. The downside is that it can stop at a lot of hotels before it gets to the Hyatt, depending on where the other passengers are staying.

More convenient than taking a bus and cheaper than a taxi.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by crystak
I recommend taking this shuttle - http://robertshawaii.com/ it's frequent leaving from the airport and drops you off right in front of the Hyatt. The downside is that it can stop at a lot of hotels before it gets to the Hyatt, depending on where the other passengers are staying.

The last time I went to HNL, the airport staff asked why I just didn't take the bus! It was for a (rather long) MR so I didn't have much luggage with me -- so I took the bus. I stayed there for 4 days and spent probably less than $10 total on transportation!

The bus ride was long but no different from my NYC commute on the bus going crosstown in Manhattan (which, sadly, I think takes equally as long). Interesting to mingle with the locals and be "almost" like one while going to the airport.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
That is a good lead. $12 one way and $20 with return. FYI.

Originally Posted by crystak

Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:36 am

Bus number? Fare ?

Now that we know the public bus is possible. How about a bus/route number and fare? Thank you.

As for us. Our flight is so so so early it makes sense to use Robert's Hawaii as I think we can easliy spend $40 for two back in a cab versus $40 total for two with return. That is a huge savings and equal to one nights parking. My wife has a JCB card for that gets us some places. Thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bus 19 or 20 iIRC on kuhio. Takes about 1h. Check google maps and discussion on HI forum.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:31 pm

Thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
That is a good lead. $12 one way and $20 with return. FYI.
I used them going back to the airport and it wasn't a great experience. I was the first stop (Hyatt Waikiki) and he made several more stops and everybody was ready, so that was no problem, and then he stopped at a condo and went inside, the person wasn't there, and he couldn't stay there, so we took a complete tour of Waikiki and finally he went back to the condo and there's still nobody there, so he waited inside for several minutes until he decided that person was a no-show and finally headed to the airport.

I think from the airport would be a better experience since you probably don't have to wait, but with Roberts you do have to make your arrangements at least one day ahead of time since they don't have the airport contract.

Anyway, maybe you will do better with them. Let us know.

I think it was just annoying and frustrating that he couldn't/wouldn't call it in and let somebody else try to pick up that straggler.

-David
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:37 pm

Thank you. We will taxi back then. Can not miss that early flight. From airport with Bus will be the plan. I thought their website said five stops max.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I used them going back to the airport and it wasn't a great experience. I was the first stop (Hyatt Waikiki) and he made several more stops and everybody was ready, so that was no problem, and then he stopped at a condo and went inside, the person wasn't there, and he couldn't stay there, so we took a complete tour of Waikiki and finally he went back to the condo and there's still nobody there, so he waited inside for several minutes until he decided that person was a no-show and finally headed to the airport.

I think from the airport would be a better experience since you probably don't have to wait, but with Roberts you do have to make your arrangements at least one day ahead of time since they don't have the airport contract.

Anyway, maybe you will do better with them. Let us know.

I think it was just annoying and frustrating that he couldn't/wouldn't call it in and let somebody else try to pick up that straggler.

-David

This is one reason we take the bus in and cab out Makes departing a little easier.

Will be doing this the end of the month
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
You also have to remember just because you are on the bus at the airport it doesn't mean it will be leaving then. We were going to use Roberts from the Airport once and they told us it would be another 20 minutes before they left. Life is too short to spend it sitting on a bus when you could be having a cocktail by the beach.

BTW pick up some of the coupon books as there are often taxi services that will take you back to the airport for a fixed fee of $25.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Toula
You also have to remember just because you are on the bus at the airport it doesn't mean it will be leaving then. We were going to use Roberts from the Airport once and they told us it would be another 20 minutes before they left. Life is too short to spend it sitting on a bus when you could be having a cocktail by the beach.

BTW pick up some of the coupon books as there are often taxi services that will take you back to the airport for a fixed fee of $25.
while that is true your there to slow down not continue to rush!!! Besides didn't you have a Mai 'Tai on the plane coming over !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.