Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:57 pm

Sounds good, thank you everybody!
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Pre-Covid (Nov 19) rec'd Lei. It was our first trip back for a long time and I just hit LT. Since then, 4 more trips, nothing. Not that we need them so we didn't ask.

HR Maui 2 months ago using points rec'd Lei.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by 168
Pre-Covid (Nov 19) rec'd Lei. It was our first trip back for a long time and I just hit LT. Since then, 4 more trips, nothing. Not that we need them so we didn't ask.

HR Maui 2 months ago using points rec'd Lei.
thank you!
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:43 am

Entire month of January 2024’s rate is $511+tax! I wonder if this is a pricing error or some sort of test to see if the market will book at this price…..
Old Mar 14, 2023, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 168
Entire month of January 2024’s rate is $511+tax! I wonder if this is a pricing error or some sort of test to see if the market will book at this price…..
My guess is that discount rates have yet to be loaded.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:18 pm

Anyone has experiences booking award stay for the room type with club access at this property? I am willing to pay additional points for the club access. But I don't see this option. For the one with discoverist status, any chance to get the city view room to upgrade to an ocean view one?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Mightyzion
Anyone has experiences booking award stay for the room type with club access at this property? I am willing to pay additional points for the club access. But I don't see this option. For the one with discoverist status, any chance to get the city view room to upgrade to an ocean view one?
I have never seen award point club access rooms available, at least lately. The club is waaaayyyy overcrowded already. They might offer access for money, but again, it is already too crowded. You have a slight chance of an upgrade to ocean view if the hotel isn't busy. But the last I heard, they are nearly full all the time. Everyone's running to Hawaii All the Hyatt properties are full almost all the time.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I have never seen award point club access rooms available, at least lately. The club is waaaayyyy overcrowded already. They might offer access for money, but again, it is already too crowded. You have a slight chance of an upgrade to ocean view if the hotel isn't busy. But the last I heard, they are nearly full all the time. Everyone's running to Hawaii All the Hyatt properties are full almost all the time.
It is good to know. I have read some posts about the overcrowding of the club lately ( I guess a lot of globalist staying here), but still thought it is convenient to have the breakfast and maybe dinner at the club when traveling with kids. I felt lucky enough to book the nights we want given that everyone is running to Hawaii.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Mightyzion
It is good to know. I have read some posts about the overcrowding of the club lately ( I guess a lot of globalist staying here), but still thought it is convenient to have the breakfast and maybe dinner at the club when traveling with kids. I felt lucky enough to book the nights we want given that everyone is running to Hawaii.
The offerings are not what they used to be, and if you want breakfast, unless you're there before 7am, it very well could be you will not be able to find somewhere to sit. Hors douvre time is not as crowded, but still crowded. I would not count on making a dinner of it. Last trip we made lunch our main meal for the day and went to the club and had a salad later before they put the food away.

They told me the number of globalists that checking in one of the days we were there.... it was a lot. A real lot.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gonna have a paid stay so no free parking... are there any reasonable garage options nearby or should I just rent from onsite hertz (assuming after hours return possibility)?
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:40 am

One down side….morning pick up line is long if you are not in the line before they open. Felt like visiting your DMV….
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 168
One down side….morning pick up line is long if you are not in the line before they open. Felt like visiting your DMV….
That would be in addition to the risk of getting arrested and jailed when renting from Hertz . . . .
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 168
There is a Gold line downstairs in the garage too. Can skip the office line upstairs.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by azepine00
Gonna have a paid stay so no free parking... are there any reasonable garage options nearby or should I just rent from onsite hertz (assuming after hours return possibility)?
If you rent from the onsite hertz do you get free parking or something?
Old Apr 1, 2023, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
If you rent from the onsite hertz do you get free parking or something?
probably just rent daily or as needed assuming after hours return option which appears to be across the street but still ok..

i often parked at some inexpensive garages on kuhio in the past but all recent trips have been to other islands and we havent been to oahu since precovid
can get from hnl to hotel by bus which seems to still be there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.