Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Wasn't charged last weekend for the resort fee. FD didn't even mention it.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Looks like they are timing the fee with the completion of the renovations. A big thumbs down on this one and will make a difference in my booking plans at least the Sheraton included parking in their fee.

Here is a list of hotels with fees.

http://travel-hawaii.com/hawaiiresortfees.html
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Looks like they are timing the fee with the completion of the renovations. A big thumbs down on this one and will make a difference in my booking plans at least the Sheraton included parking in their fee.

Here is a list of hotels with fees.

http://travel-hawaii.com/hawaiiresortfees.html
Just called HGP CS to confirm and this is indeed the case now resort fee will be charged at 18 bucks plus tax per night I asked about getting it waived (have a 10 night stayed planned at this property in feb.) and they said up to mgnt. at that property if they want to waive it good luck with that.

Looks like I will have to look into the HHV after all GF wants to stay there anyway when we are there in Feb. Like others have said they can keep their paper and water phone calls etc. no value to me at all but I guess they have to find a way to pay for all the TOTO toilets and the Regency Club upgrade big to this
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by muscarlive
Just called HGP CS to confirm and this is indeed the case now resort fee will be charged at 18 bucks plus tax per night I asked about getting it waived (have a 10 night stayed planned at this property in feb.) and they said up to mgnt. at that property if they want to waive it good luck with that.

Looks like I will have to look into the HHV after all GF wants to stay there anyway when we are there in Feb. Like others have said they can keep their paper and water phone calls etc. no value to me at all but I guess they have to find a way to pay for all the TOTO toilets and the Regency Club upgrade big to this
I would push back if they attempt to charget a resort fee on a booking that was made before the resort fee was implemented. If it is not on your reservation...I would push back.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Wasn't charged last weekend for the resort fee. FD didn't even mention it.
Our rate plans probably didn't include it at the time. My Nov rez also doesn't include it., since it was not disclosed when I made the rez.

But I just checked, and using the same corp rate for the same dates, they are now disclosing that fee.

I would push back if they attempt to charget a resort fee on a booking that was made before the resort fee was implemented. If it is not on your reservation...I would push back.
+1

Between the GET @4.66%, the TAT @9.x% and now the $18 resort fee, it's getting pricier there.

On the other hand, you get all the toto washlet treatments you can handle

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 5, 2011 at 1:55 am
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I thought (obviously, wrongly) that a 'resort fee' is only charged at a resort and even though Hyatt Waikiki is being refurbished, it is NOT a resort............
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just looked at Hyatt.com....it is a resort! Never knew that
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
It may call itself a Resort but I have never thought that. If anything it is only a place to sleep before heading out. Spending the entire day lounging around that place would be a total mental waste.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
It may call itself a Resort but I have never thought that. If anything it is only a place to sleep before heading out. Spending the entire day lounging around that place would be a total mental waste.
I agree and been staying there for many many years and never really thought of it as a resort like the HHV and all the other hotels on the beach. Hmm maybe someone should send the new manager a dictionary !!!

However in the end the Asian visitors will still come for the Hyatt name. Just like they do at the Guam Hyatt. which by the way has one of the best RC. And the restaurant has some of the best lamb chops going ! Fresh from NZ
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond
I thought the same thing as well so I asked them if I would have to pay the fee even thoughI made my reservation months ago and they said the fee still applies I would have thought it only would have been applied to future reservations after the fee first started not retro active it
Old Oct 5, 2011, 6:16 pm

I thought the same thing as well so I asked them if I would have to pay the fee even thoughI made my reservation months ago and they said the fee still applies I would have thought it only would have been applied to future reservations after the fee first started not retro active it
There you go we all pretty much "see" the future of this property. by the by i do hear that the new HP is suppose to be pretty nice if an actual gotta see the beach is not that important
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:56 pm

Very unfortunate I think. I would probably push more but they may well just tell you to pay or cancel.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:06 pm

Very unfortunate I think. I would probably push more but they may well just tell you to pay or cancel.
For those of us who have stayed for years we all remember the limo that was available for short trips, the great upgrades and service. That was pre GS!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:23 pm

I would just do a charge back if they won't budge on this. I would try to get a email from some one at the hotel stating the date the resort fee went into effect. This will come in handy when your mailing proof to V/MC.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
That is interesting. Two charges. One being for the resort fee only or same amount. Then dispute it. I'd hate to be the portfolio manager at the large bank in charge of this investment aka Hyatt "Resort" Waikiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.