Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:30 am
Community Director Emerita

Thank you for the pictures. This was my first time to see the new lounge and the outdoor seating area. The outdoors looks very inviting with the comfortable wicker furniture and the view to the beach. I didn't see any umbrellas. Is all the seating in direct sunlight, or are there some shaded areas?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
There aren't any umbrellas. We were told they can't have them, nor put in a rolling awning.

Except for some shade in the morning, you will pretty much roast out there in the afternoon until the sun sets.

The outdoor lounge is nice... in the morning and after sunset

Oh... if the wind tunnel effect is working well, the side area of the outdoor lounge will probably be comfortable even in the sun, but still, you'd be in the sun.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Mary2e
There aren't any umbrellas. We were told they can't have them, nor put in a rolling awning.

Except for some shade in the morning, you will pretty much roast out there in the afternoon until the sun sets.

The outdoor lounge is nice... in the morning and after sunset

Oh... if the wind tunnel effect is working well, the side area of the outdoor lounge will probably be comfortable even in the sun, but still, you'd be in the sun.
Yep, that sums it up very well. The outdoor area is very pleasant for an early breakfast or evening drinks but not so much in the in between. I found it very relaxing having a drink out there after the sun went down.

As far as the area on the side. You are spot on with that one as well. Your toast may well blow away if the winds are right (from experience).
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I didn't think it was dumpy at all, I thought it was a nice renovation. All the furnishings are new, including the carpet, drapery, furniture, flat panel tv, etc and this room was a nice size.
While the decor is not flashy or modern, I believe it blends well with the island feel. I had no complaints about the room either.

And the Toto washlet is awesome.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
And the Toto washlet is awesome.
Is that the brand name for the bidet add-on heated seat? It was awesome. ^

-David
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:09 pm

Yes, it's a Toto Washlet ^^ I think I have the exact model number at home. I did look it up and from an online source, such as faucets.com, it runs about $1500, IIRC.

The issue with them is you need to get the electricity over to the bowl. Most don't have any nearby. Next remodel, I WILL GET A SEAT THAT WASHES AND DRIES
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes, it's a Toto Washlet ^^ I think I have the exact model number at home. I did look it up and from an online source, such as faucets.com, it runs about $1500, IIRC.

The issue with them is you need to get the electricity over to the bowl. Most don't have any nearby. Next remodel, I WILL GET A SEAT THAT WASHES AND DRIES
Mary: TMI!!!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
That price seems very high. You can get it for much less. The model the Hyatt has is not even high end. As for the dryer. You can probably skip that. Getting electricity over to the seat was not difficult on our old home. We had the new home wired for the seats this last time.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:24 pm

I don't recall the price exactly - I could very well be off by several hundred dollars.

True about the dryer. What I really want is the heated seat The way our house is set up it will be difficult. We don't have anything above or next to the bowl area. We're almost ready for a remodel anyway.

I WILL HAVE THAT SEAT :d
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I hope so on price. The electrician got electricity off a sink outlet or light switch. Had to fish the line. Don't forget the Korean Coco line of seats.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Thumbs down Resort Fee $18

Just noticed that there is now a resort fee. We have never had a resort fee at this property. Anyone have any experience with getting it waived for diamonds?
This is how it reads:

A Resort Fee of $18.00 plus tax per room, per night will be assessed. The fee covers the following items: two large bottles of water - replenished daily, high speed internet access, complimentary use of in-room safe, complimentary local phone calls, complimentary 1-800 calls, complimentary international calls (up to 60 minutes) per stay, local newspaper (Monday-Friday), pick up at the Front Desk, complimentary incoming faxes, Health Club access, resort cultural activities, access to beach amenities.

Seems to be you are getting charged for just about everything you received for free before except maybe the international calls which I for one do not need. Now you can go and pick up your paper and pay for it as opposed to getting it delivered for free!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by diamond_46
Just noticed that there is now a resort fee. We have never had a resort fee at this property. Anyone have any experience with getting it waived for diamonds?
This is how it reads:

A Resort Fee of $18.00 plus tax per room, per night will be assessed. The fee covers the following items: two large bottles of water - replenished daily, high speed internet access, complimentary use of in-room safe, complimentary local phone calls, complimentary 1-800 calls, complimentary international calls (up to 60 minutes) per stay, local newspaper (Monday-Friday), pick up at the Front Desk, complimentary incoming faxes, Health Club access, resort cultural activities, access to beach amenities.

Seems to be you are getting charged for just about everything you received for free before except maybe the international calls which I for one do not need. Now you can go and pick up your paper and pay for it as opposed to getting it delivered for free!

well thats just another sign of where this property is going, downhill. It's penny nickel and dime to induce more income. While it's understandable to charge some type of fee t cover the extra costs that a resort property has, in this case they have actually reduced ( pool size for one) and other amenities that they offer. HHV is sure looking better and better, especially since the Rainbow has been redone!

Aloha
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:41 pm

Hi,

I will be staying at this property from Nov 24-27.Any suggestions. Is there a way I can save on parking? Thanks so much!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 4:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by diamond_46
Wow -- that is pathetic.

This is nothing more than an across-the-board, per-night price increase.

As a Diamond member, there is absolutely nothing in that list that I don't already receive for free or that is of any value to me whatsoever.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:00 pm

Two words.

Goldman.Sachs

Did they waive the fee for diamonds?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.