Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Using Diamond upgrade certs after status expires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Hi
I didn't find the answer in my search..
I'm losing my diamond status in Feb.
Can I use the remaining upgrade certs for future stays?

Many thanks
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:19 am

Yes. You may use it for stays through December 31, 2012.

You would have to confirm the upgrades prior to their expiration.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by romeoguy
Yes. You may use it for stays through December 31, 2012.

You would have to confirm the upgrades prior to their expiration.
What happens if I need to cancel this reservation? Can I use it for future one?

Many thanks
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:07 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ehud
What happens if I need to cancel this reservation? Can I use it for future one?

Many thanks
No, the upgrade will be "lost" - and slight correction you can reserve and use the upgrade through the dates which are bookable (could be after 12/31/12).
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Does this apply to the 2 ugrade certs given to current Plat members when signing up for the credit card? Mine expire this coming October, but I'd like to use them on planned trips in 2013. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:17 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
Does this apply to the 2 ugrade certs given to current Plat members when signing up for the credit card? Mine expire this coming October, but I'd like to use them on planned trips in 2013. Thanks!
I'm not certain but I believe that they would be treated the same way.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
No, the upgrade will be "lost" - and slight correction you can reserve and use the upgrade through the dates which are bookable (could be after 12/31/12).
What happens if I book a reservation for later this year using the diamond upgrade certificate and then I have to change the dates or the number of days in the stay.

Would I be able to modify the reservation and keep the upgrade?

Would this apply even if there is a rate change?

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Originally Posted by FatB
What happens if I book a reservation for later this year using the diamond upgrade certificate and then I have to change the dates or the number of days in the stay.

Would I be able to modify the reservation and keep the upgrade?

Would this apply even if there is a rate change?

Thanks.
Yes you can modify your reservation and not lose your upgrade, as long as the suite is available for those dates.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by devastor
Yes you can modify your reservation and not lose your upgrade, as long as the suite is available for those dates.
Another question on this: if I'm losing Diamond at the end of February but apply my Hyatt Visa free nights (in a suite) to a reservation after February, will the hotel honor my Diamond benefits, such as free breakfast?

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; MB860 Build/4.5.91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think your diamond benefit will not be honored if you are not a diamond on check-in.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Originally Posted by formite
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; MB860 Build/4.5.91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think your diamond benefit will not be honored if you are not a diamond on check-in.
That is correct.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:51 pm

So what's the word on changing dates?

I have one week booked at property and need to slide the whole booking ahead 3 days (thus retaining part of the original reservation).

Posting from GP Concierge last year said we would lose it for changes... and one poster in this thread says we would not?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
So what's the word on changing dates?

I have one week booked at property and need to slide the whole booking ahead 3 days (thus retaining part of the original reservation).

Posting from GP Concierge last year said we would lose it for changes... and one poster in this thread says we would not?
Would love to hear from others on this too. Three weeks ago I was able to change dates on an existing res with last year's upgrade cert on it, and I got the upgrade for that stay. Today I tried to do the same on another res and was told I couldn't. The rep said she'd only been on the GP line a few months and seemed a little clueless about the upgrades in general; she asked her manager if she could make the date change and was told no. This was after she confirmed the suite was available on the new date.

Anyone know the official policy here?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by devik
Would love to hear from others on this too. Three weeks ago I was able to change dates on an existing res with last year's upgrade cert on it, and I got the upgrade for that stay. Today I tried to do the same on another res and was told I couldn't. The rep said she'd only been on the GP line a few months and seemed a little clueless about the upgrades in general; she asked her manager if she could make the date change and was told no. This was after she confirmed the suite was available on the new date.

Anyone know the official policy here?
The official answer is no (unless the new dates are a subset of the old dates) after the upgrade cert expires. However, some hotels seem to approve it, so you can either call back or try calling the hotel yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.