Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City, NC - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City, NC - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by pWei
Can you comment on that HP? Concerning rash of recent reviews surrounding cleanliness/smoking, break-ins.
IMO, Lake Pointe is the best of the 3 CLT Airport locations. I've stayed there 3-4 times the last six weeks with no issues. May have lingering smell of smoke in elevator at most. We did have issues with smoke (weed) at Tyvola and the HH CLT Airport (avoid this place).

HP Lake Point >> HP Tyvola >>>>>> HH CLT Airport
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by pWei
Street facing rooms can also have a good amount of street noise, with the bus line right there, and bus terminal a stone's throw away. Really odd how it's valet only, considering the elevator stops at the low floors (parking decks), and front desk staff self park there. Had no issues with valet wait, but that's with strategizing around a game that happened to be on at the adjacent event space.
We were high up enough to not hear anything (15th floor). Currently on 7th floor at HP Downtown and have much more street noise.

Regarding valet, I figured gameday may impact valet in the evenings, but this was at 9am and 1pm.

As I mentioned am at the HP a block away tonight - will see how valet here goes. Also no self-park option. Honestly, the HH is the nicer property by a long shot.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Going downhill

This has been my go-to Hyatt in Charlotte for location and earning for years, but I’m now shopping for an alternative. The rooms have gone significantly downhill in cleanliness and maintenance - I’ll wait for a reno, if it ever comes.

Currently on a 4 night stay in a studio suite and the carpet is torn up at the bathroom threshold, so I have to lay a towel down so not to scratch my feet walking by.

The shower is from one of those TV commercial renovations but with mold in the joints between the floor and wall surface. There are wall patches in several spots where they have patched a hole but mis-matched the paint color. Shower head poor.

The bed comfort is fine, but the couch and kitchen table dba the desk awkward. The couch, which I assume is a pull-out, is not comfortable at all.

The kitchen is fine, as it is probably lightly used.

The lobby area decor is mishmash styles and also getting very worn. It is sad to see a hotel in such decline. The people have been friendly and helpful over the years. Hyatt can do better in downtown Charlotte - they’re getting lapped in this market.

*** MODS - This property is Hyatt House Charlotte - Center City ***

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.