Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thing you shouldn't be doing at the Club lounge...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle

1. Skype! Or any kind of video conferencing using your notebook or iPad. The lounge is a public area for everyone to enjoy. There has to be some better places (e.g. your room or a meeting room) to do video conferencing than at the lounge. Do you know everyone can hear your conversations, even though no one wants to hear your conversations?

2 Watching a movie or playing games with the speaker on! It's just as annoying as the case mentioned above.

3. Picking food with fingers! There is a reason why there are serving utensils and plates for you to use. You might not mind your own fingers, but other people do.

Review on Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Review on Indigo Xiamen Harbour

Last edited by kuponuts; Jul 3, 2012 at 11:21 am
Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by kuponuts
1. Skype! Or any kind of video conferencing using your notebook or iPad. The lounge is a public area for everyone to enjoy. There has to be some better places (e.g. your room or a meeting room) to do video conferencing than at the lounge. Do you know everyone can hear your conversations, even though no one wants to hear your conversations?

2 Watching a movie or playing games with the speaker on! It's just as annoying as the case mentioned above.

3. Picking food with fingers! There is a reason why there are serving utensils and plates for you to use. You might not mind your own fingers, but other people do.

^^^ many people to day seem to be selfish, rude, and disrespectful. Entitlement society is taking over...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
may I please add...arriving in pajama's, unless you are so young they have feet in them.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Having your cell phone set on the highest volume possible
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: status-less.
+10.

Regency clubs should be a quiet oasis where one is virtually guaranteed no cell phone use whatsoever, no computer use except on those provided by the Club, casual but not bedroom attire, etc.

Although I will say many people have come over to chat with us leading to highly enjoyable evenings when we bring in our own board game, hide in the far corner or outside patio and start quietly playing. We don't break out the game unless it's at an odd time when we have the Club basically to oursevles and no, never any dice.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
How about leaving a big mess on the table and on the floor? Plus the huge amount of wasted food/beverage. Maybe it's just me...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: Too many to list
1) Clipping your toenails.

2) Flossing.

And, yes, I've actually seen both happen (though one of them was at a marriott lounge--it still applies).
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:22 pm

Doing anything on you way back to your room from the gym.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
OMG are you serious, that is disgusting. Unfortunately some guest think the club is an extension of their room.

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
1) Clipping your toenails.

2) Flossing.

And, yes, I've actually seen both happen (though one of them was at a marriott lounge--it still applies).
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:58 pm

walking around barefoot
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jtaft
+10.

Regency clubs should be a quiet oasis where one is virtually guaranteed no cell phone use whatsoever, no computer use except on those provided by the Club, casual but not bedroom attire, etc.

Although I will say many people have come over to chat with us leading to highly enjoyable evenings when we bring in our own board game, hide in the far corner or outside patio and start quietly playing. We don't break out the game unless it's at an odd time when we have the Club basically to oursevles and no, never any dice.
What does this mean? Is your game totally silent? Does "basically to ourselves" mean there's only a few other people there? Do you stop playing if more people, or anyone, comes in?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by kuponuts
I saw someone pick their nose and then immediately touch the bagels. It took a second to even comprehend what was going on!!!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Good points. I think that kids under about 13 shouldn't be allowed to serve food themselves. I've seen it many times - they will reliably touch the food with hands, and not just the ones they take. They apparently use the sense of touch to grade the candidate foods.

I don't know whether this should be a lounge policy, or just common sense parenting.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jtaft
no computer use except on those provided by the Club
If the volume is off, then what is your issue with someone bringing a laptop into the club lounge?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
1 Hawking and then spitting phlegm into a( presumably empty) coffee cup..that one made me move to the other end of the lounge
2 a guy straight from the gym, dripping sweat, standing at the buffet picking strawberries from a bowl with his wet fingers....he was walked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.