Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Capital Gate Abu Dhabi - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Capital Gate Abu Dhabi - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:11 pm

I just hope the F&B has been overhauled - never thought much of the food.

Might do a stay to see what has changed and what has not. I can't imagine that rooms have been touched, but I did see work going on in the lobby and ground floor.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:54 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stargold
I just hope the F&B has been overhauled - never thought much of the food.

Might do a stay to see what has changed and what has not. I can't imagine that rooms have been touched, but I did see work going on in the lobby and ground floor.
Agreed. My Eggs Benedict was so awful I literally spat it out and decided to eat in the EY F Lounge instead.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:44 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So, how is it these days as an Andaz. I see it's $100, so I'm enticed by the price.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:31 pm

I published some pictures I got from the staff a couple weeks ago.

No renovations or anything, just a brand change. Basically the same hotel, but much more colorful as Andaz usually are.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Andaz Capital Gate — an unexpected favorite

Andaz Capital Gate — Abu Dhabi

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Capital Gate - Al Khaleej Al Arabi St Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Andaz Capital Gate — an unexpected favorite (8 Photos)

Check In

This hotel has one of the most service-oriented and buttery-smooth check-in process ever. As soon as I arrive, luggages are on their way up without me having to worry about it. The bell boy made sure to explain as much as he could about the hotel while waiting for the elevator, and when it arrived he made sure to take a different elevator in with the luggage card to avoid crowding.

As soon as I get up to the lobby, I'm shown to a comfortable seat, offered coffee, and asked for my name. As soon as I responded with my name, the agent said "Great, welcome Mr. Helvetic, thank you for being a Globalist." She had obviously memorized the list of all Globalists checkin in today, because she did not look it up anywhere as soon as I told her the name (nor did I tell the bell boy). Wow!

During checkin, the manager on duty came to introduce himself personally and spent a good 10min getting to know me and why I was around, and coming up with suggestions for my stay since I arrived without a plan and looking to see a few sights on a quick overnight.

The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous — very nicely designed and entirely fitting of the Andaz style. You couldn't tell it's just a recent rebrand from a simple Hyatt.

IMG_1574.jpg

18th floor lobby

IMG_1575.jpg

Ground floor entrance and art gallery. 

Room

I was upgraded to a Executive Suite — a premium suite beyond the usual Capital Suite standard upgrade. Again, wow… what a suite. It's a wonderfully designed 100sqmt / 1,000 sqft suite, with floor-to-cieling windows on the overhanging part of the building, a view towards Abu Dhabi, a massive bathroom with a huge soaking tub and even more ridiculously large rainfall shower.

I was gifted a full bottle of red wine beyond the usual fruit plate (which I rarely touch).

IMG_1669.jpgIMG_1668.jpgIMG_1667.jpgIMG_1665.jpg

Executive suite — the pictures don't do it justice.

Dining

I ate at the lobby lounge during the off-time in the afternoon. The selection was limited, but the greek salad I ordered was absolutely wonderful.

I also had a few drinks at the hotel bar, which were fine, though nothing out of the ordinary.

IMG_1670.jpg

Hotel bar & restaurant.

The hotel is right near Abu Dhabi's #1 attraction — the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque. Otherwise, it's halfway between downtown and the airport. Easy enough to get around from anywhere, and about 75min away from Dubai.

Overall

Overall, the level of service here is standout and added to stellar hardware and good f&b, this is a new favorite and one of the best value for money in the world. At a rate of under $100, I'm getting a 5-star experience usually you'd expect at a much higher price.

The bottle of wine + all guest happy hour from 5-7pm + breakfast would be worth much more than the room rate — nevermind how nice it is as a hotel.

IMG_1663.jpg

Atrium of the hotel — one of the coolest building I've stayed in, which is entirely titled.

Andaz Capital Gate — an unexpected favorite

Would you like to write a review on the Andaz Capital Gate — Abu Dhabi ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:38 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Nice TR. I think you'll find the bellmen radioed reception to tell them you were checking in
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Nice TR. I think you'll find the bellmen radioed reception to tell them you were checking in
I thought about that, but I didn't tell the bellman my name. They had no way to know who I was either. Unless they went digging through my luggage tags while I wasn't looking to find out.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Is there a club lounge here? I have the Club upgrade certificates I'd like to use somewhere, wondering if I can use one here. I'm Explorist so wouldn't be guaranteed free breakfast otherwise.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I believe not. I'm not aware of any Andaz with a club lounge (unless you count the ones that serve water, coffee, soft drinks throughout the day for all guests).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:22 am

There is no Club lounge. Amazing hotel though and very affordable.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Check In This hotel has one of the most service-oriented and buttery-smooth check-in process ever. As soon as I arrive, luggages are on their way up without me having to worry about it. The bell boy made sure to explain as much as he could about the hotel while waiting for the elevator, and when it arrived he made sure to take a different elevator in with the luggage card to avoid crowding. As soon as I get up to the lobby, I'm shown to a comfortable seat, offered coffee, and asked for my name. As soon as I responded with my name, the agent said "Great, welcome Mr. Helvetic, thank you for being a Globalist." She had obviously memorized the list of all Globalists checkin in today, because she did not look it up anywhere as soon as I told her the name (nor did I tell the bell boy). Wow! During checkin, the manager on duty came to introduce himself personally and spent a good 10min getting to know me and why I was around, and coming up with suggestions for my stay since I arrived without a plan and looking to see a few sights on a quick overnight. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous €” very nicely designed and entirely fitting of the Andaz style. You couldn't tell it's just a recent rebrand from a simple Hyatt.18th floor lobbyGround floor entrance and art gallery. Room I was upgraded to a Executive Suite €” a premium suite beyond the usual Capital Suite standard upgrade. Again, wow €¦ what a suite. It's a wonderfully designed 100sqmt / 1,000 sqft suite, with floor-to-cieling windows on the overhanging part of the building, a view towards Abu Dhabi, a massive bathroom with a huge soaking tub and even more ridiculously large rainfall shower.I was gifted a full bottle of red wine beyond the usual fruit plate (which I rarely touch).Executive suite €” the pictures don't do it justice. Dining I ate at the lobby lounge during the off-time in the afternoon. The selection was limited, but the greek salad I ordered was absolutely wonderful. I also had a few drinks at the hotel bar, which were fine, though nothing out of the ordinary.Hotel bar & restaurant. Location The hotel is right near Abu Dhabi's #1 attraction €” the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque. Otherwise, it's halfway between downtown and the airport. Easy enough to get around from anywhere, and about 75min away from Dubai. Overall Overall, the level of service here is standout and added to stellar hardware and good f&b, this is a new favorite and one of the best value for money in the world. At a rate of under $100, I'm getting a 5-star experience usually you'd expect at a much higher price. The bottle of wine + all guest happy hour from 5-7pm + breakfast would be worth much more than the room rate €” nevermind how nice it is as a hotel. Atrium of the hotel €” one of the coolest building I've stayed in, which is entirely titled.
Thanks. What is the all guests happy hour like? Drinks for all? Canapes?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by clublevel15
Thanks. What is the all guests happy hour like? Drinks for all? Canapes?
Ended up being outdoors at this time and didn't try it out. But I believe it's free flowing wine.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Does anyone know whether this hotel typically charges a mandatory fee for guests for a New Year's Eve dinner? Would like to try and find a hotel that doesn't have a mandatory NYE charge in the UAE that isn't a Hyatt Place, and while the other non-HP hotels quote mandatory charges in the reservation process, this hotel does not.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:59 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
This hotel is the cheapest Andaz outside of Asia in terms of $$. That said, the F&B and GM at this hotel are fantastic with upgrades. Only downside is the small pool and far location.

Took advantage of this hotel during the 2X Elite nights at Andaz properties in Q42021
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Gertjaars Can you share more about your stay? I’ve got a stay here planned for the end of the month and I’m curious how the hotel is since it’s been a while since we had a review.

Based on some email communications I had with the hotel last year, they told me that they have stopped the all-guest wine hour. This was an Andaz feature when the brand launched, but it seems that property by property, Hyatt is eliminating this feature.

khabah
Gertjaars likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.