Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Now Launching...Earn and Redeem Points at Restaurants and Spas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Launching...Earn and Redeem Points at Restaurants and Spas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:33 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Great. I often hold events in Private Dining Rooms of Hyatt property restauranrts when not a guest, and it's about time Hyatt caught up to SPG in awarding points for this!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
The ability to earn points while dining at a Hyatt but not staying there is definitely an enhancement to the program. ^ SPG has had this for a while and it's great.

There are many Hyatts out there with very good restaurants.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
The ability to earn points while dining at a Hyatt but not staying there is definitely an enhancement to the program. ^ SPG has had this for a while and it's great.

There are many Hyatts out there with very good restaurants.
Yes, agreed. Hopefully Urbane at Olive 8 Seattle will be participating. I will inquire this weekend while I am there.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Exactly what they at the corporate think that these points are - a ponzi scheme?

hyatt.com/gp/en/offers/ponzi-promo.jsp
I saw that too. Holy cow, talk about Freudian slip
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Actually this is great, if all Hyatt restaurants participate. If the redemption rate sucks, then don't redeem this way. Use the points for better valued redemptions.

Last edited by jarusoba; Dec 17, 2011 at 9:18 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most

Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by holtju2

Maybe not the best use of GP points?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Agreed

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I went to the updated link, and the redemption rate is .005 per point.

Sorry, but this is no benefit, and probably one of the worst redemption values I've seen anywhere.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Man, you'd think this is April 1 or something with a name like this!

What are you folks smoking??

First, you provide an URL that does not work and you make no attempt to remove it and then you provide a working link with the term PONZI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, I have read that Zidell has been mum on re-establishing the Faster Free Nights Promotion.

May I seriously ask, what in the heck has happend to Gold Passport?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder

For non-guests, will the Hyatt points earned from dining and health club/spa charges when not staying at the hotel count toward lifetime Diamond status base points?

The Q&A shows them coming in as base points.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The iinfo about the earning of base points from this is appreciated.

The burning side of this seems to be for the gullible, those desperately or otherwise jumping ship, and/or (perhaps) those far more experimentally creative than I.

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Man, you'd think this is April 1 or something with a name like this!

What are you folks smoking??

First, you provide an URL that does not work and you make no attempt to remove it and then you provide a working link with the term PONZI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, I have read that Zidell has been mum on re-establishing the Faster Free Nights Promotion.

May I seriously ask, what in the heck has happend old Passport?
I like the quasi-double entendre with the "old Passport reference.

I too was rather shocked when the Ponzi link ended up being an actual official link.

Let's just say that when Jeff Zidell newly references Jeff Robertson of Delta SkyMiles infamy as a positive figure in the industry, the alarm bells ought to start ringing. If positive comments end up extending to Jeff Dikskin of Hilton HHonors infamy, that ought to raise further alarm. That said, it almost seems like someone is toying back with someone.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 17, 2011 at 2:43 am
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Q:

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
what in the heck has happend to Gold Passport?
A:

The Chase Hyatt Rewards Card
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That said, it almost seems like someone is toying back with someone.
Or sabotage. Seriously, it's not a worthy pastime, but people would be amazed at what goes into some URLs - especially the mile long ones - by those who sign them up - as they toil away unseen. I wonder if the one who signed this one up still works at Hyatt as of Thursday close of business.

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 17, 2011 at 8:50 pm Reason: toil, not toll [roll eyes]
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:56 am

I am happy that we can now earn points at restaurants. This IS an enhancement which I am happy about.

I agree however that the redemption values are extremely poor. While this method of redemption need not be as good as the standard award night redemption option, even for this dining option 2,000 points should equal at least $20-30 (considering I value 1,000 points to be $15-20).
Old Dec 17, 2011, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I saw that too. Holy cow, talk about Freudian slip

ARE THE HYATT MANAGEMENT HAVING A GOOD LAUGH AT US ? ...and our loyalty ? Wow this is revealing....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.