Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas Saadiyat Island REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I didn't see a suite at Capital Gate, but PH is definitely worth using a DSU.
Same at Capital Gate, do use a DSU.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
I am by no means a tech guy, but today my wife and I ran into an issue using facetime to call back home in the States. It didn't work on either of our phones, iPads, or laptops. Everything else about the internet was very fast. It almost seemed as the hotel internet was blocking video chatting. After a quick google it search seems like that is something some businesses do. I called the front desk and they sent up someone up who was no help. I'm wondering if this property is blocking video chatting. Anyone else have this issue?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:51 pm

The entire country of UAE blocks Facetime and other VoIP/Video chat services.

It's not just the hotel - I was caught by surprise when I first moved here as well. The only method to use it whilst in the UAE is by using a VPN.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:49 pm

I wasn't able to use Skype for VoIP at both Park Hyatt Dubai and Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi. This is the reason: http://gulfbusiness.com/2014/09/voip.../#.Vb0wUnjCBd0

Interestingly though, no issues at Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach. Almost every service there worked flawlessly, including VoIP and FaceTime etc. They seem to use a VPN for their entire network.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:53 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stargold
The entire country of UAE blocks Facetime and other VoIP/Video chat services.

It's not just the hotel - I was caught by surprise when I first moved here as well. The only method to use it whilst in the UAE is by using a VPN.
Stargold is correct. It's quite a shock when you rely on Skype for international calls during travel and you can't use it.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by huegli
We'll be there from Dec 22 - Jan 1 with a 5-year-old girl.... Maybe they'll like each other...
Will also be here after Christmas with our almost 5 year old daughter.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Ahh well that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification everyone!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:41 am

Hi...I have an upcoming stay here. Just curious whether the minibars are free in a suite (dsu). As I learned this would be the case in the PH Dubai. Any further hints re Diamond ammenities?
Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Any experiences here staying with a family of 4 (two kids of 6 and 8) in one room?

Do they allow our youngest child to sleep in our bed and to place a rollaway in the room (or a suite if I use a DSU). From their website it says max. 3 persons in a room. But I have stayed in other Hyatt properties where it never was a problem for us to stay with 4 in a room.

I prefer not to book two rooms..
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Writing to the hotel would be my advice. I am here now and upgraded to a nice room in one of the beach villas. It has a divan/sofa that sleeps a kid, and enough space for another rollaway. It's not a suite. I've had a suite here which was massive. So it's not a space issue most likely.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:33 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Officially they are now very strict about the 3 max. rule, so you better write to them. One or two travel agencies still offer it for 2+2.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 4:24 am

It works.

just booked our stay for december.

At first hand they were very strict about the 3 person rule, but as our kids are 3 and 1 (one sleeping with us in the bed - one in a crib or rollaway) they finally agreed to it.

We have booked a suite but should work in a normal room as well.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
How is this property during Ramadan for someone who is not participating in Ramadan?

Is the club lounge open? Is food / alcohol served during the day either in rooms or in the lounge? Is the pool / beach open?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:32 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duke787
How is this property during Ramadan for someone who is not participating in Ramadan?

Is the club lounge open? Is food / alcohol served during the day either in rooms or in the lounge? Is the pool / beach open?
There is no club lounge....
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
There is no club lounge....
Okay cool didn't realize that there was no club lounge.

What about the other aspects of being there during Ramadan as someone who isn't participating?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.