Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas Saadiyat Island REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas Saadiyat Island REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
since when was PH target market "the average Joe"?
Originally Posted by Richey66
Since they made it so easy to rack up free nights through credit cards

Or, when you are as lucky as I was, and win two free nights!

And, as a diamond, use a suite night for the first revenue night, and they courteously extended it to the two free nights...... and then, when arriving at the hotel, they mega-quadruplicity-upgrade you again to a Beach villa.....

Certainly, I could never afford the PH if I were to pay out of pocket for the villa we had. I have no idea how much it would have cost, but I am guessing several hundred US$ a night.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Certainly, I could never afford the PH if I were to pay out of pocket for the villa we had. I have no idea how much it would have cost, but I am guessing several hundred US$ a night.
Several hundred $ needs a 0 on the end - try $4000++
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gld, Marriott Gld
Originally Posted by skunker
Wonderful property! Only stayed one night on layover to the Maldives. Used a free suite cert and was given a massive suite at the end of the fourth floor, 428. And the walk out deck (not a balcony) was about the same size and overlooked the pool and beach.

The staff was great and knew my name before check-in. I received an email a couple days before arriving asking for my flight info and they were waiting to greet me.

Diamond amenity was a box of chocolates and fruit. There was also several bowls of assorted nuts by the mini bar. I never found a price sheet for the minibar and almost assumed it was free but was asked at checkout if we took anything. I guess if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

Breakfast was in The Cafe and was a huge buffet. We appeared to be the first people in the morning, 6:30am, but everything was out and ready.

It was a shame we didn't get to spend more time as the property and beach were amazing. If I'm ever in the area I would make a point to stay there again.

If you head into town be sure you know your way back. We had to head to the Abu Dhabi mall to replace some items from delayed baggage and the taxi drivers did not know how to get back. One said he had nEver heard of it and the other said he had been once and we got lost. We did get a nice tour of the golf club though.

Just received this room (428) on a My Elite Rate upgraded with a DSU. Absolutely stunning, the nicest room I have ever stayed in.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Jrap33
Just received this room (428) on a My Elite Rate upgraded with a DSU. Absolutely stunning, the nicest room I have ever stayed in.
Did you flood the bathroom while taking a shower? We did.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gld, Marriott Gld
Originally Posted by skunker
Did you flood the bathroom while taking a shower? We did.
Yes, in fact that was a minor issue. Made the large bath an even more compelling option.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Recent reviews?

Getting in 10:30 pm, and leaving the next morning at 10:30 a.m.

Considering this, the St. Regis, or the Westin.

Proximity to airport is key, but from what I understand, any hotel is going to be under 30 minutes away...
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why pick one so far from the airport? You won't be using any of the facilities so you might as well stay near the airport and save an hour in travel time.... Yas Island is a few minutes away, and there is an airport hotel.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: A few
Agree with RTW1 it is not worth coming here for such a short stay use one of the cheapo properties at Yas Island
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
15.5 hour layover in AUH, is it worth staying here?

Greetings all. I am traveling to South Asia in December on EY, and deliberately book a 15.5 hr layover to see Abu Dhabi. Flights lands at 8:25 pm, departing flight leaves 4 pm next day.

I have those Hyatt credit card free night certificates that are expiring in March, so I am tempted to use one of those here. Do you recommend staying here? I am thinking we would use the beach in the morning, then go around the city and also see the Grand Mosque. Will I have enough time to do this? How long does it take to get to hotel after flight lands? How early should one check in the next afternoon at AUH if we want to use the business class lounge and Six Senses spa?

Also does anyone know if EY will hold our checked luggage during the layover? I am thinking we can just keep our clothes toiletries etc for the overnight stay in our carry-on luggage, and not have to lug our checked bags to the hotel.

Prior to AUH, we are spending three nights in IST. Am I better off using the free night certs at the Park hyatt or Grand hyatt there, amnd finding some other place to stay in AUH. If so, where would you recommend. I have points/certs in Chase UR (good for Hyatt, Marriott, IHG), Hilton, and SPG.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by zorrobandit
Prior to AUH, we are spending three nights in IST. Am I better off using the free night certs at the Park hyatt or Grand hyatt there, and finding some other place to stay in AUH.
I would use in Istanbul. Hotel rates in UAE are pretty low - a random date in December I checked has multiple 5* offerings at around the €100 mark.
I would also not bother spending too long at the J lounge - it's nothing particularly special and a free 15 min spa treatment is nice, but not worth allowing extra time for.

Arrival at AUH was pretty quick last week with short immigration queues (this was around 6 am though). Stay somewhere central and then either get a taxi around town or hire a chauffeur for a few hours (much easier obviously but more costly - 3 hours for 450 AED). Allow a good hour, probably more for the mosque and go when there's a tour on. Drive along the Corniche (maybe stop for a stroll as December weather should be pleasant) and visit the city centre, maybe the marina...
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:48 am
Community Director Emerita

We had a lovely two night stay. I upgraded to a suite on a paid rate using my diamond upgrade cert. The hotel upgraded us further to a spectacular suite on the 6th floor with a dead on view of the beach and sea.

The diamond amenity is a choice of hummus and vegetables or 1K points. There was a box of chocolates, a fruit bowl, a glass of wine, and three bowls of nuts/crackers in the room. An earlier post asked about whether the suite minibar is free. It is not.

For diamonds, the buffet is free and you can order egg dishes from the chefs at that station. We were told we would be charged if we ordered from the menu. No masala dosa for us.

The hotel is very busy as weekend nights are Thursday and Friday. Friends who live in Abu Dhabi have stayed here as they love the beach. The hotel offers local rates during the peak of the summer heat thru mid Sept.

Our friends turned us on to the restaurants in The Collection at St Regis. It was a 6-7 dirhan ($2-3) taxi ride to the St Regis. There were taxis waiting out front and even more at the St Regis so it was an easy ride back and forth. We loved Avasa, traditional and contemporary Indian cuisine, so much we went twice.

Park Hyatt came thru again with a elegant, contemporary, comfortable property.

My local friends gave me 3 coupons each for the two (non beach) restaurants in the hotel. They are from a local Entertainment book. They offer buy one get one mains at each restaurant. They expire at the end of Dec. We also have one buy one get one coupon for Ferrari World. Should you be staying this quarter, send me a note with your address and I am happy to mail the coupons to you.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Looking to spend two nights here in February. No status, going for the 20k room redemption rates for Superior Rooms, that are going for USD 425 a night. Decent value for points, I suppose. How are the Superior Rooms? Do all of them have a balcony?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
At the property now until Sunday and gotta say I am pleasantly surprised, Diamond Suite upgrade to Diplomatic Suite definitely helped.
Few strange things such as light leaking into the bedroom from living room, which is sparse in curtains, and housekeeping forgetting things, but service is friendly and under new GM staff really seems to try to help you anywhere.
Fyi, former GM SDeeson wrote really tense and defensive answers to negative comments in Tripadvisor.
All-in-all I really like the understated modern decor and breakfast was reasonably good, omlette was one of the best I have tried in any high-end hotels.
Beach is wonderfully soft and taxi to city is only 6-8 EUR.

I think I will be coming back when Saadiyat Island is transformed from construction lot to branches of Louvre, Guggenheim etc.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:22 am
Community Director Emerita

Who is the new GM? Mr. Deeson was extremely gracious to me during my stay. He has a rich Hyatt history at Park Hyatt Dubai, Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, and Hyatt Regency Xian.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Who is the new GM? Mr. Deeson was extremely gracious to me during my stay. He has a rich Hyatt history at Park Hyatt Dubai, Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, and Hyatt Regency Xian.
I think the new GM is Federico Mantoani.

Stuart Deeson will be GM at GH Abu Dhabi when it opens (hopefully later this year). Agree that he is extremely gracious and was very generous with the FT group when we visited last year. Really looking forward to seeing the Grand when it opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.