Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas Saadiyat Island REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas Saadiyat Island REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:28 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I would choose the Terrace Suite (which is a standard suite AFAIR) over the Prince Suite, which we had once.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by peter42
I would choose the Terrace Suite (which is a standard suite AFAIR) over the Prince Suite, which we had once.
Prince Suite is really good if you're planning to host some kind of party or gathering (as I needed to last time), but for a normal stay of just two people, I would agree with the above.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:10 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Had the prince suite again and definately like the terrace suite more, would like to try a villa,
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just finished up a stay - booked an entry level room on points for two nights for a staycation and was upgraded at check in to their presidential suite, wow wow.

UAE park Hyatt’s have always treated me well (got a royal suite upgrade in Dubai in 2016). It’s moments like these that reinforce my view that Hyatt Globalist is the best tier and program across all hotel chains if their footprint works for you
luvFclass likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hello,
Haven’t staid there since 2017. Heard that kids club had been upgraded since then and that their now was a lounge/club (like at the Rotana or Rixos next door)?
Can anybody confirm?
Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2020, 4:39 am
Suspended

I am trying to plan a trip to the UAE this fall. Has anyone stayed here recently? It looks like services/food is limited. But I hear Abu Dhabi is opening up. Does anyone know of planned changes? Thank you for any tips!
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
I am trying to plan a trip to the UAE this fall. Has anyone stayed here recently? It looks like services/food is limited. But I hear Abu Dhabi is opening up. Does anyone know of planned changes? Thank you for any tips!
it’s hard to say whether it’ll be open or not. There is still no tourism allowed and all incoming people into the Emirate require testing. They are doing a good job and this may be reluctant to open up anytime soon. I would personally look to vacation elsewhere
Old Sep 5, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hello,
Quick question (not very important): do you know if you get points on alcoholic beverages at this hotel?
Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Just finished a three-night stay here. Know that this is past the initial request time, but in case anyone's planning a trip in the next couple of months, here's how things were at the end of December:

- The hotel literally has security at the front door checking for a green Al-Hosn PCR. I suspect foreigners would be able to get in if you can't get Al-Hosn to work, but they're far stricter about access in Abu Dhabi than they were in Dubai.
- Hotel is offering PCR tests at 10AM everyday. The website says that they offer complimentary PCR tests during your stay, but the only complimentary test they offer is one for your sixth day in the UAE, which you need for Al-Hosn anyway. PCR tests are otherwise 80 AED. I found this to be a little underwhelming - when I took my first test, they sent me someone else's results and tried to charge me the 80 AED when I had been told it would be free. Second test, the doctor showed up a half hour late. Both times, the PCR test consisted of a single swipe in my nose - felt more perfunctory than anything else.
- Gym is open 8A-10P. Weirdly, they have limits on how many people can use the gym, and there's a sign saying that you'll undergo thermal scanning before being able to use the gym, but not only does that scanning not exist, but there's no mask requirement inside the gym.
- Pool/beach are both open. Beach service is 12P-5P. Both The Cafe (poolside restaurant with outdoor seating) and the Mediterranean restaurant between the pool and bar are both open. Poolside food/drink service is available.
- Globalist breakfast is the buffet and a hot item from a small list (shakshuka, avo toast, eggs benedict, etc). Breakfast was the same every day. The buffet is manned and you're served by the staff.

Last edited by steveholt; Jan 12, 2022 at 6:32 am
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Thank you! This is very timely, as I have a visit lined up for mid-February, and will be my first time there. I have booked a regular room, though getting a sea view king via hyatt prive. Cash rates a tad pricey for those dates I believe.

Not sure if you (anyone else) happens to know the neighbouring Jumeirah Saadiyat island? Just asking as, for the same amount (for 4 nights) I could get an 88m2 suit at the Jumeirah (with breakfast as well) so I am wondering what to go for, to be honest. It will be my first time in Abu Dhabi for what is worth, and I am looking at some relaxing days by the beach -- I am not the super picky type, but I could for sure use the extra room space.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV
Thank you! This is very timely, as I have a visit lined up for mid-February, and will be my first time there. I have booked a regular room, though getting a sea view king via hyatt prive. Cash rates a tad pricey for those dates I believe.

Not sure if you (anyone else) happens to know the neighbouring Jumeirah Saadiyat island? Just asking as, for the same amount (for 4 nights) I could get an 88m2 suit at the Jumeirah (with breakfast as well) so I am wondering what to go for, to be honest. It will be my first time in Abu Dhabi for what is worth, and I am looking at some relaxing days by the beach -- I am not the super picky type, but I could for sure use the extra room space.
Ive stayed at both in suites, the Jumeirah is much better - better hard product and F&B offerings. We go to Mare Mare at JSI a lot as locals.

The beach is much closer and more accessible at JSI. Spa is the only thing better at Park Hyatt (the best among the JSI and StR Saadiyat).

Location wise, they’re both in their own corner nook although a slight nod to Park Hyatt if you want to walk to the other hotels to try their food offerings (although none are nothing to write home about). Hope that’s helpful
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JFSV

I would just choose Jumeirah for the space and beach.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:03 am

If you're planning to pay the Prive rate, then I would actually book the Standard Rate (same as Prive) and use 6000 points per night to upgrade to a Park Terrace Suite, instead of booking through Prive. Really nice suites, even better than the Prince Suite unless you're hosting guests in suite.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Thank you, this is very helpful input
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:07 pm

Pool Villa vs Terrace Suite

I booked a Terrace Suite for next month for my wife, daughter and I. Got an email today ordering a free Pool Villa upgrade. Any reason not to take it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.