Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Ambassador
terrible GP coordinator at this hotel

i've emailed them, spoke to the front desk, and still, almost 3 weeks later my stay and points have not posted for this hotel. clearly, no one there knows what they are doing. i understand that it's a new hotel, but with employees from the hyatt regency waikiki transferring to help at the hyatt place, you would think that inputting GP points is a fairly easy task.

hyatt t&c's say it takes at least 2 weeks to post...what happens if it takes longer? anyone have experience with this?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
5) Location: Regency. The Regency does have a slightly better location as its location on the block is closer to the beach, whereas the place is at the other end of its block. For me personally I had no problem and the walk between the two is quite easy (Mattress Run, anyone?). There is less fine dining and such at the Hyatt Place location, but it's still not a problem. The Place front desk does have nice beach towels available for guests.
Though isn't the Place a bit closer to the bar...
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by wudaokouan
i've emailed them, spoke to the front desk, and still, almost 3 weeks later my stay and points have not posted for this hotel. clearly, no one there knows what they are doing. i understand that it's a new hotel, but with employees from the hyatt regency waikiki transferring to help at the hyatt place, you would think that inputting GP points is a fairly easy task.

hyatt t&c's say it takes at least 2 weeks to post...what happens if it takes longer? anyone have experience with this?
My recommendation is to keep your paper folio and fax it on Day 14 after checkout until they get their act together.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:57 am

earlier today I called the hotel and spoke to the Asst. General Manager "E" since the GP Coordinator was not there. I explained the problem and told him that other guests have had problems with their stays posting (thanks, FT!) and he said he hadn't been aware of the problem. he mentioned the problem may be that they are a new hotel, but he said would look into it and get back to me.

...sure enough, a few hours later the stay posted with the bonus for amenity points not posting with the stay credit. three weeks of persistence pays off.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:42 pm

three weeks of persistence pays off.
Or it could have been one email or PM to Gold Passport to take care of all that for you.

-David
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Or it could have been one email or PM to Gold Passport to take care of all that for you.

-David
+1
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:41 pm

-David
Actually no.
I did as you suggested with my stay and GP could not find the stay even after contacting the hotel. I personally had to call the accounting office at the hotel and have them fax me a folio (the accountant would not send it to GP).

There is clearly a problem at this hotel and at least now the manager knows about it. Until it is rectified I suggest everyone keep paper copies of your folios and be prepared to send to GP on Day 14.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:56 pm

-David
that didn't work. GP told me to contact the hotel.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:38 pm

that didn't work. GP told me to contact the hotel.
wow, that's amazing. I can understand them asking for a copy of the folio, but other than that they should have handled it for you. I would have emailed Jeff Z if I got that response. They are supposed to take care of that stuff for us, and not just push it back to us.

Thanks for the update.

-David
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:20 am

a little off-topic, but GP isn't that helpful. for example, i called last night to book an award reservation, then inquired about points for a lounge closure back in early October at the Grand Hyatt NYC (was promised 1,000 points by the hotel staff), but was told by the GP rep to call the hotel directly (which I did back in October- I posted on the Grand Hyatt NYC page right after my dealings with the hotel and was promised on two occasions, even speaking to the night duty manager on one occasion). I thought that with the record of my reservation GP could help me out, but it was wishful thinking. GP told me to call the hotel directly, ask for in-house reservations and that they could remedy the problem.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:37 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hi!

If you ever have issues with stays posting, you can PM us. We'll be happy to assist you.

-Nick B.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:08 pm

a little off-topic, but GP isn't that helpful. for example, i called last night to book an award reservation, then inquired about points for a lounge closure back in early October at the Grand Hyatt NYC (was promised 1,000 points by the hotel staff), but was told by the GP rep to call the hotel directly (which I did back in October- I posted on the Grand Hyatt NYC page right after my dealings with the hotel and was promised on two occasions, even speaking to the night duty manager on one occasion). I thought that with the record of my reservation GP could help me out, but it was wishful thinking. GP told me to call the hotel directly, ask for in-house reservations and that they could remedy the problem.
I don't call for those issues. I use the web form or PM Gold Passport Concierge. However, in this case, IIRC, GH NYC is exempt for the 2500 GP points for a closed lounge, so if somebody at the property promised you something and it didn't post, I would think that in this case you might actually have to go back to the property to get them to rectify it. GP can help with missing points from a stay, amenity bonus and other standard bonuses that they know about.

-David
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
If you ever have issues with stays posting, you can PM us. We'll be happy to assist you.

-Nick B.
great, thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Stayed here last week. Thought I'd share my experiences and a few photos.

Hyatt's done a great job of converting the dumpy Ocean Resort into a modern property. However, if you're staying here in the near future be aware the reno is ongoing. I thought the property was just the one tower on the corner of Kuhio and Paokalani, but it actually includes the tower Diamond Head on Cartwright. That tower is now being redone and the construction workers start early! Guests seemed to be typical Waikiki tourists, rather than busienss people.

Work ongoing on left tower, complete Pali tower on right, taller tower behind is the Marriot.

On check-in the front desk showed me around the lobby and the concierge phoned to introduce themselves later that afternoon. The concierge is stuck at the back of the lobby.

Room was bright and modern, despite having only the balcony as a window. Housekeeping was good, though some maids were apparently too short to put the towels in the rack in the shower! No tub, just a large shower, which along with the toilet was separate from the sink area. Also noticed a rag left in the hallway for a day+.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...und/Hyatt2.jpg

Breakfast was good, as others said, nice to have hot breakfast sandwiches on offer (which were sold at the lobby snack bar for @ $7). The breakfast area was adjoining the pool deck and as PHLbuddy said it could be windy, strong enough to blow the coffee out of my cup one day!

Not much of a view, this was the fifth floor facing the beach. Higher would have peek-a-boo ocean views.

All in all, a nice property, wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Would be curious to see what the other tower's rooms will be like, as the layout looks quite different, with more windows.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by LeSabre74
...and the concierge phoned to introduce themselves later that afternoon. The concierge is stuck at the back of the lobby.
Thanks for the review. I forgot to mention this. I think the front desk should state to guests they have both bell staff and a concierge, as many Hyatt-savvy people would assume Hyatt Place = no additional staff. It's definitely a game-changer for some. I also would recommend they relocate the concierge closer to the front desk. They are an afterthought in that cavernous lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.