Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt GC suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Hyatt GC suggestions

Through a series of events, I have found myself with a ton of Hyatt gift cards that are no good outside the country. This wouldn't normally be a problem but I'm spending a year traveling overseas.
So... I called Hyatt GC people and they said it can't be redeemed online.
Now I wonder, could I redeem over the phone? Though, I doubt it.
As of now, it seems my options are to hold on to them for a year or two (they don't expire) or sell them off.
Suggestions?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
Through a series of events, I have found myself with a ton of Hyatt gift cards that are no good outside the country. This wouldn't normally be a problem but I'm spending a year traveling overseas.
So... I called Hyatt GC people and they said it can't be redeemed online.
Now I wonder, could I redeem over the phone? Though, I doubt it.
As of now, it seems my options are to hold on to them for a year or two (they don't expire) or sell them off.
Suggestions?
I am afraid they can only be used at check-out at the hotel. I did think they could be used abroad, certainly I have used them in Canada.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by Markie
I am afraid they can only be used at check-out at the hotel. I did think they could be used abroad, certainly I have used them in Canada.
Yea. They work in North America only.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It looks like selling them, or hanging on to them until you get back to N. America, would be your only options.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Was this through Capital One? At one point they did offer to exchange the Gift Cards for Gift Certificates that are accepted internationally (due to a wording problem in their redemption) - if so maybe you can contact them - not sure if its too late or not though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.