Wiki Posts
Search

Stay credit on New Years Eve?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Stay credit on New Years Eve?

If I stay at a Hyatt December 30th for 3 nights, checking out Jan 2nd....will I get a stay credit for 2011 or 2012?

Just trying to figure out if I need to split up my stays or not to start requalifying Diamond for 2012.

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:16 am

I had this situation a few years ago- if you need the stay credit to count for 2011 they can manually make that adjustment.

If you have already requalified for Diamond in 2012, and want the stay/night credit to count for 2012, I don't think you will have to do anything.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.1067 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I had this situation a few years ago- if you need the stay credit to count for 2011 they can manually make that adjustment.

If you have already requalified for Diamond in 2012, and want the stay/night credit to count for 2012, I don't think you will have to do anything.
Correct. Hyatt GP goes by the check-out date when determining the stay credit year. If you need the credit for both years then split the stay between 2 properties b/c the consecutive stays at the same hotel will still count as a single stay.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
I have a similar question on the topic. How about the number of nights? Would they split between 2011 and 2012 or all post to the check out year?

For details, here is my specific issue. I have far and away re-qualified for diamond this year (roughly 2X what I needed both on points and stays), but as I look forward to next year, I see that it is going to be a bit harder to hit the mark - and given my travel patterns, diamond is worth it for me.

Over the holidays this year, I will have a ~3 week stay at a SS in the USA (12/16/11 - 1/6/12) and I want to push as much credit as I can onto 2012. I understand from above that the stay credit should fall into '12, but wil the ~21 nights split per the actual dates or follow the check out date?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Both stay and nights will be attributed to the year in which the check-out occurs. It will put you in a good position to re-qualify for Diamond in 2012.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by hautecouTours
Both stay and nights will be attributed to the year in which the check-out occurs. It will put you in a good position to re-qualify for Diamond in 2012.
Just learned this the hard way from a 12/31-1/1/20 stay which just posted for 2020. I called CS and they said it can be manually adjusted. Whew! Gets me to the 30 night mark for 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.