Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Sierra) Redmond REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE

Since a search didn't turn up an existing thread on this hotel, I'm starting a new thread. As my second Seattle-area Hyatt visit last weekend, I stayed at the Hotel Sierra Redmond. For this stay, I booked a one bedroom king with a balcony.

The bathroom and vanity:

As a one bedroom, the sitting area was more well defined.

A simple, yet functional desk:

A more nicely finished kitchenette than the Hotel Sierra Bellevue:

The front desk desk also asked for my preference in Diamond amenity, although the clerk spent a minute trying to see if it could be credited to US Airways (like the rest of my stay was). Since the acquisition of Hotel Sierra two months ago by Hyatt, it seems the check-in clerks have been reasonably well-trained. Three days after my stay, I received an email offering me the ability to sign up to earn "Stash Hotel Rewards." A quick glance at the website showed that it seems to be an independent hotelier rewards program, leaving me to chalk up the email as a legacy of the acquisition.

(The permanent home for my photos is my blog.)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:30 am

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Thumbs up Great hotel in a nice area of Seattle

I stay here a lot.
I was concerned that it went "Hyatt" rather than an independent chain with "STASH REWARDS"

I find it a perfect location in the Seattle area, and the hotel itself is right on target to my liking.

My dog gives it a "Four Paws" rating!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Are you telling me we actually have a pet friendly Hyatt in the Seattle area??
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:00 pm

Unfortunately, I stayed there last with my pooch when they were an "Independent" chain = Hotel Sierra, sans the Hyatt affiliation.

I do not know if this has changed.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Chase CC points

Word of warning. If you use your Hyatt Chase cc here, the transaction will post as "Hotel Sierra" and you will not receive the 3 points per dollar spent.

I followed up with Chase and received this back. This is due to the terms stating:

You will earn 3 Hyatt Gold Passport® points for each $1 USD of eligible net purchases made at participating Hyatt locations where "Hyatt" appears as the merchant on your monthly transaction statement.

I have contacted the hotel management and asked them to fix this. Also cc'd gold passport and the hyatt concierge.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I am a big fan of the ex-Sierra hotels. Is unfortunate they are bunched together with the ex-summerfield suites hotels as part of the Hyatt House brand. They are in 2 different leagues and I will in the future make sure the Hyatt House is an ex-Sierra brand b4 I book. And the more I think about it, the ex-summerfileds should have been bunched up with the Hyatt Place and the Sierras by itself.

The pictures of the Redmond property looks pretty close to the Charlotte Uptown HH. And may I say it is the best Hyatt in the Charlotte area with a fantastic and caring manager, Alex.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:29 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I am a big fan of the ex-Sierra hotels. Is unfortunate they are bunched together with the ex-summerfield suites hotels as part of the Hyatt House brand. They are in 2 different leagues and I will in the future make sure the Hyatt House is an ex-Sierra brand b4 I book. And the more I think about it, the ex-summerfileds should have been bunched up with the Hyatt Place and the Sierras by itself.
I have not stayed at one of the ex-Sierras so can't comment but in the Property Index sticky above, the ex-Sierra properties are marked as Hyatt house (Sierra) - as opposed to Hyatt house (Summerfield).
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I am a big fan of the ex-Sierra hotels. Is unfortunate they are bunched together with the ex-summerfield suites hotels as part of the Hyatt House brand. They are in 2 different leagues and I will in the future make sure the Hyatt House is an ex-Sierra brand b4 I book. And the more I think about it, the ex-summerfileds should have been bunched up with the Hyatt Place...
AGREED! ^

And thanks to Peteropny, I see how we should be able determine the difference.

I'm also wondering what to do with my left-over "Stash" reward points.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Stayed here a couple weeks ago - had a very nice (ex-Sierra) Studio room with kitchen and would be a nice long-term stay - with the light rain outside, it was hard to get out from under the covers! Would stay here again - easy free underground parking a plus...nice place.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:16 pm

Courtyard Marriott Kirkland vs. Hyatt House Redmond
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Work or leisure? Where do you plan on going to? HH Redmond has a better location if you need to go to the Microsoft campus. It's also within walking distance from a supermarket and a few restaurants, including fast food establishments.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:17 pm

Bothell, WA.

Springhill Suites/Country Inn both look meh. Courtyard is not that far away - Hyatt House is further away, although I am more partial to Hyatt for the points.

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Work or leisure? Where do you plan on going to? HH Redmond has a better location if you need to go to the Microsoft campus. It's also within walking distance from a supermarket and a few restaurants, including fast food establishments.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:44 am

I'll be staying at HH Redmond later this week; I will let you know how it is
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:15 am

I will possibly be there or the Courtyard in Kirkland this upcoming Sunday-Thursday

Originally Posted by awaite01
I'll be staying at HH Redmond later this week; I will let you know how it is
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by factory81
I will possibly be there or the Courtyard in Kirkland this upcoming Sunday-Thursday
CY is much closer to 405, so this would be better if distance is of biggest concern to you. You can't do the HGI at Bothell?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.