Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Sierra) Redmond REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt house (Sierra) Redmond REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:25 pm

I am trying to ideally earn "true Diamond" status with Hyatt, not through a promo. I don't always find myself in a place with a Hyatt, or I find myself of course struggling to budget one between airfare and hotel.

HGI in Bothell is possible. I just absolutely do not focus at all on Hilton stays. Between the disliking of their points and my focus on earning status with Hyatt/SPG, I just don't feel like giving Hilton any more of my business than I absolutely have to. Marriott/IHG are my backup brands, and Marriot thas the stay more play more promo which would actually net me more points with Marriott, so I am honestly learning more toward the Courtyard. Just because I know I can come in at the right budget and not upset anyone. The Hyatt House here does come with a nice premium attached to it.

I am at a Hyatt Place that was $189/nt this week up until last Friday, and they dropped the rate to 124/nt at the last minute. I am considering playing chicken with Hyatt on this here and seeing if the rate will drop, and then booking the Marriott if it turns out to stay high.

The Hyatt House looks new(er), the Courtyard looks new, the HGI also looks new. So they all look like nice hotels on the surface. Of course I would like more room than a Courtyard tho...
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
CY is much closer to 405, so this would be better if distance is of biggest concern to you. You can't do the HGI at Bothell?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by factory81
I am trying to ideally earn "true Diamond" status with Hyatt, not through a promo. I don't always find myself in a place with a Hyatt, or I find myself of course struggling to budget one between airfare and hotel.

HGI in Bothell is possible. I just absolutely do not focus at all on Hilton stays. Between the disliking of their points and my focus on earning status with Hyatt/SPG, I just don't feel like giving Hilton any more of my business than I absolutely have to. Marriott/IHG are my backup brands, and Marriot thas the stay more play more promo which would actually net me more points with Marriott, so I am honestly learning more toward the Courtyard. Just because I know I can come in at the right budget and not upset anyone. The Hyatt House here does come with a nice premium attached to it.

I am at a Hyatt Place that was $189/nt this week up until last Friday, and they dropped the rate to 124/nt at the last minute. I am considering playing chicken with Hyatt on this here and seeing if the rate will drop, and then booking the Marriott if it turns out to stay high.

The Hyatt House looks new(er), the Courtyard looks new, the HGI also looks new. So they all look like nice hotels on the surface. Of course I would like more room than a Courtyard tho...
From past experience, room rates at the HH Redmond has dropped multiple times closer to my check-in dates. However, this wasn't always the case..
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:43 am

Checking the prices daily. $209/day + 12.4% tax up until this morning (Friday, for a sunday booking)

And this Sunday is actually up to $229/day now. I honestly can't believe how expensive it is, and then my employers discount is a whopping $9 off.

Glad I secured the Courtyard in Kirkland while I could...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
While most non busy weekends can be had for $89-$109
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by factory81
Checking the prices daily. $209/day + 12.4% tax up until this morning (Friday, for a sunday booking)

And this Sunday is actually up to $229/day now. I honestly can't believe how expensive it is, and then my employers discount is a whopping $9 off.

Glad I secured the Courtyard in Kirkland while I could...
I'm staying tonight (Friday) for $99. I guess Friday and Saturday are VERY low occupancy (which makes sense).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Stayed on Friday night (March 27). Although the hotel is fine, there was construction (jack hammering) across the street until 1:30am. I called the police about noise violations; finally went across the street and talked with them myself.

The hotel moved me rooms to one that was not directly facing the street but the jack hammering could be heard from everywhere in the hotel.

The front desk gave me a noise machine and earplugs as well as some HGP points for my troubles.

I don't think this should be a problem again; it looked like they were repaving a parking lot so once it is done it is done.

Not at all the hotel's fault except that I found out that the hotel had been notified of the construction and hadn't given guests any warning.

Otherwise a decent hotel. I will put a full review soon on my website http://singleflyer.com

Until then here is a picture of a standard room (notice that there isn't a kitchen).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.