The Latest Amenity - Toothpaste

Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:31 am
Original Poster

The Latest Amenity - Toothpaste

Seems like every Hyatt I check into has that tube of toothpaste on the counter. Fine by me. But, for the first time, I see it as an "official" amenity, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta:

Aquafresh® Extreme Clean® Toothpaste Amenities

As they say, better than a sharp stick...
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
They've been doing this for a bit over a year, IIRC. I've started relying on it

I generally bring a tiny tube in the event they don't provide it and if I need more I just buy it.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
I found them to be missing in some of my stays, but when you ask for it they will always bring it up.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
They must have been doing it for over a year because I remember all the Boston Hyatts had it in late 2009 and I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately, it only applies to the hotels in the USA and the international properties haven't adopted this amenity.

Worse, when you ask for it, most give you a tiny single use Colgate. So if you use it in the evening, you have to ask for another one in the morning. Bloody pointless. And worse, you can't only ask for the toothpaste, they bring you the whole set with the toothbrush as well. Isn't that a waste of money, especially if staying for multiple nights. I've had a collection of 6 toothbrushes at one point at the CDG.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Had the Aquafresh Extereme tube at the HR SFO earlier this week. And I know from a couple of matress runs that the Hyatt Bonaventure (Weston, FL) has also provided paste since at least 2009.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:16 am

I don't stay at Hyatts frequently so I just noticed this two weeks ago. It amused me that a tube of toothpaste was free, but bottles of generic brand water were $2.50
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Hyatt started doing this a few months after the original liquids ban a couple of years ago.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:26 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I really like the Aquafresh stuff. Good thing since I have a lifetime supply...
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:00 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I really like the Aquafresh stuff. Good thing since I have a lifetime supply...
+1

I'm up to about 60 boxes of the stuff. It's a bit of a pain to rotate my stock so I use the tubes with the closest expiration date ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.