Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I sent my PL agent a missing folio about 10 days after check-out. They applied the points but it didn't post the Amenity bonus. I queried this and was told that it had been added correctly but didn't post and was being used as an example of the problem.

24 hours later and 1,500 points richer I am delighted with the new offering.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I just called about my three most recent stays. The Diamond Amenity points did not post for any of the three. Two of those stays were after October 17. An agent posted the points to my account. When I asked about the 50% bonus for amenities not posting, the agent didn't know what I was talking about and transferred me to another agent who also didn't know what I was talking about. He did post 2000 bonus points to my account for the inconvenience, but why isn't the 50% bonus being applied consistently?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:40 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
I just called about my three most recent stays. The Diamond Amenity points did not post for any of the three. Two of those stays were after October 17. An agent posted the points to my account. When I asked about the 50% bonus for amenities not posting, the agent didn't know what I was talking about and transferred me to another agent who also didn't know what I was talking about. He did post 2000 bonus points to my account for the inconvenience, but why isn't the 50% bonus being applied consistently?
Hi Flying Buccaneer:

PM your Diamond number to us. We'll take care of the problem.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
PM your Diamond number to us. We'll take care of the problem.
Don't you think that it would be the time to bring back the knowledgeable Diamond reps? It has been nothing but a disaster when your "cross" trained reservation folks have been trying to deal with GP issues.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA, Delta Million, USAir Silver
Smile New Points Bonus program - effective 10/2011

Good news. As most of us FT's often do, I called Cust Svc today to let them know that the Hyatt Place Jacksonville forgot my Platinum Amenity for a stay last month. Instead of the normal 500 points, they posted 750 points because guests will now receive extra points when the hotel doesn't do it right the first time. What a clever incentive for the properties. They are charged extra $$ for their omission.

No surprise, that got me an additional 750 points because only 2 of my last 5 stays had posted properly. This policy began sometime in mid-October, so check your Hyatt stays and be sure to ask. I miss the G1 bonuses, but here's a little something.

Seriously, let's hope we can count on Hyatt to post points more accurately in the future.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Good deal! The HP's I stay at never post the amenity correctly or on time.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; Delta Platinum; Priority Club Platinum.
I just called to claim missing Diamond Amenity points on a stay from SS 2 weeks ago... 5 minutes later, my account showed +500. =(

With all this talk here, I was expecting +750.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by jeffmilw
I just called to claim missing Diamond Amenity points on a stay from SS 2 weeks ago... 5 minutes later, my account showed +500. =(

With all this talk here, I was expecting +750.
you should be getting 500 + 250, assuming this is at one of limited service hyatt brands (HP, SS or SS).

If you didn't, I would use the web form on goldpassport.com to request it or you can PM GP Concierge. Anyway, that's what I do for all missing point, etc issues.

-David
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: A few
Question: I had a recent stay on an HGP ineligible rate (booked through 3rd party travel discount site). While I don't expect the points for the stay, I should receive the amenity no?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Question: I had a recent stay on an HGP ineligible rate (booked through 3rd party travel discount site). While I don't expect the points for the stay, I should receive the amenity no?
Yes.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I have been cashing in on virtually every stay this year...hope these properties never learn their lesson!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: United 1K; United 1MM; Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone been denied the 50% bonus in circumstances whereby the Diamond Amenity did not post?

I just got off the phone with Diamond CS about missing 500 bonus points for stay at Hyatt Main Street Station in Breckenridge (Diamond members get 500 bonus points as the diamond amenity). The agent quickly added the 500 bonus points. I then asked her about the 50% bonus due to the fact I had to call. The agent said she had never heard of such a policy .

I would hope Hyatt would educate all of their agents on this policy. I felt like an idiot for asking as the agent likely thought I'm trying to scam her for an extra 250 points .
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hattrick17
Has anyone been denied the 50% bonus in circumstances whereby the Diamond Amenity did not post?

I just got off the phone with Diamond CS about missing 500 bonus points for stay at Hyatt Main Street Station in Breckenridge (Diamond members get 500 bonus points as the diamond amenity). The agent quickly added the 500 bonus points. I then asked her about the 50% bonus due to the fact I had to call. The agent said she had never heard of such a policy .

I would hope Hyatt would educate all of their agents on this policy. I felt like an idiot for asking as the agent likely thought I'm trying to scam her for an extra 250 points .
The agents do need to be reminded that you get a bonus on the bonus if the points aren't posted correctly. They don't mind a gentle suggestion. You are not "scamming" them for the points but getting a benefit that you are entitled to since you had to make the effort and get the points that should've been applied correctly in the first place. I'm running at a failure rate of about 20% on the year and the times that I've called to get the amenity points posted there was never any problem or hesitation (other than for "hold" time to go and find out about the extra points).

To answer you're question, I've never been denied the bonus points when asking for the amenity points.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:47 am
HCA

I completely forgot I read this post before. Two of my recent stays they forgot to put the proper bonus code on my bill but I remind them to add it before I leave. Oh well, at least I don't need to spend time to get "original" and "extra" bonus points.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I have been cashing in on virtually every stay this year...hope these properties never learn their lesson!
Unfortunately this tactic for Hyatt seems to be working...bonus posted on a timely basis on my last 3 stays!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.