Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I called the Hyatt Diamond Line to correct the posting of my three most recent stays - two at Hyatt Place and one at Hotel Sienna - all after Oct 21st

The Hyatt Place stays, both I requested miles, only one posted with them, however it was missing the Diamond Welcome points. The other had the Diamond Welcome points, but was logged as a points stay, though I requested miles.

I have never once had a HP stay that properly recorded a miles/welcome bonus combination.

I've watched the desk staff struggle with the computer system, trying to figure out how to do so. When I call the Diamond line to have the corrections made, I'm often told that in order to have a miles stay, they need to 'manually' add the welcome bonus in the system.

I'm guessing that HP front desk staff wouldn't have the permissions in the system to add bonus points to a folio in a similar process that the Diamond Line staff uses. Likely only a HP back office manager can do so.

Further guessing that the HP back office manager only really hits 'approve' on the accumulated folios, of which the front desk staff enter all the information. They likely either don't receive, don't review, or simply ignore any additional notes or instructions that a Diamond customer has stayed , and needs additional care in property posting to the GP loyalty program.

The hotel Sienna stay didn't post at all, anticipating this, I had the front desk email me the folio last week, and I simply forwarded that email to the Diamond Line rep, who was able to post the stay.

(Anyhow, no, I didn't receive the 250 x3 extra points for my phone-in inconvenience)

Last edited by 4aks; Nov 2, 2011 at 9:54 pm
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
It indeed happened!!

My previous two stays' diamond amenity was missing. I called GP diamond center, and asked post 1000 (HR) and 500 (Sierra) as diamond amenity. And he did so. After that, I asked again I heard a new rule to give additional 50% pts for such a thing! He didn't know this, so should ask another person, and finally he agreed to give this. And, he confirmed this is a new rule.. Finally got 2250 pts instaed 1500.. IT should have started earlier..

Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Nice! ^
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Dear FlyerTalkers,

I just wanted to quickly chime in here.

We realize that our success rate at automatically posting the points for the Diamond Welcome Amenity has been less than perfect, and I was very passionate about correcting this.

Obviously, our goal is to post 100% of these points automatically; however, if we fail to do so, then you will now receive a 50% bonus for all Diamond Welcome Amenity points that are manually posted by a Customer Service Representative.

This means that you will receive a total of 750 points (500 plus a 250 bonus) at Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Hotel Sierra and a total of 1,500points (1,000 plus a 500 bonus) at all other Hyatt brands for all manually posted Welcome Amenity points through all channels of communication with Customer Service. The policy is only applicable to hotels in the US, Canada and the Caribbean, as we only offer a points amenity option in those regions.

We hope you appreciate this change, and please keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Safe travels,

Jeff
Jeff,

Thanks for keeping an eye on the comments on this board. As a suggestion can you also get IT to post base points corrected? I'm staying weekly at a full-service property and they always post the incorrect amount. $103 a night X 3 nights X 5 points per dollar is 1,545. They always post 1,525. Make no sense why the system can't do simple multiplication.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:44 pm

Dear FlyerTalkers,

This means that you will receive a total of 750 points (500 plus a 250 bonus) at Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Hotel Sierra and a total of 1,500points (1,000 plus a 500 bonus) at all other Hyatt brands for all manually posted Welcome Amenity points through all channels of communication with Customer Service. The policy is only applicable to hotels in the US, Canada and the Caribbean, as we only offer a points amenity option in those regions.

Jeff
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalkers,

We just wanted to clarify and let everyone know this is for stays that started October 14th and beyond.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
Thank you for acknowledging the change and benefit and the effective date of the change.

-David
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Thanks Hyatt for giving their best effort to become better & better! ^
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
The manual posting over phone takes hell of a lot time though. I am on phone already 15 minutes and still lady is working on it! my time is actually more expensive than this 500 points.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Why don't you just email GP? This doesn't require a call.

Originally Posted by Richey66
The manual posting over phone takes hell of a lot time though. I am on phone already 15 minutes and still lady is working on it! my time is actually more expensive than this 500 points.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Peter - time for an update to the title (250/500)?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Peter - time for an update to the title (250/500)?
250 Extra Points for Hyatt Place, Summerfield Suites and Hyatt Sierra
500 Extra Points at Hyatt Full Service Properties (Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt & Park Hyatt)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Obviously, our goal is to post 100% of these points automatically; however, if we fail to do so, then you will now receive a 50% bonus for all Diamond Welcome Amenity points that are manually posted by a Customer Service Representative.

We hope you appreciate this change, and please keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Safe travels,

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.

(p.s. your web form for requesting missing stays does not have Hyatt 48/Lex on the list so it won't let me submit it.)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:33 pm

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much. Now I must admit that I am hoping you fail to post my bonuses

But seriously - thanks for showing us that you value our time. ^
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
On a award stay the 1000 points NEVER post. Wonder if they will give the extra 500 as well.

Last edited by Maui4me1; Nov 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm Reason: used wrong word
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Richey66
True, but I assume your time was also more important than 0 bonus points.....
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by jimmychang
Why don't you just email GP? This doesn't require a call.
+1

Or Private Message to GP Concierge.

Takes a minute, no frustrating telephone call required.

-David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.