Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 (HP/SS) / 500 (FS) Point bonus if Diamond Amenity Does Not Post Automatically

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Originally Posted by I_Sue_Debt_Collectors
I didn't get my 500 amenity points at a HP in Salt Lake City. when I emailed my PL she said that the hotel claimed i had taken the F&B amenity instead and that she could not give me the points. I have never taken the F&B amenity at a HP because it is worthless. My PL is escalating it for me.

Lets see if I get anything extra from it
Now if you select F&B, it posts this. So unless you see it in your stay, you can claim the amenity points.

Earnings Detail
Diamond F&B Welcome Amenity
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA NW DL USAIR, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt Diamond
I just called GP about my missing diamond amenity points from a Sept stay at HP Santa Fe, and was credited with 500 points... not 750 so ymmv.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs down Inconsistent

Originally Posted by dizziest1
I just called GP about my missing diamond amenity points from a Sept stay at HP Santa Fe, and was credited with 500 points... not 750 so ymmv.
Likewise. Just called to have my last 2 Diamond stay amenities posted and no extra bonus points were issued.

Consistent application of this bonus is expected. ^

Hyatt - are you listening?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
Same for me -- no extra points for a missing credit at a full service Hyatt from this past weekend.

Not complaining since I only expect the 1,000 points I was promised, but what's the logic in rolling this out for some, but not others?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
extra 500 for me

Mine didn't post at the SF Grand and when I called in I inquired as to this new extra point procedure.

She was gone for a few minutes and when she came back she gave me an extra 500 points.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:56 am
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt

Dear FlyerTalkers,

I just wanted to quickly chime in here.

We realize that our success rate at automatically posting the points for the Diamond Welcome Amenity has been less than perfect, and I was very passionate about correcting this.

Obviously, our goal is to post 100% of these points automatically; however, if we fail to do so, then you will now receive a 50% bonus for all Diamond Welcome Amenity points that are manually posted by a Customer Service Representative.

This means that you will receive a total of 750 points (500 plus a 250 bonus) at Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Hotel Sierra and a total of 1,500points (1,000 plus a 500 bonus) at all other Hyatt brands for all manually posted Welcome Amenity points through all channels of communication with Customer Service. The policy is only applicable to hotels in the US, Canada and the Caribbean, as we only offer a points amenity option in those regions.

We hope you appreciate this change, and please keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Safe travels,

Jeff
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:04 am

Extra 1,500 for me

Hyatt missed the Diamond Amenity for 2 stays last week in Bay Area (Hyatt Place Fremont & Hyatt Regency Santa Clara).

I just called, the rep corrected it and I mentioned the 50% bonus for amenity not posting. She put me on hold for a few minutes, then came back & told me she had credited my account 250 & 500 points respectively.

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara also missed the 2,500 points for the Reg Club being closed on weekends; that was corrected as well. Wouldn't that be nice if they extended the 50% bonus to that too
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Dear FlyerTalkers,

I just wanted to quickly chime in here.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff for your clarification on this matter. It is almost a routine for me to request the Diamond Amenity points after each stay. I still think your IT department needs an overhaul (point posting issues, website issues).

Also congratulation on Park Hyatt Chicago ranked #11 on the top 100 US Hotels list on the current Condé Nast Traveler.

Last edited by ORDLEO; Nov 2, 2011 at 9:47 am
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Many Thanks, Jeff - this should save both us and GP much time and frustration. Now about honoring my request for a helicopter pad attached to the room...
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Jeff for the positive change, and thanks for posting on FT to clarify it!

Here's a suggestion -- bring back G bonuses, and award 50% bonus points if they don't post properly!
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: status-less.
I too wish to thank and applaud Mr. Zidell for his continuing efforts to further improve an already excellent program.

If I may, I should like to suggest that the posting of airline miles from Hyatt Place properties also merits attention. Many times I've stayed at an HP property, asked the front desk for miles instead of points at check-in, provided all the data, and re-verified all the data again at check-out, yet still received points requiring a follow-up call to customer service to change the result.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
I feel better when I call back now. The previous experience is really frustrated.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Seems like the rep. still need to be trained.

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Likewise. Just called to have my last 2 Diamond stay amenities posted and no extra bonus points were issued.

Consistent application of this bonus is expected. ^

Hyatt - are you listening?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: United 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
My PL informed me that this policy applies to the stay on/after 10/17. Just picked up a few extra points^
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:16 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear Flyertalkers,

On November 2nd we noted a clarification that we are making adjustments for check outs October 14th and beyond, we apologize for the miscommunication adjustments will be done for check outs October 17th and beyond. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Safe Travel,

Brock S.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Nov 4, 2011 at 11:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.