Wiki Posts
Search

Warren Tricomi - Toiletries?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Warren Tricomi - Toiletries?

There have been a couple of recent reviews that indicate that this line is provided (in place of the White Ginger Portico). Reviews that indicate this are for the 48Lex and Santa Barbara properties - which are the "base" full-service Hyatt brands (not Regency, Grand, Andaz, Park) etc.

Just took a quick look at Warren Tricomi website - seems to be an upscale salon type of place that sells "products" - much like Frederic Fekkai (which is now owned by P&G).

I did speak with Jeff Zidell at the recent Star Mega Do regarding this and he indicates that they are studying replacing the White Ginger product (although he indicates that its a big seller online - to whom I'm not sure).
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
I did speak with Jeff Zidell at the recent Star Mega Do regarding this and he indicates that they are studying replacing the White Ginger product (although he indicates that its a big seller online - to whom I'm not sure).
I bet it's the japanese ^.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:54 am
Used to be hamajicky

the white ginger stuff is nasty
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
White Ginger is the *only* line of hotel toiletry products I won't use. Yecch! I've taken to carrying Bliss soap and shampoo on every trip where I know I'll be at a Hyatt.

Honestly -- I don't mind the stuff at Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. But White Ginger is intolerable.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I don't see why there is such a big disgust of the white ginger. I think it smells pretty good, and am glad that they stock it. Compared to what I've received at other hotel chains, the Portico brand is great. I'd love to see the eucalyptus in more Hyatt's, but won't complain if I've got white ginger..

Do most people have a problem with the smell? Or is there something else that you dislike?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Do most people have a problem with the smell? Or is there something else that you dislike?
For me it's the smell.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:28 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I don't really like the smell either of White Ginger, but I don't find it that strong, so I don't really mind it.

I do like the "Pomegranate" Portico products that I see sometimes.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:06 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
For me it's the smell as well. I've gotten used to the white ginger enough to use the products during my stay.

However, I'll usually take home whatever toiletries I've opened during my stay, knowing that otherwise they will just be thrown away... but Hyatt is the only chain in its class where I don't do this.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat
Sorry to completely turn this into a white ginger thread, but I have to add I've been bringing my own shampoo/cond for a while, and decided recently I will start bringing my own soap as well. WG = yuck.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
White ginger = yuck!

Have to agree on the white ginger - don't love the smell and find the products really drying. Then again, I can't say that I love the Westin or Sheraton products either.

Favorites have to include L'Occitane (Four Seasons), Remčde (St. Regis), C.O. Bigelow (Andaz 5th Ave and WS), Korres (Morgans) and Kiehl's... Aveda doesn't seem as trendy, but I find the products nice as well.

Would be happy to see the Portico product disappear
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Tried Warren Tricomi at the 48 Lex and thought was pretty good. However, cannot get enough of the CO Bigolow products at Andaz. So into this that even visited their shop in the Village to try a few of their prodts out before buying.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:56 am

Programs: Quite a few...
Originally Posted by Benner
Would be happy to see the Portico product disappear
+1. The smell of the White Ginger variety is just plain awful.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:17 am
Used to be hamajicky

the 21c hotel in Lexington has Malin + Goetz. My favorite.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Any of the current Portico Spa stuff sucks, white ginger or otherwise.

The shampoo is a purifying shampoo and is oh soooooooo freaking drying. The conditioner while claimed to be deep moisturizing, is really not. The combination is guarantee to cause frizzy hair. I can also count on that happening, every time. I really don't like it but can deal with it because it's predictable. I found a leave in spray conditioner that work OK with the shampoo/conditioner combination and add some moisture back into the hair.

I also found out I have a mild allergic reaction to something in the Portico Spa line, something in the baseline formula, regardless of the fragrance. Well, so did my mom, and a few of my friends that I gave a way the stuff to. If you use the soap and moisturizer and get dry skin, then you are probably allergic to it as well. It's not something that you break out a rash but it's mild enough to cause some mild skin flakiness and dryness.

There has been a few Hyatts that stocked H2O+ stuff in select room and some other boutique brands, those stuff are awesome. I would clean out the bathroom after every stay I would be in heaven when they upgrade me to a suite with multiple bathrooms :P

I am a loyal Hyatt customer for years. The single biggest problem I have with Hyatt, next to issues with posting points, is the crappy Portico Spa stuff that's everywhere and have been so for so many years. In fact, when Holiday Inn refreshed their stuff to Bath and Body Works, I started to stay there more often, purely for that reason alone
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:11 pm

I'll use the White Ginger Portico in a pinch, but really can't stand the rat poison-like scent. It's really bad that I'm usually bringing my own shampoo, soap, and lotion when I stay at a Hyatt... it's not like I'm staying at a Motel 6. Props to the properties that notice on my Diamond Profile that I hate the White Ginger scent and put something else in the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.