Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Coconut Point Fort Myers REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant

So I've finally been to a new-build HP. Better lobby by far, maybe a bit wider room, but still the same undersized bath? Maybe another foot larger please Hyatt, so you can close the door without banging your shins into the toilet!

Otherwise, I really liked the place. Worked well for us to stop here after a late airplane and move on to the resort the next day, rather than trying to check in to the much larger property well after dark. If you were going to do a lot of driving around sightseeing and use the hotel as a base rather than a destination in itself, it might even be more convenient.

Interestingly, there were multiple hot choices at breakfast. Apparently one of a very limited number of HP's testing the concept on behalf of Hyatt.

(Moderator, if I've missed an existing master thread, please accept my apologies for not finding it and merge).
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:10 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jayer
Interestingly, there were multiple hot choices at breakfast. Apparently one of a very limited number of HP's testing the concept on behalf of Hyatt.
Wow, I hope this goes to the whole chain, the grossly inferior breakfast is one reason why I much prefer HGI over HP. I would probably still prefer HGI over HP even with a few hot breakfast items at HP, but it would significantly close the gap.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jayer
(Moderator, if I've missed an existing master thread, please accept my apologies for not finding it and merge).
No apologies - your "review" is the first one for this property - thanks!!!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Staying here on Friday so the wife and I can do some shopping at the Miromar outlets. Had a friend stay here for a couple of days on some golf business and said it was his favorite Hyatt Place he had been to.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 5:55 pm

If you like to shop, there are few better locations than this quaint little property. Its in the middle of a huge outdoor mall that has wonderful dining and every store imaginable. Its also less than 5 miles away from the incredible Miromar Outlets that my wife and I like so much.

Hotel is a bit tired in terms of some quick maintenance that needs to be done, but pretty much on par with most Hyatt Place properties. For the money, and a quick vacation stay with a great location, this place is perfect.

For those that travel with dogs, its one of the more pet friendly Hyatt properties I have found.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I drove by Hyatt Place Coconut Point on the way to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point tonite. It seems to be beside the highway and near some newer built commercial centres. The building looked pretty nice and recently developed.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:22 am

We have actually stayed at the Hyatt Regency down there many many times. Great place. Depending on our reason for going (shopping vs relaxing), we might prefer this property for location. Its great to be able to park and walk to some shopping for a full day and/or have the short 5 mile drive to a great outlet mall.

It is off US 41, not i75 although there is a Hyatt Place a bit North directly off of i75 as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.