Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:59 pm

Yawn, yawn; somebody's asleep at the wheel.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:06 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Extremely underwhelming.

Are we at least getting the G bonuses back?
G bonuses as we know them are never coming back. HGP already announced a refresh of elite benefits, and this is the second points-for-nights promo since G bonuses evaporated. If they were coming back, we would have heard about it by now.

HGP didn't like the G bonuses because their own IT systems were notoriously unreliable. This means that rather than promoting loyalty, they rewarded persistence. They gave Hyatt a bad reputation because customers frequently did everything right and still weren't awarded G-bonus points. Rather than fix the problem, HGP is moving towards cumulative "points for nights" bonuses to drive up overall occupancy over a period of time. Points-for-stays bonuses tend to encourage hotel-hopping and don't provide enough incentive to sway travellers who are booking 3-5+ day stays at a time from booking at cheaper competitors.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:13 pm

Is there any Hyatt CC incentive like last time? Extra points for having the CC? This is overall a pretty terrible promo.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG gold, Delta Silver
I will give up my diamond status this year.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:27 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I would not necessarily think this Hyatt offer should preclude a FFN offer. Announcing a FFN offer later and having this promo running simultaneously would be excellent. If this turns out to be the only Hyatt offer, then it will be disappointing.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Perhaps there will be a more exciting offer for December and January.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:33 pm

I'm on a trial offer and will get 10k from this. But thus far, I SPG is winning by a mile. Though, as I am new to both, and I see a lot of Hyatt love even in the SPG threads, I am interested to experience the rest of my trail to see how I am treated as a Diamond.

Heck, at least go with 2k/night. They are shaving off .33k a night after the economy appears to have declined, a low cap, and a small 2 month window?!?!?!?!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I would not necessarily think this Hyatt offer should preclude a FFN offer. Announcing a FFN offer later and having this promo running simultaneously would be excellent. If this turns out to be the only Hyatt offer, then it will be disappointing.
If Hyatt did this, they would obliterate all the complaints and gripes that people have had this year. Any complaint after that would be baseless garbage, as that would be a rocking promo and would crush its rivals.

Sadly, I think the chances of such a thing, based on recent short-medium term Hyatt action is less than 0.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Amarante
I'm on a trial offer and will get 10k from this. But thus far, I SPG is winning by a mile. Though, as I am new to both, and I see a lot of Hyatt love even in the SPG threads, I am interested to experience the rest of my trail to see how I am treated as a Diamond.

Heck, at least go with 2k/night. They are shaving off .33k a night after the economy appears to have declined, a low cap, and a small 2 month window?!?!?!?!
Been contemplating looking into a status match for SPG...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Perhaps there will be a more exciting offer for December and January.
That would be nice but I won't expect it.

If some speculation around here is correct and Hyatt wants to weed out their Diamonds, then I don't see them giving any reason for people to make a last minute run at extending their status for another year.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
totally agree! I feel very sad for their so called "promotion"!

Originally Posted by pogonation
Sucks for me Most my stays are 1-2 nights so 3 stays = 5k.. even just G bonuses would have been better. Even worse than the last 5 nights = 10k
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:50 pm

I agree with you that they should have at least one FFN every year while it should for all Hyatt members, not just credit card holders.

Originally Posted by jimmychang
Looks like this will repalce FFN and be the standard promo GP offers annually. I think they should at least do FFN once a year for Hyatt creditcard holders only.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:52 pm

Going to sell my Hyatt gift cards and certs. I don't care about qualifying for next year's diamond any more.

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by efox
Though not much, I will take whatever is offered.

I assume this promo can be used in conjunction with the Costco rate (3rd night free)?
I think the COSTCO promo ends 09/06/2011, before this one even starts.

Wink

Hiahia, I agree with you that Hyatt should not be excited about it.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Er, why on earth does this excite you?

Yawn...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.