Search

New Private Line rep ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:03 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
New Private Line rep ?

I know there were several clients of the fired Private Line representative here on FT. Has anyone of been assigned a replacement PL rep yet ? I received an email more than a week ago saying Hyatt would follow up with me "shortly" but have heard nothing since then.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 2:33 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Also got email but no follow up. I love the Hyatt properties I stay in and have always noticed fantastic customer service. But I have noticed emails are not being responded to - from hotels or customer service, I must be waiting for replies from at least 5 different people (some for a number of weeks despite multiple emails.) I am guessing it is due to holiday season.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by price123
... I am guessing it is due to holiday season.
well, you may not hear until after the 28th
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Nothing here either

I haven't heard anything about getting a new PL rep since receiving the email either. The PL rep who was fired was really tremendously helpful and made it so easy for me to make reservations. She also worked proactively to make sure that my GP account was accurate and reflected all my stays and points. Now I'm missing both stays and points. Her firing was the first thing Hyatt has done that I'm truly dissatisfied with.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Had never had problems until she got fired. Then 3 in the past week! Luckily got them sorted through FT.

I have now been emailed by new PLA. However, by the number of spelling mistakes in the email, my hopes are not that high.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
'fired' or laid-off ? why are multiple ppl here saying 'fired' ? how would you know one way or another?

Maybe there were some unhappy customers? or simply couldn't justify the cost of the position ?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
fired. She released advance info to one of her customers which was posted here. Hyatt was not pleased and she was let go.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
fired. She released advance info to one of her customers which was posted here. Hyatt was not pleased and she was let go.
that's sad. I don't know what it was, but I doubt the info was meaningful.

Not like something that would effect the stock price and allow ppl to front-run on insider info.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:07 am

Actually, the information was the change to property levels as well as to the program.

It could have been significant, depending upon the degree of the change.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:39 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I got a phone call, followed by an email this morning. I booked several stays the past few days, but I'm sure I'll have something for my new rep soon. We did chat a bit on the phone, but I forgot to ask if they were an existing PL rep who picked us up as additional clients or was new to the Private Line.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 4aks
that's sad. I don't know what it was, but I doubt the info was meaningful.

Not like something that would effect the stock price and allow ppl to front-run on insider info.
It was materially insignificant in those terms -- so insignificant that a sensible SEC enforcement division attorney who came across mention of this would be amused at any suggestion of the "leak" or of the change being a materially significant event showing a compliance failure on Hyatt's part.

It was a mention of properties being reassigned in the category charts for awards and perhaps that of the latest official announcement of enhancement to Diamond benefits.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It was materially insignificant in those terms -- so insignificant that a sensible SEC enforcement division attorney who came across mention of this would be amused at any suggestion of the "leak" or of the change being a materially significant event showing a compliance failure on Hyatt's part.

It was a mention of properties being reassigned in the category charts for awards and perhaps that of the latest official announcement of enhancement to Diamond benefits.
Lame. I assume it was a string of issues and appropriate warning was given.

Hyatt is in the service business, and if you want your employees to treat the guests well, they need to be treated well themselves.

The only potentially problematic info that was recently disclosed was that Victor was leaving the chain, so I assume there's some sort of revenue hit from that change.

The moves up and down in the loyalty system are very insignificant, and I'm sure that info 'leaked' a million different ways.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:29 pm

Lame? Releasing private internal communications that, even as you admit, impact revenue is lame?

I guess you don't work in any area of compliance. I do. It could be material and it could not be material. That's not the issue. It was released and posted on a very popular internet BB forcing Hyatt to make the announcement before they had planned. For all we know, it was not completely finalized yet.

I posted back then that it sounded like the rep made an honest mistake, as did the poster who released it, and firing her was harsh.

Let me ask you this.. if you had an internal memo with unreleased plans of what your company was about to do in the marketplace and then released it without permission and it was published, how long do you think you'll keep your job?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:09 pm

I doubt the importance of keeping the draft memo private was communicated, nor that firing would be the consequence. Don't fire ppl that are recognized as otherwise doing a good job for an 'honest mistake' -- fix the circumstances and processes that led to the mistake.

For Hyatt's benefit, I assume there had been appropriate warning and guidance, individualized even.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Lame? Releasing private internal communications that, even as you admit, impact revenue is lame?

I guess you don't work in any area of compliance. I do. It could be material and it could not be material. That's not the issue. It was released and posted on a very popular internet BB forcing Hyatt to make the announcement before they had planned. For all we know, it was not completely finalized yet.

I posted back then that it sounded like the rep made an honest mistake, as did the poster who released it, and firing her was harsh.

Let me ask you this.. if you had an internal memo with unreleased plans of what your company was about to do in the marketplace and then released it without permission and it was published, how long do you think you'll keep your job?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
New rep assigned

I also received a call and an email from my new rep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.