Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Bellevue - last minute low rate strategy?

Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt

My family's coming to visit me in Bellevue WA and we need a couple of 2 night stays in a hotel... wondering if it's worth it to try and wait till last minute to try and get a low rate (and is there a good way to do that? hotels.com?)

Any advice to maximize my dollar appreciated.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Have you checked using the Stay certificates? Otherwise, checkout using the Costco code, or AAA or other discounts. If you want a specific property, you might check on www.betterbidding.com and see if it participates in Hotwire or Priceline.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Stay certificates?

Not sure what that is - I am new to GP...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:55 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
In my experience this property doesn't lower rates at the last minute. The lowest rates tend to be the advance purchase rates if/when they are available.

This property is also a very frequent winner on Priceline and can be had for around $80 (about $100 all-in). Bidding is easy with plenty of rebid zones; do your research on betterbidding.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

PL

Rebid to 120, nada; then i'm getting into stay cert zone.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by baliktad
In my experience this property doesn't lower rates at the last minute. The lowest rates tend to be the advance purchase rates if/when they are available.
I don't think I've ever seen Bellevue, GH Seattle or O8 less than $143. Has it ever gone below that price?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
I've only seen it under $140 for a block of rooms at a meeting that was held there...
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:04 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kenbo
I don't think I've ever seen Bellevue, GH Seattle or O8 less than $143. Has it ever gone below that price?
The Bellevue HR had a long-running special for $125/night in conjunction with Parlor Live, the local comedy club. (This is different than the ongoing special 2-night package that includes show tickets.) I have also seen advance purchase rates here as low as $119.

I don't follow the GH Seattle or O8 properties as closely, but have never seen comparable low rates there.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:38 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by kenbo
I've seen it around $119-125 (weekend) this Spring. The best rates were the $79 rates when they were opening the second tower a couple of years ago.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Summer in Seattle usually sees high rates at all properties. Check the promos/packages and if your folks are 62 or older you could check out the Senior rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.