FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1240648-hyatt-london-do-autumn-2012-sponsored-oct-25-28-2012-a.html)

mnmag Mar 7, 2012 3:56 am

Originally Posted by LeonardvonGrabe (Post 18147002)
Have i understand it right, that i can not choose by myself when the challenge will start?

It´s a solid time from Juli 28 until October 28 ?

Greetings

PS. is there space that i can sign up for it ?

Can you please tell me something more about it

If you have already signed up for a diamond challenge, you can't sign up for another in the same year, AFAIK.

cs1985 Mar 7, 2012 5:47 am

1. Please Add Amex Gala Dinner +1 (partner) cs1985 (name)

Every room gets a raffle ticket right? Because i won´t participate at the virgin experinces...

2. I will bring a partner with me, is the dinner included for both persons ?

Greetings

Originally Posted by mnmag (Post 18151316)
If you have already signed up for a diamond challenge, you can't sign up for another in the same year, AFAIK.

price123 Mar 7, 2012 6:32 am

Originally Posted by cs1985 (Post 18151634)
1. Please Add Amex Gala Dinner +1 (partner) cs1985 (name)

Every room gets a raffle ticket right? Because i won´t participate at the virgin experinces...

2. I will bring a partner with me, is the dinner included for both persons ?

Greetings

Dinner is included for both people. Each room will get a raffle ticket.

cs1985 Mar 7, 2012 6:35 am

Reservation

so i just made the reservation...

when do i have to pay ? at the checkout ?

price123 Mar 7, 2012 6:50 am

Originally Posted by cs1985 (Post 18151852)
so i just made the reservation...

when do i have to pay ? at the checkout ?

Yep. Payment is to the Churchill, as normal with a fully flexible stay.

cs1985 Mar 7, 2012 6:53 am

thank you :-)

can you please tell me, when i get some information from goldpassport because of the diamondstatus ?

It´s really important because i have to book my berlin trip asap ...

cs1985 Mar 7, 2012 7:45 am

Bonus Points

According to the challenge:

are the 30.000 points additional to the points you will get from the 18 nights ?

for example 18 nights (for example all in all 25.000 points) + 30.000 ?

Greetings

jumpdogjump Mar 7, 2012 10:01 am

Originally Posted by cs1985 (Post 18152255)
According to the challenge:

are the 30.000 points additional to the points you will get from the 18 nights ?

for example 18 nights (for example all in all 25.000 points) + 30.000 ?

Greetings

Well, as stated in Post #1..
"Tiered Bonus Challenge
From July 30, 2012 through October 28, 2012, registered Hyatt Gold Passport attendees to the event will be entered into a bonus challenge. They will earn 5,000 points after every three eligible nights, up to a total of 18 nights and 30,000 points. They will then have additional tiers they can meet after the 18
nights. These tiers include:

Number of Eligible Nights Total Bonus Points Awarded
19-29 Nights 25,000 points
30-49 Nights 50,000 points
50-74 Nights 75,000 points
75-90 Nights 100,000 points"

Stay 19 nights in the quarter and pickup 55,000 bonus points. Of course, I was also waiting to read about the 25% Visa bonus, but attendees outside the US might have a wee problem with that...

Gold Passport Concierge Mar 7, 2012 12:35 pm

Dear Flyertalker's,

This promotion is a valid offer for attendees of the London Flyertalk event. The members that attended this event will be enrolled in the challenge which begins on July 30th. We apologize for any confusion regarding this offer.

Safe Travel,

Brock S.

cs1985 Mar 7, 2012 11:43 pm

I´ve got this message this evening

"Good Evening CS1985,

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Hotels and Resorts regarding your Hyatt Gold Passport account; my name is Jennifer Escobar. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

After attending this event you will be enrolled into the Diamond trial.

Thank you for your support of the Hyatt Gold Passport Program. Please feel free to contact our office if I may be of further assistance.

Warm Regards,

GP Gold Passport ....
"

i thought that i will have the diamond trial status from the beginning of the challenge (30.July - 28October) ?!

travelkid Mar 8, 2012 12:33 am

Originally Posted by cs1985 (Post 18158051)
I´ve got this message this evening

"Good Evening CS1985,

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Hotels and Resorts regarding your Hyatt Gold Passport account; my name is Jennifer Escobar. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

After attending this event you will be enrolled into the Diamond trial.

Thank you for your support of the Hyatt Gold Passport Program. Please feel free to contact our office if I may be of further assistance.

Warm Regards,

GP Gold Passport ....
"

i thought that i will have the diamond trial status from the beginning of the challenge (30.July - 28October) ?!

Dont expect general CS to know all details of all minor/local arrangements. Please see t&c on the DO page. You will get the trial before.

price123 Mar 8, 2012 7:02 am

In order to address a few questions I have received:

1) The terms and conditions provided on the website were provided to me by Hyatt Gold Passport. Hyatt customer service may not know about the promotions (yet), but the terms and conditions are correct.

2) The diamond trial begins 30th July. If you register after the 30th July, nights will be counted from the 30th July.

3) All gold and platinum HGP members will be enrolled in the diamond trial (as long as you agree to t+c on website), regardless of whether you have had a trial before.

4) At the start of the trial, those enrolled will receive 4 suite upgrade certificates. If you do not qualify for diamond these will disappear after the trial, although you can use all of them before the trial runs out. If you do qualify, you will receive a further 4 certificates in March 2013.

5) If there are 2 HGP members sharing a room, in order for both to qualify for the HGP promotions, you will need to book 2 2-night stays (1 in each name) and ask the Churchill to link the stays. You must have a qualifying stay hit during the do in order to qualify for the promotions.

6) With regards to the tiered bonus promotion, the bonus points are awarded in one go past 19 nights i.e. night 19 is worth 25,000 points and night 30 is worth 50,000 points - there is no bonus for nights inbetween 19 and 30.

cs1985 Mar 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Question...

Hello :-)

i´m registered for the Do @ the Hyatt London and have already reserved a room.

My question is now:

From the 30. Juli on, i will be enrolled in Diamond Status...
I´m planing to spend 7 nights at the GH Berlin from August 1,-8. August.
and want to use a Diamond Suite Certificate...

When should i reserve/book the Hotel?

When i reserve now, i´m not Diamond but have a room for sure.

Or is it possible to book now the room and they see my updated status when i arrive there?

How can i use then my suite certificate upgrades ?

price123 Mar 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by cs1985 (Post 18179985)
Hello :-)

i´m registered for the Do @ the Hyatt London and have already reserved a room.

My question is now:

From the 30. Juli on, i will be enrolled in Diamond Status...
I´m planing to spend 7 nights at the GH Berlin from August 1,-8. August.
and want to use a Diamond Suite Certificate...

When should i reserve/book the Hotel?

When i reserve now, i´m not Diamond but have a room for sure.

Or is it possible to book now the room and they see my updated status when i arrive there?

How can i use then my suite certificate upgrades ?

I would book now to lock in the rate. They will see your updated status when you use suite upgrade certificate. To use the certificate, you can either phone Hyatt gold passport, or the hotel directly and ask for it to be applied. If you have spare points at the moment, you could upgrade to a suite to make sure one is available, then change to diamond certificate when you receive them in July. If not, I would phone as soon as you get the certificates.

Enjoy GH Berlin. The suites there are great!

cs1985 Mar 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 18180130)
I would book now to lock in the rate. They will see your updated status when you use suite upgrade certificate. To use the certificate, you can either phone Hyatt gold passport, or the hotel directly and ask for it to be applied. If you have spare points at the moment, you could upgrade to a suite to make sure one is available, then change to diamond certificate when you receive them in July. If not, I would phone as soon as you get the certificates.

Enjoy GH Berlin. The suites there are great!

thx,

how can i use the best rate guarantee ?

i´ve seen a much lower price...

so first book/reserve the room and then call hyatt best rate guarantee or call hyatt first ?