Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Jan 11, 12, 5:27 pm
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Please list me as interrested:

SteveDCA
Old Jan 12, 12, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Ambassador
Add me as unconfirmed as I may be in London on business during that period.
Old Jan 13, 12, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
I'm still holding out for the Palm Springs Do....
Old Jan 13, 12, 9:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump View Post
I'm still holding out for the Palm Springs Do....
Where have you been? . I've been hosting a PSP Do annually for the last 9 yrs - but the group may not be what you have in mind
Old Jan 14, 12, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm interested but can't get anything close to that rate using the code?

Friday, October 26 - Sunday, October 28, 2012 (2 Nights)

1 Room, 2 Adults per room
Flyer Talk Grp Rate Details

Friday Saturday
King Room

Room Details Room Photos
294.00 294.00
Total Per Room 588.00 GBP
Additional Charges

20.000 Percent tax
Total After Tax 705.60 GBP
Old Jan 14, 12, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by erik1868 View Post
I'm interested but can't get anything close to that rate using the code?

Friday, October 26 - Sunday, October 28, 2012 (2 Nights)

1 Room, 2 Adults per room
Flyer Talk Grp Rate Details

Friday Saturday
King Room

Room Details Room Photos
294.00 294.00
Total Per Room 588.00 GBP
Additional Charges

20.000 Percent tax
Total After Tax 705.60 GBP

The rate is 294 including VAT, 245 excluding for double occupancy. I have contacted hotel with the problem, but they cannot show the rate excluding VAT (don't know why not). I have a signed contract stating the rate, as well as written confirmation from the hotel. If you are unhappy booking when it says that, I suggest booking by email, so you get the rate confirmed in writing.
Old Feb 1, 12, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I have had confirmation that you can use either suite upgrade certificates or points to upgrade to a suite/club room (even though this is not the daily rate). IT will try to sort out the rate showing online.

I'd also like to state that the prize fund for the raffle is currently at a value of over 11000 (between 18 prizes), and the value of total sponsorship works out at 500/attendee (if 50 attend) or 600/attendee (if 40). Prizes will be limited to one per room - you will only get a ticket if you have paid me for the transfer to Virgin (if you went). We will be asking for donations to 2 funds for people who feel able to do this - 1 fund as a tip for house staff (especially as there is no service charge for dinner), 1 fund to go to St Martin-in-the-Field's charity for homeless people.

If anyone works for a company who may be interested in donating a prize for the raffle, or contribution to a goody bag, please PM me.
Old Feb 1, 12, 6:36 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
I have had confirmation that you can use either suite upgrade certificates or points to upgrade to a suite/club room (even though this is not the daily rate). IT will try to sort out the rate showing online.

I'd also like to state that the prize fund for the raffle is currently at a value of over 11000 (between 18 prizes), and the value of total sponsorship works out at 500/attendee (if 50 attend) or 600/attendee (if 40). Prizes will be limited to one per room - you will only get a ticket if you have paid me for the transfer to Virgin (if you went). We will be asking for donations to 2 funds for people who feel able to do this - 1 fund as a tip for house staff (especially as there is no service charge for dinner), 1 fund to go to St Martin-in-the-Field's charity for homeless people.

If anyone works for a company who may be interested in donating a prize for the raffle, or contribution to a goody bag, please PM me.
That is great news!

Clarification
1) Do you get a raffle ticket only if you are going for the Virgin experience?
2) Can we contribute different amounts for the 2 funds?
Old Feb 1, 12, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
That is great news!

Clarification
1) Do you get a raffle ticket only if you are going for the Virgin experience?
2) Can we contribute different amounts for the 2 funds?
1) No - every room will get a raffle ticket, but if you use transport to Virgin, you will only get it after paying me (I can't be out of pocket for 500-750, although I may have a sponsor for this).

2) Originally I had planned to use contributions first for staff and any left over to charity. However, I think it would be nicer to have separate funds. We will probably put 2 enveloped on each table at dinner and people can then contribute in neither, one or both. It would be nice if people who win a prize feel able to contribute (top prize is worth $4500), but I appreciate that there is a large travel cost for many people to get to the DO, and some may not be able to afford to give anything.
Old Feb 6, 12, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I currently have a slight problem, in that I can't match up the names that the Churchill have given me as people who are booked, with people who have PM'd me saying they have booked.

Please note to attend sponsored events (champagne reception, Virgin, AMEX meal) you must book on the group rate.

Please could you PM me with your name if I don't already have it. At present I can only match 9 names out of 21!
Old Feb 20, 12, 11:17 am
Original Poster

I now have t+c for promotions (these have changed slightly from those originally on first page), which will be on the (new and improved) website http://www.hyattlondondo2012.weebly.com

Prizes are also listed on the website, along with some extra information.
Old Feb 20, 12, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Prizes donated by:

Hyatt Gold Passport
Champneys spas
Antler luggage

Park Hyatt Maldives
Grand Hyatt Muscat
Grand Hyatt Dubai
Hyatt Regency Hua Hin
Grand Hyatt Bangkok
Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Park Hyatt Dubai
Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam
Andaz Wall Street
Hyatt Regency Incheon
Grand Hyatt Kauai
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Park Hyatt Hamburg
Hyatt Regency Warsaw
Park Hyatt Zurich
Andaz London Liverpool Street
Grand Hyatt Singapore
Old Feb 20, 12, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Contributors to swag bag (so far):

Hunger magazine (by Rankin)
Willie's Cacao (fine eating chocolate)
Cable wrap and tidy by Mark Hackwood
Espa (luxury spa brand)
Old Feb 22, 12, 6:58 am
Original Poster

There is a registration form on the websitehttp://www.hyattlondondo2012.weebly.com. You need to fill this in if you want to take part in the Hyatt promotions (because you have to agree to terms and conditions).
Old Feb 22, 12, 10:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by price123 View Post
There is a registration form on the websitehttp://www.hyattlondondo2012.weebly.com. You need to fill this in if you want to take part in the Hyatt promotions (because you have to agree to terms and conditions).
Impressive website.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: