FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1240648-hyatt-london-do-autumn-2012-sponsored-oct-25-28-2012-a.html)

Markie Dec 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 17679872)
Booking will open tomorrow (rate should be loaded then). This can be done either online at www.london.churchill.hyatt.com and using group code G-FTGP or by contacting in house reservations on reservation.hrlondon[at]hyatt.com or on 0207 486 5800.

I might be too early to book, but am getting:

The special offer/rate you have requested is unavailable during the dates selected, or it is not offered at this property. Below is a list of rates available during your requested dates. To check availability for the special offer/rate, please go back and search alternate dates.

myperks Dec 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 17683992)
I might be too early to book, but am getting:

The special offer/rate you have requested is unavailable during the dates selected, or it is not offered at this property. Below is a list of rates available during your requested dates. To check availability for the special offer/rate, please go back and search alternate dates.

the rate is listed as "Flyer talk grp" and the rate is "Rate is confidential".

king room only

seems bookable.

Markie Dec 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by myperks (Post 17684009)
the rate is listed as "Flyer talk grp" and the rate is "Rate is confidential".

king room only

seems bookable.

Whoops - I put the code in the wrong box! Booked now.

Custom Upgrades:
£28 - Afternoon Tea
£50 - Portman Square View
£100 - Club King Room
£100 - Early Check-in
£150 - Early check-out

price123 Dec 24, 2011 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 17684032)
Whoops - I put the code in the wrong box! Booked now.

Custom Upgrades:
£28 - Afternoon Tea
£50 - Portman Square View
£100 - Club King Room
£100 - Early Check-in
£150 - Early check-out

Diamond members will get Club rooms as per usual, and also 2 pm late checkout. You can ask for 4pm but because of the potential number of us it can't be guaranteed.

I've never had afternoon tea, but had brunch for the first time a couple of weeks ago which was fantastic. My OH still fantasises about the cherry pie!

nighthawkrs Dec 24, 2011 1:38 am

I booked it right now, just two questions:
- cancel policy is correct at 24h prior to arrival?
- the rate of 230gbp is the same, no matter if one or two people?

Frequent_Flyer1 Dec 24, 2011 5:15 am

I just tried to book online, but when trying to finalize the reservation I only get the following message: "An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to provide you with rates and availability. Please click here to return to the previous page to submit your request again."

Any ideas? :confused:

EDIT: Oh, it now states: "Our online reservation system is currently unavailable. Please try your request again later." Well, let's wait and see in one hour

holtju2 Dec 24, 2011 8:02 am

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 17684295)
Diamond members will get Club rooms as per usual, and also 2 pm late checkout. You can ask for 4pm but because of the potential number of us it can't be guaranteed.

Diamond members have GUARANTEED 4PM check out per Gold Passport Diamond benefits. Sorry but it is not based on availability.

Frequent_Flyer1 Dec 24, 2011 8:29 am

To keep you updated, the online reservation system is up and running. Just made my reservation, thanks a lot and really looking forward to the event, well, it's still 10 months to go... :p

Merry Christmas to all of you! ;)

crystak Dec 24, 2011 8:43 am

Congratz for sorting everything out, price 123! I think I will be back in the country that week so I've made a booking too. One question - Is a room booked under that code eligible for a diamond suite upgrade?

.. And Happy Christmas everyone!

price123 Dec 24, 2011 11:11 am

Originally Posted by crystak (Post 17685420)
Congratz for sorting everything out, price 123! I think I will be back in the country that week so I've made a booking too. One question - Is a room booked under that code eligible for a diamond suite upgrade?

.. And Happy Christmas everyone!

Yes. It should be eligible. All rates booked on a Hyatt website are eligible for suite upgrade using certificate, but not using points

price123 Dec 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs (Post 17684339)
I booked it right now, just two questions:
- cancel policy is correct at 24h prior to arrival?
- the rate of 230gbp is the same, no matter if one or two people?

Cancellation policy on my contract states 48h prior to arrival. I think as it shows 24h prior to arrival that would have to be honored. I will contact hotel to let them know the conflicting information.

The rate is £230 single occupancy, £245 double occupancy.

price123 Dec 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 17685274)
Diamond members have GUARANTEED 4PM check out per Gold Passport Diamond benefits. Sorry but it is not based on availability.

True. It is only based on availability at resorts - I hadn't known that. I will try to sort it out with hotel.

apollo1066 Dec 25, 2011 4:58 am

Please mark me as interested as well.

peteropny Dec 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 17679872)
Booking will open tomorrow (rate should be loaded then). This can be done either online at www.london.churchill.hyatt.com and using group code G-FTGP or by contacting in house reservations on reservation.hrlondon[at]hyatt.com or on 0207 486 5800.

I've Booked also - but would there be any chance that it could be extended from 24 Oct - 29 Oct instead of "just" 25 Oct - 28 Oct (this could work better for those travelling in from US).

price123 Dec 27, 2011 2:53 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 17695289)
I've Booked also - but would there be any chance that it could be extended from 24 Oct - 29 Oct instead of "just" 25 Oct - 28 Oct (this could work better for those travelling in from US).

Shoulder nights should be available at the same price, so yes that should be possible. I would try contacting hotel reservations to do it as it doesn't seem possible online.