Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Nov 30, 11, 5:50 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
I am confident you will have a good stay. Part of the reason of holding the event at the Churchill is that we have never been disappointed there.

I would be at this do, but I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER step foot into this HORRIBLY managed hotel!

Too bad a great DO, in a GREAT city (wife also loves London) will be ruined by the worst hotel on the face of the earth!

Guess I will have to hope for a DO at the MR County Hall.
Old Nov 30, 11, 6:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Please mark me as interested as well.
Old Nov 30, 11, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post
I would be at this do, but I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER step foot into this HORRIBLY managed hotel!

Too bad a great DO, in a GREAT city (wife also loves London) will be ruined by the worst hotel on the face of the earth!

It does sound like this would not be the ideal DO for you!
Old Dec 1, 11, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post

Sorry you've had a bad experience at the hotel. I agree London is a great city. I am not a very frequent stayer, but probably stay around 20 nights per year at the Churchill and have only good things to say about it, including the management. If you want a DO at the Mariott, why don't you organise one for 2014?

Or, you could give the hotel another try and come to the DO.

Last edited by price123; Dec 1, 11 at 1:13 am
Old Dec 10, 11, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I am delighted to announce that American Express will be sponsoring the gala dinner on Saturday.
Old Dec 10, 11, 5:55 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
I'm also really interested in this event.

Is the date fixed or are there upcoming changes?
Do we have to book the hotel by ourselves?
Are they benefits offered for Diamonds confirmed? Especially the bonus points offer. I will be on the road from July to September, so this would be perfect.
If I would come with a friend or my wife on the same room, does she/he also get the benefits or are the events and promos only for one person per room?

Please out me on "interested", if my questions are positive I will try to fix the date soon.

Thanks for your help and sorry for so many questions!

Last edited by nighthawkrs; Dec 10, 11 at 6:03 am
Old Dec 10, 11, 10:53 am

Cheapest Hyatt daily rate for the nights of the event is up to 280 pounds + 20% VAT. Is the 232 rate mentioned above still available? If so, how does one get it?
Old Dec 10, 11, 10:56 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
thats one of my questions above also, 300 without tax is pretty much, 230 sounds better. How to book this rate?
Old Dec 10, 11, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nighthawkrs View Post
I'm also really interested in this event.

Is the date fixed or are there upcoming changes?
Do we have to book the hotel by ourselves?
Are they benefits offered for Diamonds confirmed? Especially the bonus points offer. I will be on the road from July to September, so this would be perfect.
If I would come with a friend or my wife on the same room, does she/he also get the benefits or are the events and promos only for one person per room?

Please out me on "interested", if my questions are positive I will try to fix the date soon.

Thanks for your help and sorry for so many questions!
Date is now fixed and all is booked. We should complete contracts early next weekso booking will open then. Booking will via an online Hyatt system just for the DO. I have confirmation of offers; terms and conditions should be done by February but the details are in the first post. I will have to ask, but I would guess the promos are for 1 person/room only. The events can be for partners, although I will need to know in advance because of the limit on some events.
Old Dec 10, 11, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
Cheapest Hyatt daily rate for the nights of the event is up to 280 pounds + 20% VAT. Is the 232 rate mentioned above still available? If so, how does one get it?
The rate will be bookable online through the Hyatt's event website. The rate is 230 for single occupancy and 245 for double, excluding VAT, currently at 20%.

To qualify for offers and events, you need to pay for at least 2 nights (the third could be on points).
Old Dec 10, 11, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just met up with Price123 at where else but the Hyatt Churchill and count me in as a definate maybe.
Old Dec 10, 11, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by mauld View Post
Just met up with Price123 at where else but the Hyatt Churchill and count me in as a definate maybe.
Yeah, I'll be there in early February myself. Maybe we should have a pre-do do. I'm usually there 20+ nights a year.

And don't worry too much about VAT being "currently" at 20%, I doubt that it will go up by October.
Old Dec 10, 11, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by price123 View Post
Date is now fixed and all is booked. We should complete contracts early next weekso booking will open then. Booking will via an online Hyatt system just for the DO. I have confirmation of offers; terms and conditions should be done by February but the details are in the first post. I will have to ask, but I would guess the promos are for 1 person/room only. The events can be for partners, although I will need to know in advance because of the limit on some events.
Then count me in, seems interesting and will give me a better impression of London then my fabulous stays at LHR...
Please let me know when booking is possible and conditions, especially for the Hyatt promo for Diamons, are confirmed. I will go ahead then and book the DO and airtravel.
Thanks!

Last edited by nighthawkrs; Dec 10, 11 at 3:31 pm
Old Dec 11, 11, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Mauld: was great to meet you yesterday. Hope you have a good flight back today.
RichardinSF: let me know when you are here in Feb and I'll see if I'm around.
Old Dec 23, 11, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Booking will open tomorrow (rate should be loaded then). This can be done either online at www.london.churchill.hyatt.com and using group code G-FTGP or by contacting in house reservations on reservation.hrlondon[at]hyatt.com or on 0207 486 5800.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: