Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Oct 26, 12, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
god natt!
^
Old Oct 26, 12, 12:03 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Amazingly, the forecast is not for rain!
It didn't rain, it drizzled.

Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
Virgin session is indoor/outdoor? (I mean not the private one in our suite)
Hyde park is nearby.

Great to meet everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the champagne reception.

Goodnight, guten abend or god natt!
How about 晚 安?
Old Oct 27, 12, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Thumbs up Thanks for a great DO!

We had a great 3-day DO here at the Hyatt Churchill. Many thanks to Jenny and Andy Price for organizing such a great event--we loved the reception, day at Virgin Atlantic, wonderful dinner from American Express and meeting so many great people. It was also great to support the St Martin's Center--it is a worthy charity.
We are thrilled with our raffle prize of 3 nights at the Hyatt Hua Hin. We hope to see you all at the Abu-Dhabi/Maldives Do in August.

Cheers, Mary Anne and Don, AKA Silver Springer and Mr. Silver Springer.
Old Oct 28, 12, 3:09 am

My first FT DO and I was very impressed. Fun meeting so many mileage junkies. The events were wonderful and the trip to Virgin was lots of fun.

Thank you Jenny! Looking forward to our three day stay in Oman now.
Old Oct 28, 12, 12:18 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
What a Great DO (Gathering)

Thank you for ALL the sponsors: Virgin Atlantic, Hyatt Hotel and resorts and others who I cannot mention one by one.

It was a wonderful evening and what a great gathering it was! Special Thanks to Jenny and other event organizer. Happy belated birthday btw Jenny!
Old Oct 28, 12, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Great job Jenny^ And happy birthday of course:-:

Back at base camp here. Noticed several mentioned they might not be able to use the prices of free nights. Im planning a few RTW adventures, so pls PM if you would be interested in trading- as per organizers wish only internally.

Thanks to all^

And btw, consider acting on my signature line-
Old Oct 29, 12, 2:20 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
First of all, I want to thank Jenny and Andy for all the great and time consuming work they did, it was a great event! Also many thanks to the sponsors who made it happen!

If anyone is interested in exchanging his free nights feel free to contact me, I'm traveling quite a lot ( what a surprise ) and have free spots for leisure or business extensions during the next months. I can offer the dinner voucher for Zurich or something we can discuss in exchange. Intern only as told!

I'm looking forward to meet again, it was a lot of fun!
Old Oct 29, 12, 3:15 pm

Programs: SK*G, Club Carlson Concierge, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I would also like to thank Jenny, Andy and the sponsors for arranging such a great event. This was my first DO and I was very impressed!

Unfortunately, I am not sure if I am able to use my 2 night’s bed and breakfast in Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro before the certificate expires, so please PM me if you would be interested in trading.
Old Oct 29, 12, 3:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I want to add our thanks to Jenny and Andy for the very well organized and enjoyable event. I'm still astounded by the sponsorship that you were able to arrange.
Old Oct 30, 12, 5:48 am
Suspended

Remember also;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...sponsored.html

Hyatt has of course again done a great job. I did my best (after amounts of free drinks) to fill out the feedback forms. If possible any finds that can be shared would be appreciated. Especially scores on main sponsors.

For me the main benefit was the diamond trial, and after some battling I went all in, and fulfilled it. Would it be possible to share how many of the around 30 official participants who passed the challenge?

I had 2 seperate stays at Churchill and one at Andaz, 4 minute walk from Fridays dinner. Andaz posted perfect, while both Churchill stays posted with the points for the ineligible tax portion only, as well not giving stay credit.

A quick call to the great diamond CS line, solved it quickly and posted correct while on the line. She reversed the eligible/non eligible total and added stay credit. The 19th night made a sweet 25K bonus as well.

If lucky enough points post shortly to be used for PH MLE passport escape

T&C Please allow 6-8 weeks after October 28, 2012 for Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points to be credited to your account.
Old Oct 30, 12, 5:54 am
Suspended

Got to think about that it was unfair the organizers didnt win anything!! They probably didnt even enter.

If anyone has prices they cant use- or trade internally, maybe birthday present to [email protected]:-)
Old Oct 30, 12, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Got to think about that it was unfair the organizers didnt win anything!! They probably didnt even enter.
No we didn't enter. Although we got a member of staff to draw names, it wouldn't have been great if we had won 2 of the better prizes. Also, we did it so everyone eligible won a prize.

Last edited by price123; Oct 30, 12 at 7:40 am
Old Oct 30, 12, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Hyatt has of course again done a great job. I did my best (after amounts of free drinks) to fill out the feedback forms. If possible any finds that can be shared would be appreciated. Especially scores on main sponsors.
I am starting to go through the feedback and will share what I can on the event's website.

For me the main benefit was the diamond trial, and after some battling I went all in, and fulfilled it. Would it be possible to share how many of the around 30 official participants who passed the challenge?
I don't know how many people passed the challenge. However, I have been told that Gold Passport will not offer any more small-level promotions beyond SMD4, so we will not be able to get the extra points/diamond trial next year. Having said that, we are negotiating with the hotel to get extra points.

I had 2 seperate stays at Churchill and one at Andaz, 4 minute walk from Fridays dinner. Andaz posted perfect, while both Churchill stays posted with the points for the ineligible tax portion only, as well not giving stay credit.

A quick call to the great diamond CS line, solved it quickly and posted correct while on the line. She reversed the eligible/non eligible total and added stay credit. The 19th night made a sweet 25K bonus as well.
Yep, famout Hyatt IT. I suggest people check accounts (especially with having to convert currency) and phone/email/PM HGP if a problem.

If lucky enough points post shortly to be used for PH MLE passport escape
At least you got the PH MLE prize, although of course the longer the stay the better!

Last edited by price123; Oct 30, 12 at 7:40 am
Old Oct 30, 12, 7:50 am
Original Poster

For any UK attendees, who missed the AMEX Gold card offer, see here - it is open for a couple more days.
Old Oct 30, 12, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
My points were also wrong, but my Private Line agent fixed them PDQ and they are all OK now.

Thanks for organising this - I have posted the review of my first day - http://boardingarea.com/blogs/milesf...er-2012-day-1/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: