Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Sep 25, 12, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Checking to see if rate corrections have been made yet

Originally Posted by price123 View Post
The Churchill is sorting out the rate for all of you who contacted me about the incorrect rate. Let me know if anyone else'screservation shows incorrect rate.
Hi. Have corrections be made yet for folks with the incorrect rate? It has only been two days but I am just checking as mine has not yet been corrected.

Cheers!

Last edited by Markie; Sep 25, 12 at 10:09 pm
Old Sep 26, 12, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
There is currently 1 space for 4030 if anyone else wishes to come instead of the activity at the British Museum.
Old Sep 26, 12, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by silver springer View Post
Hi. Have corrections be made yet for folks with the incorrect rate? It has only been two days but I am just checking as mine has not yet been corrected.

Cheers!
Hi. I sent the Churchill another email today referencing the flyertalk contract rate of 294 for a double including VAT. They did make the correction.
Old Sep 26, 12, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by silver springer View Post
Hi. I sent the Churchill another email today referencing the flyertalk contract rate of 294 for a double including VAT. They did make the correction.
I have been informed that everyone should now be on he correct rate.

If anyone has registered and cannot come please let me know so that I can free the space for other people.
Old Sep 29, 12, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Have had a couple of questions about dress-code. I have put below what we will be wearing as a guideline but I want people to feel comfortable.

- Champagne reception: smart casual (i.e. no trainers/shorts etc, but jeans and collared shirt/smartish top fine).

- Any day activites e.g. focus group: casual is fine

- Virgin Atlantic: trainers and tracksuit style trousers - you need to be able to move ok, also clothes you don't care about too much (was advice I was given). Overalls will be provided.

- British Museum visit: smart casual

- 4030: smart (i.e. minimum collared shirt and jacket for men, cocktail dress or smart trousers/skirt for ladies).

- Gala dinner: smart-casual erring towards smart. If you feel like going all out and wearing a tux, that's fine

- Brunch: smart casual
Old Sep 29, 12, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Also, for any lurkers, there are spaces for everything except the AMEX-sponsored dinner on the Saturday night.
Old Sep 29, 12, 7:55 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL/CCR, IC Plat A, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Plat, regularly in FS & RC
It would be great if anyone with spare amenity kits (especially blindfolds and unused ear plugs) could bring them to donate to St Martin's.
I just did have a look around at house and I'm more than happy to bring along such things. One question regarding this as we do have some amenity kits that are not entirely complete: is bringing along unused socks from those kits also fine? And is there any use for empty kits too (so just the bags)?
Old Sep 29, 12, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1 View Post
I just did have a look around at house and I'm more than happy to bring along such things. One question regarding this as we do have some amenity kits that are not entirely complete: is bringing along unused socks from those kits also fine? And is there any use for empty kits too (so just the bags)?
To be honest, I think even used socks are ok - they can be washed. Incomplete kits are fine, also any mini toiletries, shaving kits etc. I don't know if there is any use for just the bag - maybe bring if you have room but not if you don't. I can check with St Martins, but can't currently think of a use for them.
Old Oct 4, 12, 2:46 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
British Museum for drinks and canapes

What a great DO!

Any idea how everyone is planning to get to the British Museum for drinks and canapes ?
Old Oct 4, 12, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs View Post
What a great DO!

Any idea how everyone is planning to get to the British Museum for drinks and canapes ?
I will provide directions and map for everyone. Is only 1.5 miles so easy to walk, or cheap in a taxi (~8). Central line from marble arch is also possible.
Old Oct 8, 12, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Not new. Terms and conditions say to allow 6-8 weeks after october 28th for points to show on account (although i would hope it would be quicker than that). Promotions are only for people who attend the do. Only way to confirm this is to award after the event. Also, I guess the points are added manually so they will only want to do it once.
Just a clarification question -- is the October 28th date include that night (as in if one has a 'stay' checking in on the 28th night & checks out on the 29th) -- does that stay count under the promotion?
Old Oct 8, 12, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnmag View Post
Just a clarification question -- is the October 28th date include that night (as in if one has a 'stay' checking in on the 28th night & checks out on the 29th) -- does that stay count under the promotion?
Check out 29th October is last day for promotions according to a recent clarification email I received. So yes, checkin 28th and out on 29th would count as a night.
Old Oct 8, 12, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Check out 29th October is last day for promotions according to a recent clarification email I received. So yes, checkin 28th and out on 29th would count as a night.
great -- thanks for the quick response!
Old Oct 8, 12, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Ambassador
Sorry to bail on this, my business trip just got ppd (well at least the part that would have taken me to London). Maybe next time...
Old Oct 9, 12, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

1) still some menu choices haven't been submitted. You will get a meal of my choice if you do not submit your meal choice through the website booking rom.

2) I have good news and bad news re brunch. The bad news is that it turns out the cost should be 50pp as they can't just take the difference between breakfast and brunch (as we originally told). The good news is that our company driven2travel will pay the difference between the advertised 30 and actual 50, for those who have already said they are interested in brunch.

3) I still haven't had everyone's travel details or whether people want to visit charity or British museum.

4) if you haven't seen, we have opened booking for our next event in August 2013: Abu dhabi and Maldives, Hyatt again. www.megado.co.uk

Search this Thread
Search Engine: