Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Sep 21, 12, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by silver springer View Post
Can we use Hyatt gift cards to pay for some of the bill?
No.

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/P...Locations.aspx
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
The email today raised the price for two people in a room from 294 pounds to 352.80 pounds. I sent an email inquiry on this change

okay here is the response from the Hyatt econcierge- there was a new tax of 20% on reservations. What?
The reservation update I received had no explanation. Can members in the UK validate this increase and whether the increase can be added to existing reservations? This is incredible!

Last edited by Markie; Sep 22, 12 at 4:03 am
Old Sep 21, 12, 10:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I think the change is the way the VAT is quoted - before it was the rate + the 20% VAT - now its VAT inclusive - my 249 to 294 works out that way. Your 352 is wrong - should be 294.
Old Sep 22, 12, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
The email today raised the price for two people in a room from 294 pounds to 352.80 pounds. I sent an email inquiry on this change

okay here is the response from the Hyatt econcierge- there was a new tax of 20% on reservations. What?
The reservation update I received had no explanation. Can members in the UK validate this increase and whether the increase can be added to existing reservations? This is incredible!
I will ask someone a hotel to contact you. The rate you pay will be 294 (I have signed contract so that won't be changed). The only change is that by law the hotel must quote all prices inclusive of 20% vat, whereas they used to quote exclusive (blame intercontinental group who got done by advertising standards agency).

If anyone who doesn't now show rate of 276/294 can send me their reservation number and name (my laptop with all my info is at home) I will get it sorted on Monday.

Last edited by Markie; Sep 22, 12 at 4:03 am
Old Sep 22, 12, 2:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
The only change is that by law the hotel must quote all prices inclusive of 20% vat, whereas they used to quote exclusive (blame intercontinental group who got done by advertising standards agency).
A great move for customers to avoid any confusion of final price.
Old Sep 22, 12, 3:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
A great move for customers to avoid any confusion of final price.
The e-Concierge emails were devoid of information, but the hotel promptly responded to my enquiry that the changes were to reflect the VAT-inclusive rates.

ALSO, the banner "An additional 20% Government Value Added Tax will be added to the room rate." has now been removed from the reservation page, just in the last hour or so.

I too always prefer tax-inclusive rates; makes life simpler.
Old Sep 22, 12, 4:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
I had the same thing happen - remained on the correct - but now VAT inclusive rate.
Old Sep 22, 12, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Thanks for checking into this Jen!

I will ask someone a hotel to contact you. The rate you pay will be 294 (I have signed contract so that won't be changed). The only change is that by law the hotel must quote all prices inclusive of 20% vat, whereas they used to quote exclusive (blame intercontinental group who got done by advertising standards agency).

If anyone who doesn't now show rate of 276/294 can send me their reservation number and name (my laptop with all my info is at home) I will get it sorted on Monday.
Thanks I sent you my confirmation number and a text I received from the Churchill today that claimed the 352.80 was the correct rate.
Old Sep 22, 12, 9:24 am

The hotel sent me a revised reservation with the 352 rate as well. I'm sending you our confirmation. Thanks
Old Sep 22, 12, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just to say that my contact's replied and the rate was corrected.
Old Sep 24, 12, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
The Churchill is sorting out the rate for all of you who contacted me about the incorrect rate. Let me know if anyone else'screservation shows incorrect rate.

It would be great if anyone with spare amenity kits (especially blindfolds and unused ear plugs) could bring them to donate to St Martin's.

American Express has organised a great activity for Friday evening. This is drinks and canapés at the British Museum followed by entry to the Shakespeare exhibition 'staging the world.' There is space for 32 people so let me know if you want to come. People who take part in the focus group have priority access.

I will post an up to date itinerary below.
Old Sep 24, 12, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Thursday 25th October
check into hotel on 8th floor at Regency Club reception
19:00-21:00 - champagne reception in the Library Suite, kindly sponsored by the Churchill
Swag bags given out at champagne reception

Friday 26th October
09:30-11:00 - American Express focus group in the Spencer Suite
12:00 - transport leaves to Virgin Atlantic for safety training
19:00 - drinks and canapes at the British Museum, followed by Shakespeare exhibition, generously sponsored by American Express
or 19:15 - transport leaves to 4030

Saturday 27th October
10:00 - time set aside for Hyatt
14:15 - tour of St Martin-in-the-Fields charity for homeless people
19:00 - welcome to the gala dinner from American Express outside the Library Suite
19:30 - gala dinner in the Library Suite, kindly sponsored by American Express
Prize draw after the dinner - donations to St Martin's in cash or through Just Giving website. Also a collection for staff gratuity

Sunday 28th October
12:30 - brunch
Depart at leisure

On check-in, you will receive an envelope containing any necessary information and tickets for events you have registered and been allocated space for. You will need these tickets to get into each event.
Old Sep 24, 12, 2:03 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
It would be great if anyone with spare amenity kits (especially blindfolds and unused ear plugs) could bring them to donate to St Martin's.
Will look around my house, I am pretty sure we have tons of blindfolds.

How many did you need?
Old Sep 24, 12, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
Will look around my house, I am pretty sure we have tons of blindfolds.

How many did you need?
As many as possible I think. A British Airline (which will remain nameless) provided large boxes of the things but have recently withdrawn all support. The Churchill already give old bedding to a shelter but if they have any extra will give it to St Martins. Blindfolds are great when people are sleeping in a shelter, or to block light when out on the street. Ditto earplugs. I haven't had a reply yet whether toiletries are useful but I would presume they are.
Old Sep 25, 12, 6:56 am
Original Poster

I have made a brunch booking for 30 people. We will not all be seated together, but at least 30 people can eat brunch on tables of 2-8. I will put a list on the website of people I have confirmed for brunch. I am sorry if you are not on the list but I have tried to do it fairly.

If you are not on the list, you are welcome to make your own reservation separately by email to montagu.hrlondon[at]hyatt.com.

If you decide not to come to brunch, please let me know as there is a charge for people who do not turn up (48 h cancellation policy).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: