Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Sep 12, 12, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
Good day,

While I know it is unlikely for me to do this, I am keeping an open mind.

I am thinking of heading down to AMS to stay for a night at the new Andaz AMS, which is slated for a soft launch middle/end Oct, after this DO. I may do this either before or after the DO depending on the flight availability.

I just wondering out loud if anyone else is going down too or keen to.
Nice idea and you might get the Andaz to do a good rate. We can't join you for work reasons but would love to see the property.

For people thinking of things to do, the Diwali festival in Trafalgar Square is on the 28th Oct - I have never been but could be of interest?
Old Sep 18, 12, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Another reminder that I need your menu choices soon - here. If you are coming +1 I need names of both people.

You can also let me know your travel plans to see if anyone is on the same flight as you or wants to share a taxi from LHR for example - here

Also, that I need people for the focus group. AMEX are offering an evening activity (for 32 people), so people who participate in the focus group will have priority access to this.

Lastly (for now) I have organised a tour of the Connection at St Martin-in-the-Fields for Saturday afternoon (2:15-3:15). This is the charity that we will be supporting with the prize draw, so it's a great opportunity to find out how your donations will help. Please let me know if you wish to come so we have a better idea of numbers.
Old Sep 18, 12, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
Another reminder that I need your menu choices soon - here. If you are coming +1 I need names of both people.

You can also let me know your travel plans to see if anyone is on the same flight as you or wants to share a taxi from LHR for example - here

Also, that I need people for the focus group. AMEX are offering an evening activity (for 32 people), so people who participate in the focus group will have priority access to this.

Lastly (for now) I have organised a tour of the Connection at St Martin-in-the-Fields for Saturday afternoon (2:15-3:15). This is the charity that we will be supporting with the prize draw, so it's a great opportunity to find out how your donations will help. Please let me know if you wish to come so we have a better idea of numbers.
I thought I had submitted menu choices, but can't remember -- so I filled it out!

Yes, I am interested in the tour of the charity on Sat.!
Old Sep 19, 12, 3:34 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by mnmag View Post
I thought I had submitted menu choices, but can't remember -- so I filled it out!

Yes, I am interested in the tour of the charity on Sat.!
there are two menu choices
1) Gherkin
2) Gala dinner

Old Sep 19, 12, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHalltheway View Post
there are two menu choices
1) Gherkin
2) Gala dinner

The meal at the Gherkin is on Friday night. The gala dinner is on Saturday night.
Old Sep 19, 12, 10:09 pm

Programs: UAmm, Hyatt Plat,Marriott Gold, AA EXP
Amex Focus Group

I would like to attend the focus group. Friday morning @ 10:00am?
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:02 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by price123 View Post
Costs:
230+VAT/night B+B (single occupancy) or 245+ (double occupancy).
I just got a confirmation "update" from the hotel which raised the nightly rate to 294 (+VAT I presume). I'm booked for 4 nights and have a confirmed suite upgrade applied.
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
I just got a confirmation "update" from the hotel which raised the nightly rate to 294 (+VAT I presume). I'm booked for 4 nights and have a confirmed suite upgrade applied.
That's better than mine, which just changed to the Hyatt Daily Rate of 352.80 GBP.

I don't expect any issue in getting the rate back after a quick call or email.
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:41 am

Greetings from Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill.

Thank you for your e-mail. With reference to the below, please note that we have gone through a system update and now all the Rates are including VAT so the updated reservation confirmation you have received is the orginal Rate now including VAT. I am sorry for any confusion caused.

Should you have any queries, or if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
peteropny, sounds like you are good, and I have a couple more emails in my future
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Hmm, mine was raised to 331.20 and I also have a suite upgrade confirmed. Should we all send them an email?

EDIT: qbrain, the previous rates should have included the VAT as well because the non-VAT rate was 230 for single and 245 for double occupancy. It seems that the VAT has been added twice, at least to my confirmation email.
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by crystak View Post
Hmm, mine was raised to 331.20 and I also have a suite upgrade confirmed. Should we all send them an email?

EDIT: Ah thanks qbrain, that's a relief !
crystak Based on your rate, I assume that you had a single occupancy that had the Flyer Talk rate changed to Hyatt Daily Rate when the reservation was updated with the suite?

Give me a couple more minutes, but I think I can give you decent directions on how to get it fixed with one email once mine is officially correct.
Old Sep 21, 12, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by qbrain View Post
crystak Based on your rate, I assume that you had a single occupancy that had the Flyer Talk rate changed to Hyatt Daily Rate when the reservation was updated with the suite?

Give me a couple more minutes, but I think I can give you decent directions on how to get it fixed with one email once mine is officially correct.
Thanks qbrain, but don't worry. I've just sent a reply to my contact who had previously confirmed that the 276 VAT inclusive rate is correct. I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out .
Old Sep 21, 12, 10:40 am

Rates should now be inclusive in VAT our your reservation based on my recent emails with The Churchill.

If your rate changed from FLYER TALK GRP to HYATT DAILY RATE, forward a copy of your last correct confirmation email and include the correct rate information in your friendly request to correct the reservation. I started by sending the last (wrong) confirmation, which just showed the Hyatt daily rate and resulted in needing another round of emails.

Everything was very quickly and easily resolved with email. I love when I don't have to make a phone call. ^ The Churchill
Old Sep 21, 12, 11:37 am
Original Poster

The Churchill is currently having to change all rates to include VAT (now a legal requirement) but have to do this manually. Your rate will still be 230+VAT (=276) or 245+ (294). If this shows incorrectly, email the Churchill and they will sort it out. I would like to pass on the Churchill's apology for this.
Old Sep 21, 12, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
My price went up today too

The email today raised the price for two people in a room from 294 pounds to 352.80 pounds. I sent an email inquiry on this.

Can we use Hyatt gift cards to pay for some of the bill? It says that they can be used in the US and caribbean but have people used them in London? Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: