Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I think everything necessary has been said and I'm sorry if things are unclear.

In order to attend the event, I made it clear that a minimum 2 night stay on the group rate was necessary, and that if you wanted to take part in HGP promotions, you had to register online to agree to t+c. The t+c were written by HGP, not me. I agree that it may have been better to have the promotions after the event and I made this point, but I'm sure that there was good reason for doing it before.

As for what happens if someone cancels their London reservation? I would say it is within HGP's right to not award any bonus points and to revert the account to the status it was before the event. I would not be surprised if status continued, as a goodwill gesture on HGP's account, but I doubt bonus points would be awarded, especially with the overlap for the general promo.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by price123
especially with the overlap for the general promo.
I did mean to ask about that. The T&C state

Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers.
but in my experience Hyatt stacks promotions even though their T&C say they can't. Anything official on if our promo stacks with the public promo?

I have not run all the numbers, so I am not sure it affects my stays, so let's call it a hypothetical.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by qbrain
I did mean to ask about that. The T&C state

but in my experience Hyatt stacks promotions even though their T&C say they can't. Anything official on if our promo stacks with the public promo?

I have not run all the numbers, so I am not sure it affects my stays, so let's call it a hypothetical.
nothing official - I just know in the past promos have been stackable and I would have thought it beyond Hyatt IT not to make it so. I'll check and let you know.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
nothing official - I just know in the past promos have been stackable and I would have thought it beyond Hyatt IT not to make it so. I'll check and let you know.
Thanks, Jenny!^
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked air - great deal PHL-LHR $486!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Price123 and I have now set up the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/londonhyattdo

Check it out and hit 'Like' to automatically get news & updates or to arrange meet ups/ lounge guesting, etc. if you are a Facebook user .
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I don't see this being answered before, so I apologize if it has been -

I'm in London on the evening of Thurs the 25th. Would it be possible to attend the events that evening, but not the rest?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEAUAKID
I don't see this being answered before, so I apologize if it has been -

I'm in London on the evening of Thurs the 25th. Would it be possible to attend the events that evening, but not the rest?
The only way to attend any sponsored events is to spend 2 nights at the Churchill on the group rate. Thus to attend the champagne reception on the Thursday night, you would need to spend 2 nights at the Churchill (between 24th and 29th October).
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:10 am
Original Poster

I have had confirmation that you can take part in the concurrent bonus points promotions at the same time i.e. nights you stay in September and October will earn bonus points on both the promotion for all HGP members and the promotion only for people attending the event.

Nights for the event's promotion will be calculated in the week following the do and should be awarded by mid-November.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I have had confirmation that you can take part in the concurrent bonus points promotions at the same time i.e. nights you stay in September and October will earn bonus points on both the promotion for all HGP members and the promotion only for people attending the event.

Nights for the event's promotion will be calculated in the week following the do and should be awarded by mid-November.
^

Thanks for all the hard work price!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Much to my surprise I may actually be in London at this time. However Hyatt will have to woo this Plat away from Marriott. Room upgrade or lounge access would be a good place to start.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Much to my surprise I may actually be in London at this time. However Hyatt will have to woo this Plat away from Marriott. Room upgrade or lounge access would be a good place to start.
Well, if you attend the do and spend 2 nights on the group rate at the Churchill, you will qualify for the Hyatt promotions and will have diamond status until Feb 2013. This will give you a club room and lounge access, as well as 4 suite upgrade certificates, although bear in mind we may have booked all the Churchills suites already! But yes, upgrade and lounge access would be granted.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

excellent!^
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:35 am
Original Poster

In answer to a PM I received, but info may be useful for others:

The last night to count for the promotions is check-in 28th October.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Post DO trip

Good day,

While I know it is unlikely for me to do this, I am keeping an open mind.

I am thinking of heading down to AMS to stay for a night at the new Andaz AMS, which is slated for a soft launch middle/end Oct, after this DO. I may do this either before or after the DO depending on the flight availability.

I just wondering out loud if anyone else is going down too or keen to.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Sep 11, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.