Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Makes total sense to me, and am not surprised that this would be the way this special promo would be implemented!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by price123
Not new. Terms and conditions say to allow 6-8 weeks after october 28th for points to show on account (although i would hope it would be quicker than that). Promotions are only for people who attend the do. Only way to confirm this is to award after the event. Also, I guess the points are added manually so they will only want to do it once.
Makes sense, except that if you have invested lots of stays into Hyatt and gets sick for the DO, and have to cancel the fully cancellable DO room- you wont get the bonus. This does not seem clear- or fair. Will you also loose the diamond trial status, and any suite upgrades you have applied to future stays etc?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelkid
Makes sense, except that if you have invested lots of stays into Hyatt and gets sick for the DO, and have to cancel the fully cancellable DO room- you wont get the bonus. This does not seem clear- or fair. Will you also loose the diamond trial status, and any suite upgrades you have applied to future stays etc?
Subject to price123's confirmation (w/HGP), I believe the bonus points issue is separate from the diamond trial (limited in duration). IME, it comes down to fulfilling the T&C's of the offer -- so if, for any reason, you unable to fulfill the required 2 nts @ the Churchill during the DO, HGP is not going to award the bonus pts, but if you fulfill the 18 stays in 90 days, it would appear that you would get your diamond status extended, as listed in the offer.

As for the suite upgrades, anything that is 'consumed' (ie. applied) should probably be ok, -- similar to to existing diamonds who apply their suite upgrades to future stays before the status year expires.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mnmag
Subject to price123's confirmation (w/HGP), I believe the bonus points issue is separate from the diamond trial (limited in duration). IME, it comes down to fulfilling the T&C's of the offer -- so if, for any reason, you unable to fulfill the required 2 nts @ the Churchill during the DO, HGP is not going to award the bonus pts, but if you fulfill the 18 stays in 90 days, it would appear that you would get your diamond status extended, as listed in the offer.

As for the suite upgrades, anything that is 'consumed' (ie. applied) should probably be ok, -- similar to to existing diamonds who apply their suite upgrades to future stays before the status year expires.
I agree its absolutely fair- as long as its clear. And to me this was a new twist. But it doesnt affect me in any way, not only because Im going to the DO, but also as I wont get the bonus points. I cancelled my planned 13 nights at Asia Hyatts when Diamond status didnt show up in time. It was too much of a hassle to have everything added manually to multiple hotels. Easier to use IC RA and HH diamond, adding the great CC promo
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:45 am
Suspended

As per the DO site;

"From July 30, 2012 through October 28, 2012, registered Hyatt Gold Passport attendees to the event will be entered into a bonus challenge. They will earn 5,000 points after every three eligible nights, up to a total of 18 nights and 30,000 points"

The term "registered attendees" is used, which is excactly the same term used for the Diamond trial clause- which by the way is not updated to reflect current conditions. If they were registered attendees at time of stay I would say terms met. Not only is it the natural meaning of the sentence- IMO, but also makes the different parts consistent.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

travelkid- is there a reason now that you believe that you will not be able to fulfill the 2 nt stay @ the Churchill during the DO, -- or is this totally hypothetical?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:36 am
Suspended

But it doesnt affect me in any way, not only because Im going to the DO....
travelkid- is there a reason now that you believe that you will not be able to fulfill the 2 nt stay @ the Churchill during the DO, -- or is this totally hypothetical?
No reason to be confused (about me- not the t&c).

See quote above. My only concern was that it may affect others, as this is a way of enforcing t&cs Ive never seen. But maybe Hyatt will post bonus points after all, if this become an issue. I guess most DOs have some cancellations.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
It's a great promo IMHO and one that I am going to use. I certainly think it fair that I get the points if I do the stay - the two are totally interconnected.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No reason to be confused (about me- not the t&c).

See quote above. My only concern was that it may affect others, as this is a way of enforcing t&cs Ive never seen. But maybe Hyatt will post bonus points after all, if this become an issue. I guess most DOs have some cancellations.
IIUC, this promo was specially negotiated for this DO byprice123 on our behalf, so the particulars of the promo are specific to this DO. I would assume that all the processing of the various aspects or the promo - is manual (unlike the program-wide promos by HGP), -- as is true w/other special promos Hyatt has done as a sponsor (SMDs, for example), so the 'delay' issue is not at all unfamiliar to those who have participated in FT DOs w/special promos associated with them.

I would just suggest patience with all of this, post-DO, I trust that the proper info. will be passed on to HGP at the conclusion of the weekend. The last thing Jenny needs is to be bombarded w/PMs & impatient whining as soon as the DO concludes in Oct.!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
It's a great promo IMHO and one that I am going to use. I certainly think it fair that I get the points if I do the stay - the two are totally interconnected.
In that case the promo should have run after the DO to avoid confusion. Or have come with a big warning. Its very expensive (if you have relied on bonus and booked many stays) to become ill when such important details are well hidden and unclear in t&c. My point being that earning your points based on some future act/stay is uncertain and uncommon.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally agree! I know you understand how HGP works re: special promos!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
In that case the promo should have run after the DO to avoid confusion. Or have come with a big warning. Its very expensive (if you have relied on bonus and booked many stays) to become ill when such important details are well hidden and unclear in t&c. My point being that earning your points based on some future act/stay is uncertain and uncommon.
Not really, often you earn points based on a certain number of stays - if I am sick and only make say two of the three required stays then that's my problem. If you can point to where it says the stay was not required then I might have more sympathy. In my case, I am paying to stay in a hotel in the city where I live when I have a perfectly good bedroom, so that I can enjoy the events and the promo. I think the organiser has done a great deal here and am disappointed by your view of this.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No it's not expensive when you have to cancel.... You will only miss some EXTRA bonus point that you wouldn't have gotten any other way. And you will probably also have enjoyed Diamond status that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Why all the complaining....
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:18 am
Suspended

Not really, often you earn points based on a certain number of stays - if I am sick and only make say two of the three required stays then that's my problem. If you can point to where it says the stay was not required then I might have more sympathy. In my case, I am paying to stay in a hotel in the city where I live when I have a perfectly good bedroom, so that I can enjoy the events and the promo. I think the organiser has done a great deal here and am disappointed by your view of this.
No need to be disappointed. Im only raising a question about something not clear- IMHO- in the T&C, where a later statement and possible clarification made me wonder, as that was not how I had read T&C. You are absolutely right that if a promo says bonus after 3 stays, you wont get it after 2 stays failing to do the third being sick or whatever.

But in this case the bonus tiers are laid out without that specific and clear requirement, and you have possibly invested 50-100 nights at worst. Not your 2 of 3 example I would say.

Originally Posted by RTW1
No it's not expensive when you have to cancel.... You will only miss some EXTRA bonus point that you wouldn't have gotten any other way. And you will probably also have enjoyed Diamond status that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Why all the complaining....
You may have read posts from someone on my ignore list, as you reference to "all complaining". As noted I have only raised a techical question on t&c, as to me it seems a possible unfair practice.

Point being that choosing Hyatt to other brands who would give far better value without Hyatt bonus points. Of course you would enjoy diamond benefits, but people have different other statuses etc. YMMV. The risk involved here would have been a key element to consider for me making these months hotel plans. I always like to go for the safe choice

I have even said such lack of posting would be fair, but people should have been notified/warned clearly. And no doubt great work by the organizer for the DO in any case.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by price123
You are welcome to attend the do to participate in promotions even if you cannot get a space on sponsored activities.

To attend, you must a) have a reservation at the Churchill for a minimum of 2 nights on the group rate and b) register online here.
The verbiage on the website states each of the different promotions is for "attendees".

I don't think there is anything unclear about the intent of how to qualify for the promotions.

or is this totally hypothetical?
This does seem like a search for hypothetical edge cases that would still qualify for the promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.