Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012

Old Jul 21, 12, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
For those of you undecided about brunch, we have a brief review here (unfortunately we forgot our camera so pictures are from iPhone).

Last edited by price123; Jul 22, 12 at 9:38 am
Old Jul 22, 12, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Just an update for anyone watching this thread. Due to some people not being sure if they can make it (thus moving to waitlist to make room for anyone who can attend), there are a couple of spaces available for the champagne reception and for the Virgin day.

If you want to come, and it promises to be a great do, register online here and book a room on the Churchill's website using G-FTGP (minimum 2 night stay) and PM me your confirmation number for the hotel.
Old Jul 29, 12, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

I'm delighted to announce that thanks to CanfordCliffs, we now have a further 2 prizes for the prize draw:

- BAA Worldpoints have donated a 500 gift card to spend at the airport (as long as the winner has BAA Worldpoints card - free to take out)

- No1 Traveller has donated 1 year standard lounge pass (worth 69) which gives entry to lounges for 15 per person - great if you regularly travel in Y.

Thanks to CanfordCliffs and to BAA Worldpoints and No1 Traveller for their support.

This now makes 28 prizes up for grabs.
Old Jul 30, 12, 12:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by price123 View Post
I'm delighted to announce that thanks to CanfordCliffs, we now have a further 2 prizes for the prize draw:

- BAA Worldpoints have donated a 500 gift card to spend at the airport (as long as the winner has BAA Worldpoints card - free to take out)

- No1 Traveller has donated 1 year standard lounge pass (worth 69) which gives entry to lounges for 15 per person - great if you regularly travel in Y.

Thanks to CanfordCliffs and to BAA Worldpoints and No1 Traveller for their support.

This now makes 28 prizes up for grabs.
Excellent! Well done in securing futher prizes.
Old Jul 30, 12, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

To let you know (and as I have had quite a few messages), I was expecting HGP promotions to come into effect today. I am in contact with HGP and working on this but appreciate many of you need the diamond upgrade or suite upgrade certificates asap. Don't worry about the bonus points as these will be added at the end of the period so can be added retroactively. I will update this page with information whenever I get further information.
Old Jul 30, 12, 9:17 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
price123

Thank you so much for your hard word and dedication!
Old Jul 31, 12, 8:52 am

Is there still spot available?

Hi,

My travel plans now allows me to attend the event and I registered online and booked the hotel (reservation # 8776337) from 25th to 27th. I am curious if there is any spot available for the events before I book the flight.

Also, in case my travel plan changes, what is the cancellation fee for this DO?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 12, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chungkyu82 View Post
Hi,

My travel plans now allows me to attend the event and I registered online and booked the hotel (reservation # 8776337) from 25th to 27th. I am curious if there is any spot available for the events before I book the flight.

Also, in case my travel plan changes, what is the cancellation fee for this DO?

Thanks!
Cancel free of charge until 2pm day before arrival.
There is space for the champagne reception and Virgin day but you would have to waitlist for the AMEX dinner. You can still take part in the prize draw without attending the dinner.
Old Jul 31, 12, 9:51 am

Cancel free of charge until 2pm day before arrival.
There is space for the champagne reception and Virgin day but you would have to waitlist for the AMEX dinner. You can still take part in the prize draw without attending the dinner.
Thanks for quick response. I attended many events that Virgin is offering so I will skip that. When i registered online, I requested for champagne reception and Amex dinner. I will stick with these two events so that I can do some sightseeing as well :P

Thanks for preparing this awesome event for all of us!

Please let me know when I become confirmed for Amex dinner
Old Jul 31, 12, 9:52 am
Original Poster

With regards to registration for the HGP promotions, there seems to have been some breakdown in communications between me sending the list of everyone who has agreed to the t+c to the hotel, the hotel sending the list of gold passport numbers to Hyatt and HGP registering people for the promotion.

I have confirmation that HGP have the list of numbers and are registering people for the correct promotions asap. It may take a few days but they are trying to expedite this.

If you have nights booked before the registration appears to have taken place, these nights will count for the diamond trial and the bonus points offer.

If you are not currently diamond, but have a stay booked within the next week and were expecting diamond benefits, PM me and I'll see if I can get a confirmation email to you (can't guarantee anything).

Sorry for these unforeseen problems - this is a learning process for me. Next time, I'll cut out the middle man!
Old Aug 2, 12, 4:08 pm

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
With regards to registration for the HGP promotions, there seems to have been some breakdown in communications between me sending the list of everyone who has agreed to the t+c to the hotel, the hotel sending the list of gold passport numbers to Hyatt and HGP registering people for the promotion.

I have confirmation that HGP have the list of numbers and are registering people for the correct promotions asap. It may take a few days but they are trying to expedite this.

If you have nights booked before the registration appears to have taken place, these nights will count for the diamond trial and the bonus points offer.

If you are not currently diamond, but have a stay booked within the next week and were expecting diamond benefits, PM me and I'll see if I can get a confirmation email to you (can't guarantee anything).

Sorry for these unforeseen problems - this is a learning process for me. Next time, I'll cut out the middle man!
As I understand,the HGP promotion gets either a Diamond Challenge (for Platinum members) or the suite upgrade certs for Diamonds.
Did somebody ever think of giving a choice for current Diamond members between the suite certs and the possibility to renew Diamond status with 18 stays (as offered for Platinum members)?Because the renewal could be much more interesting than 2 suite certs,which are not easy to use when status ends in Feb 2013.Just a (for me as a pure leisure traveller very important ) thought.
Thanks for all your work and looking forward to October.
Old Aug 3, 12, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ringbahn View Post
As I understand,the HGP promotion gets either a Diamond Challenge (for Platinum members) or the suite upgrade certs for Diamonds.
Did somebody ever think of giving a choice for current Diamond members between the suite certs and the possibility to renew Diamond status with 18 stays (as offered for Platinum members)?Because the renewal could be much more interesting than 2 suite certs,which are not easy to use when status ends in Feb 2013.Just a (for me as a pure leisure traveller very important ) thought.
Thanks for all your work and looking forward to October.
The first offer didn't include anything for current diamond members. I pushed for stays count double towards elite qualification but it was a no go. Like you, we find it very hard to maintain diamond, but the idea of a promotion is to get people to stay at Hyatt more. By allowing diamonds to requalify for 18 nights would not be in Hyatt's best interest (other than generating good will). However, by allowing this for non diamond members, they hope to attract extra nights from people who may otherwise not stay.

Keep your fingers crossed for one of the status prizes from HGP!
Old Aug 3, 12, 7:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
The first offer didn't include anything for current diamond members. I pushed for stays count double towards elite qualification but it was a no go. Like you, we find it very hard to maintain diamond, but the idea of a promotion is to get people to stay at Hyatt more. By allowing diamonds to requalify for 18 nights would not be in Hyatt's best interest (other than generating good will). However, by allowing this for non diamond members, they hope to attract extra nights from people who may otherwise not stay.

Keep your fingers crossed for one of the status prizes from HGP!
Thanks for your answer.Of course,I know the intentions of Hyatt.For European members it`s really hard considering the prices for Hyatt hotels on the continent.But I still hope after having dropped to Platinum to be able to take part in a new Diamond challenge.CS told me,it will be extended until May 2013.
Old Aug 7, 12, 10:14 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Hi, i just booked a night at the .. Hyatt churchill for next monday and contacted their Regency club manager regarding Diamond status which still isnt showing on my account. they said:

"I have checked your account and there does not seem to be any changes however, I will check by the end of the week. In the meantime, I am not able to confirm your Regency Club Access on this Rate to our Club room unless you have the Diamond status. I do hope you understand."

With this in mind we are definitely not getting diamondbennys yet (7 august) and we will feel abit let down if we dont get them for our stay on 13th

is there anything we can do to help you get our diamond status activated?
Old Aug 7, 12, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs View Post
Hi, i just booked a night at the .. Hyatt churchill for next monday and contacted their Regency club manager regarding Diamond status which still isnt showing on my account. they said:

"I have checked your account and there does not seem to be any changes however, I will check by the end of the week. In the meantime, I am not able to confirm your Regency Club Access on this Rate to our Club room unless you have the Diamond status. I do hope you understand."

With this in mind we are definitely not getting diamondbennys yet (7 august) and we will feel abit let down if we dont get them for our stay on 13th

is there anything we can do to help you get our diamond status activated?
My account is showing Diamond now and was not yesterday, so they must be working through the stack.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: