Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Expands Extended Stay Select Service Presence In North America

Hyatt Expands Extended Stay Select Service Presence In North America

Old Jul 15, 11, 6:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Great news! Now bring back FFN .
Old Jul 15, 11, 8:01 am
Suspended

Thanks Jeff for the great news, the AVIA hotels in both Napa and Savannah look absolutely wonderful and their respective locations put them right in the action per the Tripadvisor reviews! ^^
Old Jul 15, 11, 9:16 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Jeff, thanks for the great news ! I'm looking forward to a Hyatt in Napa !! As I live in The Woodlands, TX, transforming the local Avia into a Hyatt is also welcome. Hopefully, there will be some decent rates in case the need for a MR arises :-) There's also a Hyatt Place in development here about a mile away from the new Hyatt. Will this addition affect those plans at all ?
Old Jul 15, 11, 9:31 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by npei View Post
But some of the additions just pile on to already heavily represented markets like DC area and Northern CA
As a frequent traveler to Silicon Valley, I don't see Hyatt as heavily represented at all - just the Santa Clara Hyatt and the Fremont Hyatt Place, and even this property is a stretch if you need to travel to Cupertino, Mt View or Palo Alto during commute times. I'm glad to see the additional beds. Personally, I miss Rickey's ... it had a great location and I liked its quirkiness. I hope Hyatt adds a property or two on the peninsula.
Old Jul 15, 11, 11:49 am
Used to be hamajicky

hopefully hyatt shuts down the dump of a place it runs in savannah when it takes over the avia there.
Old Jul 15, 11, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
It will be great to have a Hyatt in Napa - and it gets good reviews on TripAdvisor.
I looked through all the Avia properties on tripadvisor and they are all 4.5 stars...I really care about the pictures and love that Hyatt is adding a "boutique" presence to their lineup!!! ^^^

The one few people are probably excited about, is the Green Bay location...but for me, that's the one I will use the most. I have an annual conference there and have NEVER stayed there because I wanted points at a chain...now I will!
Old Jul 15, 11, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Thanks for NAPA!!^^
Old Jul 15, 11, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Jeff, (since we're all on a first name basis now) I want to thank you for coming to Flyertalk to give us this news. Now that this acquisition is complete, you can get back to planning the 2 most pressing issues, our next round of Faster Free Nights ^ and the development of Park Hyatt Fresno.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Jul 17, 11 at 10:08 am
Old Jul 15, 11, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
Originally Posted by bsdstone View Post
I looked through all the Avia properties on tripadvisor and they are all 4.5 stars...I really care about the pictures and love that Hyatt is adding a "boutique" presence to their lineup!!! ^^^

The one few people are probably excited about, is the Green Bay location...but for me, that's the one I will use the most. I have an annual conference there and have NEVER stayed there because I wanted points at a chain...now I will!
I'm thrilled about the Green Bay one as well. The more Wisconsin properties, the better. Now if they can just get a second Hyatt Place in Madison (hopefully in Middleton as opposed to by the airport) as the one-year-old downtown one routinely sells out mid-week a couple of weeks in advance.
Old Jul 15, 11, 6:28 pm
Suspended

It's interesting that they are not converting some of the Avia properties to Andaz hotels given that some appear to be boutique hotels.

I wonder why? Napa could certainly qualify, right?
Old Jul 15, 11, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
It's interesting that they are not converting some of the Avia properties to Andaz hotels given that some appear to be boutique hotels.

I wonder why? Napa could certainly qualify, right?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing for the Avia Long Beach which is about 1,000 feet from the Hyatt Regency Long Beach, so it would make sense to brand it differently (assuming they're keeping the current HR).

The one thought I had is I've noticed there seems to be almost a new sub-class of Hyatt branded properties that is emerging that these might fit in along with the Olive 8, 48 Lex, and possibly others. It's half way between a Hyatt Regency and an Andaz, but they're branded a Hyatt, possibly along with a local name (street name, etc.). Not quite as modern and minimalist as an Andaz, but more of a boutique hotel than a standard Hyatt Regency and no Regency Club.
Old Jul 16, 11, 11:59 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Looking forward for having a Hyatt property in the woodlands. Now I have an excuse to stay overnight after a Cynthia Woods Pavilion concert.
Old Jul 16, 11, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
Long Beach

Interesting the two Long Beach, CA properties will be 3/10 of a mile apart.
Old Jul 17, 11, 11:15 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
It is great to see you posting here and being involved with the Flyertalk community.
Old Jul 17, 11, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Some of the hotels look very interesting - and unique in terms of construction - http://www.hotel-sierra.com/ is the web site to explore our new 'homes'.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: