Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt "friends and family" type of rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat

Hi, apolgies in advance if this has been covered, but my search skills have not uncovered anything.

does Hyatt have a "discount" rate code similar to IHG and others' friends and family rates?

thank you.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:02 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jacknyoc
Hi, apolgies in advance if this has been covered, but my search skills have not uncovered anything.

does Hyatt have a "discount" rate code similar to IHG and others' friends and family rates?

thank you.
Do you mean: AAA, AARP & Costco? If it is, then Yes..
Old May 22, 2011, 11:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by jacknyoc

thank you.

If you are interested in a Hyatt friends and family rate (if it exists), then I would then ask the Hyatt employee who is your friend or relative.
Old May 24, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Yes they do have one. Unsure of specifics.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Can anyone add anything to this discussion? I am curious myself. I know IHG offers around 20% off as the friends and family discount. Does Hyatt have anything similar?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes they do... But it's not "published" and as easy as the Club Carlson F&F rate :-).
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yes they do... But it's not "published" and as easy as the Club Carlson F&F rate :-).
Do you know the "unpublished" specifics? If it were published, I wouldn't be here
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No, since I don't qualify... And I guess you don't either :-). Expect a lot more scrutiny than with the CC rate. You might be better of "cheating" with one of the corporate rates....
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
No, since I don't qualify... And I guess you don't either :-). Expect a lot more scrutiny than with the CC rate. You might be better of "cheating" with one of the corporate rates....
I do actually. I have a family member who works for Hyatt. He's just slow at getting back to me, and I need to book the trip soon. If worse comes to worst I'll just book the 20% off elite rate.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
FYI you don't get stay/night credit when using the friends and family rate.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:41 am

Friends and family rate for hyatts are very secretive because they make you state the employee name and which property they work for. And if something happens they could actually ban that employees privelege in booking rooms. That why its hard to find a f&f code.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
I've been offered option to book using this rate from family member but haven't done so yet. While I wouldn't get points/ stay credit....would my diamond status allow me access to regency club?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Off course, the rate paid doesn 't influence your Diamond priviliges. You also get those when booking through a 3rd party.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.