Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a stop over in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Hyatt is giving me a hard time with respect to crediting my meal plan and upgrade charges to my base points. Any advice as to how to make that happen?
This happened to me too (went March 2016). I complained about it to Hyatt Concierge (via Twitter) and email them the hotel's receipt of the charges, and they manually calculated/credited me the difference in points to my account. I am Globalist, so not sure if that made any difference.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
My wife and I are debating on whether we should pay $150 for a park villa with pool. As a globalist do you think we will get upgraded to a pool villa anyways. We are going end of Feb.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jay00848
My wife and I are debating on whether we should pay $150 for a park villa with pool. As a globalist do you think we will get upgraded to a pool villa anyways. We are going end of Feb.
I'd pay for what I was comfortable with staying in since you're probably traveling a long way to be there. Never bank on the Globalist upgrade for anything. Always nice to be upgraded to something even nicer than what you were comfortable with!
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Jay00848
We have always been upgraded on our trips here as a globalist but my wife and I are prepared to stay in a park villa if no upgrade is available. Have had over water once and pool villas the rest of the time. I dont think I would pay $150 a night for the pool villa but it comes down to preference. We did use it but not all that much given the beach and ocean are way better. If you travel at off peak times, I would guess the odds of a globalist being upgrade to a pool villa is very good.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by ronbo83

We have always been upgraded on our trips here as a globalist but my wife and I are prepared to stay in a park villa if no upgrade is available. Have had over water once and pool villas the rest of the time. I dont think I would pay $150 a night for the pool villa but it comes down to preference. We did use it but not all that much given the beach and ocean are way better. If you travel at off peak times, I would guess the odds of a globalist being upgrade to a pool villa is very good.
Thank you for your feedback, that is kind of info we are looking for, we are prepared to stay in the regular villa because we typically prefer the ocean over a pool anyways but hope we get the pool if available.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:22 pm

I am currently at the resort. Paid for 3 night upgrade to an overwater. Was hoping for a globalist upgrade to an overwater sunset but none available for all 3 nights. They put me in villa 44, which is the last of the regular over water villas and it is very good. There is very good coral around this villa with a lot of fish. After some prodding they said they could upgrade me for 1 night to a sunset villa but I didnt think it would be worth the hassle.

Tomorrow I am supposed to move to a regular villa for the next 4 nights and have put in my request for an upgrade to a pool villa. They will not confirm until around 7-8pm tonight. The resort is very full about 90-98% so I am not overly optimistic but I remain hopeful since the pool villa is still available on Hyatt to book.

Also, my villa 44 has a new ac upgrade and it stays very nice all day and night, the heat is not an issue. Not all the over water have the new ac yet but they are working on it and also doing some deck repairs. Sometimes you can hear a bit of construction which is disappointing. Overall not a major concern though.

The globalist sundowner is a more limited drink drink selection than what I have seen online in the past. Also for breakfast they do not have the stacks anymore its the buffet and 2 items off the menu, which is still a ton of food.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:36 pm

A quick update. I did get upgraded to a pool villa for my remaining 4 nights. I am in villa 21 which is very nice, decent amount of beach out front with a lot just around the corner and the villa and pool are completely private. However, in retrospect I would prefer a villa that is not so private but has ocean views. Coming from an over water villa I definitely miss looking at the ocean. A pool villa with good ocean views is probably the best value and compromise. There were a lot of ants in the villa and my host get housekeeping to spray and its a non issue now. The overwater villa had no ants and bugs outside. The land villas definitely have some bugs outside due to the environment.

I did the maldevian feast feast last night and my wife and I were the only ones signed up so it was essentially private beach dining for only $200. It was just the two of us plus our guide explaining all the food to us it was very cool.

We are scheduled for fishing tonight and it may only be the two the two of us again so its like getting private treatment without paying for it.

Our host natalia has been incredible. I originally inquired about a romantic bath setup but decided to pass for $95 plus tax and service is a lot for a bath. Natalia remembered it was our honeymoon and went above and beyond to surprise us with a romantic bath setup during our last night in the over water villa.
I did the spa relaxing romance package and it was amazing and truly worth the money for the 75 minute massage and amazing bath setup, including fresh fruit and a bottle of champagne. You have your own spa villa and its very romantic.

One thing I did not know is the maldevian feast, movie night, and I think fishing do not get the 10% advance booking discount. Not a huge deal but something I was not aware of and no need to book in advance.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by slm9555

Our host natalia has been incredible. I originally inquired about a romantic bath setup but decided to pass for $95 plus tax and service is a lot for a bath. Natalia remembered it was our honeymoon and went above and beyond to surprise us with a romantic bath setup during our last night in the over water villa.
Natalia is great, she was our host as well.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by slm9555
A quick update. I did get upgraded to a pool villa for my remaining 4 nights. I am in villa 21 which is very nice, decent amount of beach out front with a lot just around the corner and the villa and pool are completely private. However, in retrospect I would prefer a villa that is not so private but has ocean views. Coming from an over water villa I definitely miss looking at the ocean. A pool villa with good ocean views is probably the best value and compromise. There were a lot of ants in the villa and my host get housekeeping to spray and its a non issue now. The overwater villa had no ants and bugs outside. The land villas definitely have some bugs outside due to the environment.

I did the maldevian feast feast last night and my wife and I were the only ones signed up so it was essentially private beach dining for only $200. It was just the two of us plus our guide explaining all the food to us it was very cool.

We are scheduled for fishing tonight and it may only be the two the two of us again so its like getting private treatment without paying for it.

I did the spa relaxing romance package and it was amazing and truly worth the money for the 75 minute massage and amazing bath setup, including fresh fruit and a bottle of champagne. You have your own spa villa and its very romantic.

One thing I did not know is the maldevian feast, movie night, and I think fishing do not get the 10% advance booking discount. Not a huge deal but something I was not aware of and no need to book in advance.
Natalia was our host in July. Tell her the July guests with the baby say hi, please!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
When did the Hotel contacted you regarding your flight times?
We have an upcoming stay end of March and havent heard from them yet. Is that normal?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
When did the Hotel contacted you regarding your flight times?
We have an upcoming stay end of March and havent heard from them yet. Is that normal?
yes, I did not hear anything until the day before, they sent an email with flight info.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
No, I meant when the Hotel wanted to know your arrival time from the international flight in Male?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
No, I meant when the Hotel wanted to know your arrival time from the international flight in Male?
right after I made my hotel reservation I got an automated email from reservations with the usual info such as upgrades and activities as well as them saying to provide the flight info so I provided it very early on. It seems they dont purchase the domestic transfer until 24-48 hours prior. Luckily my domestic d
flight did not have a layover and I hope my return tomorrow is also direct to male.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
From the Points Guy

https://thepointsguy.com/2018/02/mal...itical-unrest/

Im going in 30 days should I be worried?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:19 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1fan
From the Points Guy

https://thepointsguy.com/2018/02/mal...itical-unrest/

Im going in 30 days should I be worried?
No. They've had state of emergencies before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.