Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 5:20 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Will be travelling to this hotel in the coming weeks for our honeymoon. There is still availability of the Pool Villa so I'm expecting an upgrade as a Globalist. Any opinions on the villa number that we should definitely try to request? I want easy access to beach but with some seclusion.

Also, any of the dining experiences that someone suggests? I was thinking that I want to do a romantic dinner on the beach one night?
There is no point specifying land or pool villas as the Island changes constantly. Just email the hotel with "I want easy access to beach but with some seclusion" and they will allocate accordingly.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Joe, thanks for the videos, really enjoyed them. Going here in Feb 2018 and can't wait.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
There is no point specifying land or pool villas as the Island changes constantly. Just email the hotel with "I want easy access to beach but with some seclusion" and they will allocate accordingly.
Thank you.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:41 am

Does anyone know which part of the resort has the best beach this time of year (end of May)? Or is it something that you can't really know until arrival..
Old May 20, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Will be travelling to this hotel in the coming weeks for our honeymoon. There is still availability of the Pool Villa so I'm expecting an upgrade as a Globalist. Any opinions on the villa number that we should definitely try to request? I want easy access to beach but with some seclusion.

Also, any of the dining experiences that someone suggests? I was thinking that I want to do a romantic dinner on the beach one night?
It's easy. Ask for 25 or 27.

Old May 20, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
It's easy. Ask for 25 or 27.

Pool villa 25 - YouTube
that doesn't look very private if you can see the pool from the beach? i.e. people walking past?
Old May 20, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I agree. Not private enough
Old May 20, 2017, 8:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Just got the second part of my review up: what to do at the Park Hyatt. It includes a bit of the summary of our Beach Dinner. It was certainly fantastic, costly though. The food was great, but the price was based more on the experience:
http://joeprotravel.com/days-thirtee...dives-hadahaa/
Old May 21, 2017, 8:58 am

http://www.hoteliermaldives.com/park...la-categories/

According to this, they are converting several villas to really big villas. I contacted the hotel and they confirmed there will be 3 - 2 bedroom villas and 8 - deluxe pool villas which are an extra 1000-1300 sq. feet in addition to what is existing.

Does this worry anyone else? Right now, the villas are spaced perfectly for maximum privacy between neighbors and beautiful natural vegetation. I feel like they will be taking a lot of vegetation out and the result will be a bunch of oversized villas butting right up against the other villas. So your view has now went to lush jungle on all sides to blackout shades on the oversized villa parked right next to you. So much for ultimate privacy at the expense of a few rich twats that, even though they are in paradise, complained about not having a formal sitting room. I so hate "progress".

Just my two cents.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by jdbcc

According to this, they are converting several villas to really big villas. I contacted the hotel and they confirmed there will be 3 - 2 bedroom villas and 8 - deluxe pool villas which are an extra 1000-1300 sq. feet in addition to what is existing.

Does this worry anyone else? Right now, the villas are spaced perfectly for maximum privacy between neighbors and beautiful natural vegetation. I feel like they will be taking a lot of vegetation out and the result will be a bunch of oversized villas butting right up against the other villas. So your view has now went to lush jungle on all sides to blackout shades on the oversized villa parked right next to you. So much for ultimate privacy at the expense of a few rich twats that, even though they are in paradise, complained about not having a formal sitting room. I so hate "progress".

Just my two cents.
Hard to see what the additional 1K SQF of space on a pool villa could be. The image doesn't portray anything like that. The 2 bedrooms seem minimally invasive, but it certainly could mean close quarters for some guests. I wouldn't fret too much.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jdbcc

Just my two cents.
Just glad it will be done before I arrive in February. I don't like going to hotels under refurbishment.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
I have a bit of a conundrum regarding a reservation at the PH Maldives.

I used a combination of free Hyatt nights (from the CC sign-up bonus) and Hyatt points to book a stay at the PH for my honeymoon.

When I booked, I did it in 3 parts - one with my 2 free CC nights, one with my fiance's 2 free CC nights, and the remainder with Hyatt points.

I received an email from the hotel confirming my stay and room type from the first date through to the last date. However, in looking on the Hyatt website, I noticed that I made a mistake and didn't book one of the nights between part 2 and part 3. So my booking on Hyatt looks like this:

Night 1 - CC #1
Night 2 - CC #1
Night 3 - CC #2
Night 4 - CC #2
Night 6 - Points
Night 7 - Points
Night 8 - Points

Note that Night 5 is missing, however, I have a confirmed reservation email from the hotel from Night 1 all the way through Night 8.

The simple solution would be to go back on the Hyatt website and book the remaining night with points. Except that in the time since I booked the trip, award availability for that night has disappeared. So, I would have to purchase a night at the hotel, which, given the high demand, is over $2k (including taxes). I can think of a lot of things I would rather spend $2k on - flights, meals, excursions, etc. I have plenty of Hyatt points, so booking an additional night that way is not an issue.

I guess my question is, "What should I do?" I have a confirmed reservation for all 8 nights, so in theory I should be okay, right?
Old May 30, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
I have a bit of a conundrum regarding a reservation at the PH Maldives.

I used a combination of free Hyatt nights (from the CC sign-up bonus) and Hyatt points to book a stay at the PH for my honeymoon.

When I booked, I did it in 3 parts - one with my 2 free CC nights, one with my fiance's 2 free CC nights, and the remainder with Hyatt points.

I received an email from the hotel confirming my stay and room type from the first date through to the last date. However, in looking on the Hyatt website, I noticed that I made a mistake and didn't book one of the nights between part 2 and part 3. So my booking on Hyatt looks like this:

Night 1 - CC #1
Night 2 - CC #1
Night 3 - CC #2
Night 4 - CC #2
Night 6 - Points
Night 7 - Points
Night 8 - Points

Note that Night 5 is missing, however, I have a confirmed reservation email from the hotel from Night 1 all the way through Night 8.

The simple solution would be to go back on the Hyatt website and book the remaining night with points. Except that in the time since I booked the trip, award availability for that night has disappeared. So, I would have to purchase a night at the hotel, which, given the high demand, is over $2k (including taxes). I can think of a lot of things I would rather spend $2k on - flights, meals, excursions, etc. I have plenty of Hyatt points, so booking an additional night that way is not an issue.

I guess my question is, "What should I do?" I have a confirmed reservation for all 8 nights, so in theory I should be okay, right?
It's hard to know what you're asking here. If you are missing night 5 then you will need to book night five. But then you say you have a confirmed reservation for all 8 nights... that would imply that you should not be missing night 5. So which is it? Did they take 75K points out of your account or 100K?

If you somehow think that having nights 1-4 and night 6-8 would mean they'll give you a pass and let you stick around on night 5, then you're in for a rude awakening. But it's hard to tell what's going on based on what you've written.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Originally Posted by joecool1885
It's hard to know what you're asking here. If you are missing night 5 then you will need to book night five. But then you say you have a confirmed reservation for all 8 nights... that would imply that you should not be missing night 5. So which is it? Did they take 75K points out of your account or 100K?

If you somehow think that having nights 1-4 and night 6-8 would mean they'll give you a pass and let you stick around on night 5, then you're in for a rude awakening. But it's hard to tell what's going on based on what you've written.
I booked via phone because the website couldn't handle all 3 of my booking requests. The customer service rep handling the booking over the phone only took 75k points out of my account, and my World of Hyatt account shows bookings for Nights 1-4 and 6-8.

However, I received a confirmation email directly from the hotel confirming that I have a reservation for all 8 nights and asking me for my fiance's information for the domestic transfer from Male. So, somewhere there was a disconnect - the hotel clearly thinks I will be there for the duration, but Hyatt's website does not.

I'm not looking for a free pass, it's just an odd situation. I'd much rather spend the 25k Hyatt points than the $2241, but like I said, award availability is now gone for Night 5.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
I booked via phone because the website couldn't handle all 3 of my booking requests. The customer service rep handling the booking over the phone only took 75k points out of my account, and my World of Hyatt account shows bookings for Nights 1-4 and 6-8.

However, I received a confirmation email directly from the hotel confirming that I have a reservation for all 8 nights and asking me for my fiance's information for the domestic transfer from Male. So, somewhere there was a disconnect - the hotel clearly thinks I will be there for the duration, but Hyatt's website does not.

I'm not looking for a free pass, it's just an odd situation. I'd much rather spend the 25k Hyatt points than the $2241, but like I said, award availability is now gone for Night 5.
Eh, tough call. You could be looking at a very awkward and uncomfortable situation come the 5th night, especially if their inventory is not allocated to give you a room that night (which may be possible if it is indeed in high demand). Frankly, if it's still showing a Park Villa available for the 5th night, I might reach out to the hotel directly and explain the situation. But there's certainly risk there (if they're unwilling to force through a points reservation).

Good luck :-p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.