Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a stop over in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:12 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by NoVA_Flyer
Looks like they do have some C&P available at least... now that you can search online I just booked 6 nights next December. 75k points + $900. Will hope for a complimentary upgrade to the pool villa, but not expecting it.
But I thought PH MLE opted out of C&P??
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zh
........you thought wrong?

Another thought: poster booked over a year in advance, so perhaps the property hadn't gotten around to "deleting" those rates yet.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by zh
I thought so too. From what I read they added C&P when it was a category 7, but when it dropped back down to a 6 they removed C&P. However, since Hyatt recently added searching for C&P online (thank god), I searched around last night and found stretches of 7 nights available. Granted, I did book 13 months in advance so that may help...
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

C+P is at a properties discretion so there is no opting out. They can make as many nights available as they want, at any time they want.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
C+P is at a properties discretion so there is no opting out. They can make as many nights available as they want, at any time they want.
How does that differ from opting out?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
How does that differ from opting out?
Properties do not have to formally opt out by declaring they do not participate, because they can simply opt out by never making P+C available.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Properties do not have to formally opt out by declaring they do not participate, because they can simply opt out by never making P+C available.
So they avoid opting out by opting out? Got it.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No.... people interpret it as opting out when they don't see any availability at the time they are searching. But it's clear that others did find some availability, so there's no opting out here.
It's all semantics anyway... did you ever see a thread about properties "opting out" of the business plan rate or a specific corporate rate. I didn't...just that there's no availability for a specific date. And even that can change anytime.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
So they avoid opting out by opting out? Got it.
That's right. They do not have to declare that they "opt out" of that redemption option, as is the case for some other aspects of the GP program like suite upgrades, since they can achieve that result by just making zero inventory available at the P+C rate.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
Breakfast is $30 per person, comes to about $70 US For 2 wth tax and service charge
Hoping someone can help clarify this for me.

I was there Jan. 2015 and I remember that if using points (and not a Diamond), then breakfast is $30ish/person. If i recall correctly, that $30 allowed you to order anything and as many plates as you want, all for $30.

I'll be going again in Jan. 2016. Is it still the same? Is there a limit to how many dishes you can order for that $30? Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by nsmn4945
Hoping someone can help clarify this for me.

I was there Jan. 2015 and I remember that if using points (and not a Diamond), then breakfast is $30ish/person. If i recall correctly, that $30 allowed you to order anything and as many plates as you want, all for $30.

I'll be going again in Jan. 2016. Is it still the same? Is there a limit to how many dishes you can order for that $30? Thanks!
You are limited to 2 entrees per person for $30. You can have an unlimited number of fresh juices, coffee, and trips to the buffet
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I know they have worked in the past (as recently as 2014, based on this thread), but can anyone confirm Hyatt Check Certificates are still accepted here no problem, and they still bill in USD?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I know they have worked in the past (as recently as 2014, based on this thread), but can anyone confirm Hyatt Check Certificates are still accepted here no problem, and they still bill in USD?
I was there in January 2015 and used them just fine. And yes, they bill in USD. I'll be there in January 2016 and am assuming they will work just fine. Just bought myself a couple of them. If you already don't know, Hyatt is discounting 10% with code GPGIFT15 and if combined with AMEX open savings, you get another 5%.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nsmn4945
I was there in January 2015 and used them just fine. And yes, they bill in USD. I'll be there in January 2016 and am assuming they will work just fine. Just bought myself a couple of them. If you already don't know, Hyatt is discounting 10% with code GPGIFT15 and if combined with AMEX open savings, you get another 5%.
Can you use these checks to pay for upgrades and room charges? What happens if the checks have more value than what you use?

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:11 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Can you use these checks to pay for upgrades and room charges? What happens if the checks have more value than what you use?

Thanks!
Checks (paper gift certificates) can be used to pay for all charges on the folio. However, you lose the balance if the check is for more than the total charges - I'd use checks for the round balance and leave any leftover amounts on the credit card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.