Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:22 am

On trip advisor they are AussieAnge and gismo (maybe gizmo)
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i just cant see us spending 600/day on food/drink to make it worth AI
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by apolloms
right but i'd like to be able to pay my upgrade fee with the hyatt gift checks I have, and i thought you could have them put it on your folio to pay at checkout?
I also have the similar question. Do I need to present the Hyatt Gift Certificates when we check in and they are going to take them? Or do we need to keep the certificates and present them at checkout?

I much rather to give them these certificates during check-in then put them in the room safe.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Originally Posted by thebluejean
I also have the similar question. Do I need to present the Hyatt Gift Certificates when we check in and they are going to take them? Or do we need to keep the certificates and present them at checkout?

I much rather to give them these certificates during check-in then put them in the room safe.
I presented ours at check-out, but you could likely ask the office to hold onto them for you until then if you prefer.

For those asking about the cc payment to secure the upgrade in advance, I asked if I could pay with Hyatt check certificates, and they had me scan and email copies of the certs to them, which worked fine.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i was able to convince them to put the upgrade on my folio and let me pay it at check out and pre pay the transfer fees with a cc.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:53 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
OK news....

I just received an email again from PHH but from a different person this time. He basically apologized that his colleague told me that full breakfast was no longer free for redemption stays for Diamonds.

Dear Enelym1978,

Following your communication with my colleague I would like to apologize for the confusion over the breakfast. The breakfast is included in your accommodation package.

Warmest regards,
and

Dear Enelym1978,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that Diamond members will have Full Breakfast at The Dining Room. There is no such limitation in our resort.

Warmest regards,

Last edited by enelym1978; Jan 16, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
sorry to be pedantic, but there's nothing in either of those emails which confirms that that proposition is correct for award stays as well as revenue stays. Why is it that you think that award stays are covered?

I'm keen to know as well, as I have a 5 night award stay coming up.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:09 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by dtm1
sorry to be pedantic, but there's nothing in either of those emails which confirms that that proposition is correct for award stays as well as revenue stays. Why is it that you think that award stays are covered?

I'm keen to know as well, as I have a 5 night award stay coming up.
If you go back to page 84-85, you will see there were a few discussions on whether Diamonds would get full breakfast for redemption stays.

I emailed the PHH and they said that for redemption stays, Diamonds would get "only" one main entree from the breakfast menu + juice + coffee.
I asked that person several times, stressing that it was a Diamond amenity and she kept saying that this was it. That if I wanted to upgrade to full bfast, I had to pay $15 per person.

Other FTers rightfully argued that Diamonds would get full bfast, no matter what. But I was relying on what I was being told my the property. And I was wrong.

Sorry, did not realize my emails quoted above do not tell the entire story...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
aha !

ok, thanks. Nice to know that the full breakfast is to be included as the diamond amenity.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by dtm1
aha !

ok, thanks. Nice to know that the full breakfast is to be included as the diamond amenity.
Think there's some confusion here. There's breakfast (entree + stuff) and a full breakfast (as much as you want to eat).

The full breakfast used to be for everyone. Now, diamonds have to pay $15 to upgrade to it.

Also, people who booked from a different date had a different breakfast quoted. Don't know if that will be honored for those that booked earlier.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:13 am

Brekkie

This is genuinely confusing. My understanding is that EVERYONE at PHH, no matter who you are or what board/points basis you are on , as soon as they sit down get the tiered breakfast thing with fresh fruit, assortments of breads/sticky buns and mas huni tuna/flatbreds. They also get tea/coffee and juice. Many people say that they also get 1 entree on your points stay. Thats what we had on AI. What else do you want?. You get a selection of stuff then an entree which is pretty large from a pretty huge list. We were on AI and had just that. Unless you want to have 2 or 3 entrees? i cant see the problem or can think what a "full breakfast " would comprise other than the generalk selection and one entree with tea/coffee/juice. Even on AI , you cant have a twelve course breakfast or a 7 course dinner. Lunch can be 2 courses and dinner up to 3 starters at the grill, a main and a desert. You cant just keep eating and eating.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Paul1962
This is genuinely confusing. ............................ a "full breakfast " would comprise other than the generalk selection and one entree with tea/coffee/juice. Even on AI , you cant have a twelve course breakfast or a 7 course dinner. Lunch can be 2 courses and dinner up to 3 starters at the grill, a main and a desert. You cant just keep eating and eating.
.... unless you're french or italian.

I understand what you're saying but in the absence of a buffet-style breakfast where one can go back to get more fruits, more smoked salmon or taste some of the other dishes, it is the new restrictive policy regarding breakfast that bothers some of us.
By the way from what I've read earlier it seems that if you pay the $100/150 per person per day you can eat more than one entree..!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Can someone lay out in one post or in the header sticky what the policy is. I think that is the best way to settle this. I would include:

1. Bfast offerings on paid stays for non-Diamond Members
2. Bfast offerings on paid stars for Diamonds
3. Bfast offerings on P&C for non-Diamond Members
4. Bfast offerings on P&C for Diamonds
5. Bfast offerings on Award stays/Chase Free Nights for non-Diamond Members
6. Bfast offerings on Award stays/Chase Free nights for Diamonds.

Now before you yell at me, many of these will be the same, but I think it would be good to have it all spelled out in one place. I cannot even speak intelligently about the AI options because my Google searches haven't given me a straight answer. Oh well.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Paul1962
You cant just keep eating and eating.
The point is, that up till they changed the policy this last time, you could. Could order multiple entrees.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
The point is, that up till they changed the policy this last time, you could. Could order multiple entrees.
Is it not a Diamond benefit to have free buffet style breakfest regardless of the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.