Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 13, 22, 12:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: razflyer
Wiki Link
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 22, 22, 6:32 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Kwtkiwi View Post
I have globalist status and am wondering how’s the paid upgrade looks like in 2022.
I am debating if I should do Alila (given it is newer) or PH (more food option)
I just booked 9 nights on points at the PH for April, might upgrade some nights for cash in advance to ensure we aren't stuck in a Beach Villa the whole time. We've done PH, Vakkaru, and the W, and although we really like Vakkaru, the PH was just so special for reasons we've discussed up thread.

I looked at the Alila and evidently the only bathrooms in the rooms are outdoors, which seems like a deal-breaker -- I like a good outdoor bathroom, but not as my only option in the middle of the night!
clublevel15 likes this.

Last edited by platbrownguy; Jun 24, 22 at 7:46 am
Old Jun 23, 22, 3:51 am

it´s a nightmare, this outdoor bathrom..... for me! mosquitos and humility all the day after taking a shower... :-(
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:27 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by clublevel15 View Post
it´s a nightmare, this outdoor bathrom..... for me! mosquitos and humility all the day after taking a shower... :-(
humility? or humidity?
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
humility? or humidity?
Maybe a bit of both
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 3:12 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, TP Gold, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by libuser View Post
Here is my short review, currently at the PH about the check out on the 25th(here for 3 weeks):

5. The corals are 99% dead. Sadly the corals are very similar to the JW(was there last year) and about the same with Conrad. The only exception is that for some reason I saw 5x more animals at the Conrad(I was there last year) vs here. I am thinking that it is because they feed all of the sea life at the Conrad daily in addition to the Muraka, plus a ton of new coral that they plat at the Conrad. With that said the snorkeling is pretty sad, the tour where they take you to another reef is no different. My previous comment still stands, coral reefs in other parts of the world are better vs what you would see here - South America, Caribbean, etc.
Wow I'm surprised to read this.... I was there in 2014 (I think?) and it was just amazing, I snorkeled and dived the house reef and it was in perfect condition. The PH was known to have one of the best house reefs around. I went diving again last year but did a live-on-board a boat. And the dive guide was saying how nice their reef was. It was one of the rare hotels in the Maldives that built around the reef, rather than "against" it, that a lot of care was taken to not touch the surroundings at all.
friedablass likes this.
Old Jun 29, 22, 3:26 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by enelym1978 View Post
Wow I'm surprised to read this.... I was there in 2014 (I think?) and it was just amazing, I snorkeled and dived the house reef and it was in perfect condition. The PH was known to have one of the best house reefs around. I went diving again last year but did a live-on-board a boat. And the dive guide was saying how nice their reef was. It was one of the rare hotels in the Maldives that built around the reef, rather than "against" it, that a lot of care was taken to not touch the surroundings at all.
It's not true at all. I'm here now. Yes, the reef in the most shallow parts is dead and bleached, but as you move toward the shelf/cliff, it is vibrant with various colorful corals, tropical fish, sharks, octopi, residential sea turtle "Ben," and many other creatures. Outside of my snorkeling and diving experiences on the Great Barrier Reef, this place is the best I've ever seen (without having to take a boat to a special diving location). It's a stunning, healthy reef, and very, very, special.
Old Jun 29, 22, 3:38 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, TP Gold, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by orca1114 View Post
It's not true at all. I'm here now. Yes, the reef in the most shallow parts is dead and bleached, but as you move toward the shelf/cliff, it is vibrant with various colorful corals, tropical fish, sharks, octopi, residential sea turtle "Ben," and many other creatures. Outside of my snorkeling and diving experiences on the Great Barrier Reef, this place is the best I've ever seen (without having to take a boat to a special diving location). It's a stunning, healthy reef, and very, very, special.
Good to know yeah it was teeming with life, squids, turtles, lots of black tip reef sharks as well, and rays. I spent most of my days in the water. The diving at the rim of the atoll was different though. Organized by the PH dive shop, lots of currents, mostly just drift-dives.
friedablass and orca1114 like this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looking to book a 3 night stay here for march 2023. Will be using points to book a beach villa for 30k points a night. Are you eligible to upgrade a reservation using money (USD) that was booked on points. If so, does anyone know what the rates are to upgrade from a regular beach villa to a beach villa w/ pool or an over water villa?
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:09 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by christianm49 View Post
Looking to book a 3 night stay here for march 2023. Will be using points to book a beach villa for 30k points a night. Are you eligible to upgrade a reservation using money (USD) that was booked on points. If so, does anyone know what the rates are to upgrade from a regular beach villa to a beach villa w/ pool or an over water villa?
I recently booked 9 nights on points for April 2023 and received the following message about exactly that:

As a valued Globalist we would be happy to extend complimentary upgrade to the next category (Beach Pool Villa) if available on the day of arrival. Should you wish to confirm prior to arrival you may reserve the higher categories of villas as per the cost mentioned:

Beach Pool Villas: Upgrade Supplement- USD 250 plus taxes of 23.2%, total USD 308 per night.

Each villa features a private pool set in the middle of the lush private garden in addition to a private deck with lounge area and sunbeds as well as private beach access.

Overwater Villa (Without Pool):Upgrade Supplement- USD 550 plus taxes of 23.2%, total USD 677.60 per night.

Each villa offers the sunny side of life with superb sunsets, panoramic views of the Open Ocean and individual access to the house reef below.

Overwater Sunset Pool Villa: Upgrade Supplement- USD 800 plus taxes of 23.2%, total USD 985.60 per night.

Enjoy the tranquil 115sqm water villas with ocean vistas featuring a king bed, indoor bathtub, private deck with plunge pool, semi-submerged sun beds, outdoor bale and individual access to the reef.

Deluxe Beach Pool Villas: Upgrade Supplement- USD 950 plus taxes of 23.2%, total USD 1170.40 per night.

Each villa features a private bale/cabana with table and chairs, a tranquil 55sqm pool with two semi submerged sunbeds, with two beach sun loungers on privately accessed beach.

Two Bedroom Beach Pool Villas: Upgrade Supplement- USD 1400 plus taxes of 23.2%, total USD 1724.80 per night.

The 44sqm second bedroom is fitted with two single beds and has an attached bathroom with indoor shower. The villa offers a relaxing 55sqm pool and two semi submerged sunbeds with two beach sun loungers on privately accessed beach
Old Jul 1, 22, 10:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k
Originally Posted by orca1114 View Post
Glad to hear it. I was also quite surprised to read that report. It was thriving when we there last year.
Old Jul 14, 22, 3:08 am

Hi all. We have a trip to PH booked for the end of August. What's the beach looking like at this time of year? We're thinking of a pool beach villa around no. 15-19 but would ideally like some beach in front of the room. Can anyone speak to what the natural sand movement is currently up to. I'd also love to know if anyone has experience of those rooms per se and can make a recommendation?

This will be our third trip to the Maldives after Conrad Rangali in 2016 for our honeymoon and Meeru in 2012. Conrad really blew our socks off - we're hoping to return next year - so we're interested to compare PH.
Old Jul 15, 22, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Hi all,

We have two rooms booked on points over xmas, but I'm beginning to worry about their 60day cancellations policy and that Hyatt apparently charges you full room rate ($$) instead of "just" keeping your points. My main concern is covid and if we are somehow not able to travel (we get sick, new travel limitations, etc.). Does anyone else have experience with cancelling a points booking and how the hotel handles that?
Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 22, 5:45 am

Can anyone confirm which villa numbers are Deluxe Beach Pool Villas vs Beach Pool Villas vs Regular Beach Villas? Can't seem to find this specific information anywhere frustratingly.
Old Jul 19, 22, 9:10 pm

When do the airline transfers get charged? Trying to time it with a credit card sign up bonus.
Old Jul 20, 22, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by levelnine View Post
When do the airline transfers get charged? Trying to time it with a credit card sign up bonus.
At checkout.
levelnine likes this.

Search this Thread