Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by orca1114
You are correct. If the overwater experience is important to you, $450 isn't a terrible upgrade price. Perhaps consider splitting your stay, 4 days overwater, 4 days in a beach villa? If available, they'll likely upgrade you to pool villa for the 4 days of beach villa.
We might do that, 4 days each. We were previously considering resort-hopping but decided against it, so I'm sure we can manage room transfer within the same resort halfway through our stay.

We were discussing today which one to do first though. Any thoughts? First Overwater + Second Beach Villa Vs First Beach Villa + Second Overwater

My take was to do the Overwater Villa first because of the overheating issue that folks mention. That way if after 4 days we had enough of the heat (we live in the PNW, so little habit dealing with it), we can move into the cooler Beach Villa for the second half of the stay.

Unless you eat or drink a lot, I think the meal plans are unnecessary. As Globalists, we typically eat a late big breakfast and skip lunch when at this property. Sometimes we bring snacks or maybe buy a light bar app or something to split, but usually we're not hungry till it's time for the evening canapés and sundowner beverage, also a glob perk.

Dinner is expensive here, especially with alcohol. However, if we each have a drink and order what we want for dinner, it's still about $300 per couple (Sometimes less, honestly, and maybe a bit more if we splurge for a specialty experience). Add in snacks or drinks for daytime, maybe $60 more? As you can see, that is nowhere near the AI pricing. Others will feel differently, especially if you drink a lot on vacation, but this method has served us well for 4 or 5 visits and is our plan again this summer.
Are you allowed to buy the package for only certain days of your stay? We might want 1 or 2 drinking-heavier days where the package might make more sense. Otherwise I definitely agree that none of the packages seem like a great fit for us given that we already get breakfast for free and do not eat all that much.

If they were discounting to Globalists folks $30 per night per person off the price of the package to compensate for the breakfast that is included anyway, I would be a lot more inclined to book the packages.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
As far as A/C is concerned, I understand that they've replaced the units in most, if not all, of the OWVs. A quick email to the property could confirm this, but it that's the case, I don't think you need to worry about the overheating that we used to read about all the time.

Unless something has changed, AI plans are for your entire visit, not per selected day. Exception: if they still offer the all-you-can-drink plan, that used to be able to be activated on a per-day basis. Not sure if it still exists.

My brother is traveling with us this summer. It's his first time, so he is splitting time between beach villa and OWV. He is doing OWV at the end of the stay since that is arguably more quintessentially-Maldives and he wanted to wnd with that memory. Personally, I much prefer the land villas for their privacy, quite mini beaches, pools (if applicable), and outdoor showers. But YMMV, and the OWVs are still very, very nice.
LeonS likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:02 pm

There was some conversation a few messages back about doing an Antigen test instead of a PCR test to head back to the USA. I think some people said they had done a proctored test because that's all the USA requires. I was looking through the Maldives information and found something that says you have to test to leave the Maldives and it has to be a PCR test.

https://immigration.gov.mv/faq-for-v...-the-maldives/Do I have to do a COVID-19 test before I can leave the Maldives?

If a tourist has stayed a tourist guesthouse at any point during their stay in Maldives, they are required to conduct a PCR test 72hrs prior to their scheduled departure from Maldives.

In addition, during exit screening if any tourist is found to have fever or symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, they must undergo PCR testing for COVID-19.

For the purposes of contact tracing, it is important that the tourist informs the tourist establishment, if they test positive for COVID-19 after returning to their destination from the Maldives.
It sounds like you have to get a PCR test regardless, since the Maldives requires it.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:14 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cabb
There was some conversation a few messages back about doing an Antigen test instead of a PCR test to head back to the USA. I think some people said they had done a proctored test because that's all the USA requires. I was looking through the Maldives information and found something that says you have to test to leave the Maldives and it has to be a PCR test.

https://immigration.gov.mv/faq-for-v...-the-maldives/Do I have to do a COVID-19 test before I can leave the Maldives?

If a tourist has stayed a tourist guesthouse at any point during their stay in Maldives, they are required to conduct a PCR test 72hrs prior to their scheduled departure from Maldives.

In addition, during exit screening if any tourist is found to have fever or symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, they must undergo PCR testing for COVID-19.

For the purposes of contact tracing, it is important that the tourist informs the tourist establishment, if they test positive for COVID-19 after returning to their destination from the Maldives.
It sounds like you have to get a PCR test regardless, since the Maldives requires it.
The PH is not a guesthouse.

It states that if you’re suspected to have Covid, a fever etc then they will make get you get a PCR test.

This means if you have a temperature or appear for be sick at the airport.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
m0hamed is correct, you do not need a Covid test to leave the Maldives unless it is required by your destination.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The PH is not a guesthouse.

It states that if you’re suspected to have Covid, a fever etc then they will make get you get a PCR test.

This means if you have a temperature or appear for be sick at the airport.
Is the Hard Rock Hotel considered a guest house? I figured if they say you need to upload a PCR test to the Maldives website, that the PH would too. That's why I'm confused. The statement below is what sent me on the goose chase.

https://www.hardrockhotels.com/maldi..._Screening.pdf

"When leaving Maldives, it is required to produce and submit a negative PCR test result to Immigration Portal at least 24 hours’ prior departure. The PCR Test Certicate must display the clearly the name of the person traveling and the name of the medical facility that granted it. In addition, some airlines also do require to have a negative COVID 19 test before the guests are allowed on board, we have come up with a procedure to help our guests tested before their departure."
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:20 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Is the Hard Rock Hotel considered a guest house? I figured if they say you need to upload a PCR test to the Maldives website, that the PH would too. That's why I'm confused. The statement below is what sent me on the goose chase.

https://www.hardrockhotels.com/maldi..._Screening.pdf

"When leaving Maldives, it is required to produce and submit a negative PCR test result to Immigration Portal at least 24 hours’ prior departure. The PCR Test Certicate must display the clearly the name of the person traveling and the name of the medical facility that granted it. In addition, some airlines also do require to have a negative COVID 19 test before the guests are allowed on board, we have come up with a procedure to help our guests tested before their departure."
Ignore any advice that is not directly from the government authority, or that directly sources that advice.

One handy tool is Sherpa which AA embeds https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions
EuropeanPete and cabb like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
You most certainly don't need a PCR test to exit the Maldives if not staying at a guesthouse as mentioned above. There are plenty of posts in the various threads of Maldives resorts as well as in a thread about the BinaxNOW test, with data points of guests exiting to go to USA using antigen tests. No reason to doubt that you can do this when there are factual data points affirming it is possible.

Last edited by friedablass; Feb 16, 2022 at 4:41 pm
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi, we have a short stay of 3 nights here and received the OWV upgrade offer. Would you recommend taking that for 1 or 2 nights? Right now we are booked for 3 on the regular beach villa. I'm considering upgrading for just the last night to experience the OWV.
We will have late checkout so that might make the most sense to utilize in the OWV? Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
You can do the eMed BinaxNOW antigen proctored test that you can bring along with you. Many successful reports in other threads of passengers using it successfully ex MLE including a friend of mine who just did so this week (and another about 2-3 weeks ago). So you can decline the PCR and do your own thing.
Good to know, just ordered thank you! Does this depend on the airline flying as well? I see AA partners but not all do. We will be flying back via Qatar Airways so wondering if a PCR will be needed for the layover in Doha.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bomberman92
Good to know, just ordered thank you! Does this depend on the airline flying as well? I see AA partners but not all do. We will be flying back via Qatar Airways so wondering if a PCR will be needed for the layover in Doha.

Thanks
We flew Qatar back to the US from MLE in August 2021 and used the BinaxNow test to meet the US entry requirement. We sent the results to our host to have the them printed and had no issues checking in at the MLE airport. Separately we were never asked for a copy of the results during our layover in Doha.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by ATLSFO0515
We flew Qatar back to the US from MLE in August 2021 and used the BinaxNow test to meet the US entry requirement. We sent the results to our host to have the them printed and had no issues checking in at the MLE airport. Separately we were never asked for a copy of the results during our layover in Doha.
Awesome, thank you for this data point. Did you use the eMed provider for the proctoring piece?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bomberman92
Awesome, thank you for this data point. Did you use the eMed provider for the proctoring piece?
Yes we used eMed for the supervised portion - quick connections and straightforward processing.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by ATLSFO0515
I flew through Doha coming from Saudi Arabia to the US in September. Qatar checked the test results for everyone boarding my flight.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:34 pm

Hi, we have a short stay of 3 nights here and received the OWV upgrade offer. Would you recommend taking that for 1 or 2 nights?

I'm considering upgrading for just the last night to experience the OWV. We will have late checkout so that might make the most sense to utilize in the OWV? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.